Sidibe getting an MRI | Syracusefan.com

Sidibe getting an MRI

It looked like he approached JB at one point. It looked like he wanted to go back in, in my opinion. JB talked to him for a moment and BS went back to his seat. So, hopefully that is a good sign.

this might be good news for JGIII. cuz he ain't neva comin off da floor if bs is hurt

It looked like he approached JB at one point. It looked like he wanted to go back in, in my opinion. JB talked to him for a moment and BS went back to his seat. So, hopefully that is a good sign.
I’m pretty certain that was JBA

yeah saw that, looked like jb told him he wasn't going back in and Bourama patted JB on shoulder//back

Saucy.

I believe Marek is the best 5 if Sidibe is out (heck, he's probably the best 5 when Sidibe is in and healthy), but I'm going to file that away as "Boeheim sez things" because I'm not buying for a minute that Edwards hasn't shown anything.

I'd take Marek in the Tavern League all day.

In ACC play, not so much.

The Young'uns better get ready quickly.

Saucy.

I believe Marek is the best 5 if Sidibe is out (heck, he's probably the best 5 when Sidibe is in and healthy), but I'm going to file that away as "Boeheim sez things" because I'm not buying for a minute that Edwards hasn't shown anything.

We were hearing that Anselem is an off the charts athlete that was making a big impact at practice.

Now he's no good, and none of our 3 young centers will play any meaningful minutes this year.

Great. Wash, rinse, repeat.

And we wonder what happened to our player development!

If this is what it's going to be like until Buddy leaves, this is hard to watch. We play a Patriot League pair of guards, defensively, against the ACC. You have to inject some athleticism into the backcourt, or else you can't guard anybody.

Sure, Boeheim used to play more than his fair share of slow-footed guards who could shoot and had a good floor game (from Andy Rautins all the way back to Hal Cohen and Marty Headd). But he always had a quick guard to partner the slow shooter, and the shooter learned to play the angles inside the zone.

If both of your guards are the slow-footed guys, then people can drive right into the teeth of the zone, draw the center, and either get him in foul trouble, kick the ball out to the wing, or dump it down to the cutter along the baseline. It all starts with the guards. Billy Edelin and Tyler Ennis were slow footed guards, but they were great readers of the game.

We always had a quick guard who could play defense to shut down a guy who was getting into the lane too easily, or who could close out more quickly on the hot shooter. You can swap sides that the guards are on, to match up to the scorer on the other team. We had those guys going back to Eddie Moss, Jimmy Williams, Gene Waldron, Jason Hart, and on and on.

You can't play defense in the ACC with Marty Headd and Marius Janulis as your starting backcourt. You can't guard anybody. That's what he's trying to do. We're not playing ECAC teams anymore.

Alan Griffin could project as an Erich Santifer kind of player, able to do a bit of everything, not quite a forward's size, but a decent outside shot, a good ability to get to the rim, stat stuffer with a lot of heart.

I could see Kadary Richmond as a Scoop Jardine kind of player. He has a nice pull up jumper. He's got good size for a guard. He makes a play, but he makes mistakes. Boeheim played Scoop, and Scoop got better.

We desperately need more athleticism in our backcourt. And we have to find out if any of these centers can play. Yes, Marek is stronger. Yes, Sidibe looks stronger, if he's not badly hurt.

But *every* team needs 3 bigs. We have to find out which of the other 3 guys can play. And that happens by playing them more than 2-4 minutes at a time. You have to give them a few more minutes than that just to get into the flow of the game.

Last edited:
It feels like a lot is riding on this MRI.

If Sidibe has the dreaded potato left leg, it messes things up a bit.

It won't happen, but I'd start Edwards at the 5, let him get a few minutes, see what he's got, and save Marek's minutes and fouls at the 5 for as long as he can.

It feels like a lot is riding on this MRI.

If Sidibe has the dreaded potato left leg, it messes things up a bit.

It won't happen, but I'd start Edwards at the 5, let him get a few minutes, see what he's got, and save Marek's minutes and fouls at the 5 for as long as he can.
Im going to suggest starting Marek at the 1 and Girard at the 5. I think we’d be better at preventing drives to the hoop that way.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom