Sidebar - Clemson | Syracusefan.com

Sidebar - Clemson

Geode

Block Head
So, quick sidebar that I thought was worth sharing here. I was on the Clemson campus this week speaking with some of their utilities staff as my company does some work for the University. I can say this. Extremely nice folks! Their offices literally overlook the football stadium.
- That campus is very nice. Rural but nice. As an SC resident for more than 8 yrs now I can envision my kids attending school there one day. It truly is in the middle of nowhere but there is undying loyalty there.
- They won't admit it readily but they are fully aware of Sept 14.
- There does appear to be mutual respect for what Dino is building. They, of all programs, can appreciate the work and effort required to rebuild (or build) a program. I also think they appreciate that Dino, like Dabo, is trying to build good people as well as a good football program. A common comment - "Hopefully, you can keep him"
- Their facilities truly are second to none. The amount of construction going on at that campus (sports and otherwise) is impressive. The entrance gates limited my ability to go see Daboworld but they are building long-term success and optimizing every ounce of land around that stadium.
- they are building a new booster building (IPTAY) adjacent at the stadium which is going to be nice, really nice.
- Expect the "hill" to get narrower in the future as it may give way to additional seating.
- Tipsy Taco was solid fast casual tacos.

I look forward to the day I can go see a game there (kids soccer schedules limit that ability currently).

The parallels between Dabo and Dino, great coaching skills as well as great characters and character builders is the best part. Building teams to compete at the highest levels is important in CFB, yet building champions of players lives far exceeds the gridiron and benefits the schools and all of society infinitely more.

Thank you for sharing.

Is really, really, really, really good.

That team, in particular the offense, is 2001 Miami good.

I get the Love fest with Clemson. They seem to be well behaved nice fans. Well not the ones when I was leaving the Dome after we beat them. That's the other side of them. You will see that side again if and when we beat them again. Good post tho. I'm sure everything is nice down there. Good people.

It’s a great location for them. They’re rural enough to be a college town, but are also 30 minutes from Greenville and 90 minutes from Atlanta.

Their facilities are ranked #1 by every publication I’ve seen that looks into this stuff.

The IPTAY set up is incredible for a huge fan base that has no problem investing in the program.

Generally, Clemson fans are very tolerable. And as others have stated, every fanbase has its idiots. They do seem very thin skinned though, probably because they had to endure years of owning that infamous choke label, ie: “Clemsoning”. People tend to forget, but their “rock bottom” was 70-33 vs WVU.
We can fully expect to see the “other side” of Clemson, after we beat them. ;)

I might be the only one on this forum who doesn’t really like Dabo. He’s an excellent coach, recruiter, and leader - but i can not stand his stance on paying players. The argument he uses that he’d “go do something else” is laughable

I might be the only one on this forum who doesn’t really like Dabo. He’s an excellent coach, recruiter, and leader - but i can not stand his stance on paying players. The argument he uses that he’d “go do something else” is laughable
He's a creep, Clemson sucks, and this site's obsession with that school is almost as bizarre as its obsession with Rutgers. I'm willing to overlook the Clemson obsession because at least they're good at football, but it's still weird.

[/QUOTE]
He's a creep, Clemson sucks, and this site's obsession with that school is almost as bizarre as its obsession with Rutgers. I'm willing to overlook the Clemson obsession because at least they're good at football, but it's still weird.
[/QUOTE]

It's the same "obsession" that fans and coaches of this program have had with Penn St. and Miami in the past.

Nothing bizarre about it at all.

I think the Clemson thing is because if we continue to see success in football it can easily be linked to that win as the turning point that helped bring the program back. In my 20s i was said idiot. Even pissed off my share of syracuse fans at the meadowlands when we getting beat by USC, oh well, i wont take back a word i said that day. Didnt have a bad run in with a single Clemson fan after that win, even with massive amounts of drunken trash talk spewing from me. I think the things Dabo said after the loss are also part of the reason why many syracuse fans respect him

Will be fun to see how we match up on Sept. 14.

Hopefully a little better than 59-0.

I think the Clemson thing is because if we continue to see success in football it can easily be linked to that win as the turning point that helped bring the program back. In my 20s i was said idiot. Even pissed off my share of syracuse fans at the meadowlands when we getting beat by USC, oh well, i wont take back a word i said that day. Didnt have a bad run in with a single Clemson fan after that win, even with massive amounts of drunken trash talk spewing from me. I think the things Dabo said after the loss are also part of the reason why many syracuse fans respect him

Are you Cuseregulars’ cousin?

Nephew

The insanely lopsided completely off the rails blowout, shutout when we had a decent-good teams seems confined to the P era. Marrone and Babers’s teams usually at least scored/score a few TDs and compete the whole game.

Nephew

Ha

At least it’s not down there and they aren’t still holding a 66-13 grudge.

And it ain’t Troy Nunes walking through that door.

One thing we all need to be prepared for, we are going to get their best shot.

Good memory!

Good memory!
I heard enough about Kiffens’ mother to last a lifetime.

7 years ago! Damn we are getting old.

You ok?

So, quick sidebar that I thought was worth sharing here. I was on the Clemson campus this week speaking with some of their utilities staff as my company does some work for the University. I can say this. Extremely nice folks! Their offices literally overlook the football stadium.
- That campus is very nice. Rural but nice. As an SC resident for more than 8 yrs now I can envision my kids attending school there one day. It truly is in the middle of nowhere but there is undying loyalty there.
- They won't admit it readily but they are fully aware of Sept 14.
- There does appear to be mutual respect for what Dino is building. They, of all programs, can appreciate the work and effort required to rebuild (or build) a program. I also think they appreciate that Dino, like Dabo, is trying to build good people as well as a good football program. A common comment - "Hopefully, you can keep him"
- Their facilities truly are second to none. The amount of construction going on at that campus (sports and otherwise) is impressive. The entrance gates limited my ability to go see Daboworld but they are building long-term success and optimizing every ounce of land around that stadium.
- they are building a new booster building (IPTAY) adjacent at the stadium which is going to be nice, really nice.
- Expect the "hill" to get narrower in the future as it may give way to additional seating.
- Tipsy Taco was solid fast casual tacos.

I look forward to the day I can go see a game there (kids soccer schedules limit that ability currently).
One if my favorite campuses. All things being equal (they weren't) it was my son's first choice.

It’s usually because some nice Clemson folks have came over to the board I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom