Siena job may be opening up soon | Syracusefan.com

Siena job may be opening up soon

Frozen

2022 Cali Winner (Rushing Yards)
Just sayin’.

43197305-A6F5-4661-8AB3-26659963D3E1.png

Hire GMac Siena. He won’t bolt after one year.
Beilein/GMac will both want this job.
Hopefully Beilein thinks bigger.

Hire GMac Siena. He won’t bolt after one year.
Beilein/GMac will both want this job.
Hopefully Beilein thinks bigger.
I have been told by someone who knows that Beilein, contrary to reports here, didn't want the job the last time.

I have been told by someone who knows that Beilein, contrary to reports here, didn't want the job the last time.
Beilein should be able to get an A-10 level job with how well he is doing.
A team like Fordham or St. Joe’s would be smart to target him.
GMac at Siena would be good for him as well . As Siena has a good budget for a MAAC school.

We’ll see what Siena’s requirements are. They were only going to consider HCs last time.

Christian is a good coach. He turned Siena around in his one season there. How much more can George Washington pay than Siena?

Christian is a good coach. He turned Siena around in his one season there. How much more can George Washington pay than Siena?
GW can get an at-large based on their conference.
It’s hard for Siena to get an at-large.
Siena is a good MAAC job though.
GMac could make the tournament there and that is all he would need to do.

other than fran mccaffrey, for a couple decades now its been a better job for killing careers than for showcasing them

FWIW, the Siena job is now open for reals.

other than fran mccaffrey, for a couple decades now its been a better job for killing careers than for showcasing them
Orr moved up. Close to the 20 year criteria though.

Paul Hewitt, left Siena just under 20 years ago for Ga Tech

Siena coaches that have done well have gotten good jobs.
Mike Deane got the Marquette job.
Paul Hewitt got the Georgia Tech job.
Louis Orr got the Seton Hall job.
Fran McCaffrey got the Iowa job.

If you win at Siena you get a P5/BE job.
It’s a good spot for GMac. If he can get that job he would be smart to get it.
It’s not a loser job,

I appreciate the brazen attempt to get rid of our assistant coaches.;)
I wouldn’t want them to leave if it wasn’t to their career benefit.
Honestly Siena is a good job for a first time HC.
That is a job you can get a good job from.
One year 17-16 and the Siena coach got the George Washington job.

I wouldn’t want them to leave if it wasn’t to their career benefit.
Honestly Siena is a good job for a first time HC.
That is a job you can get a good job from.
One year 17-16 and the Siena coach got the George Washington job.
Most jobs are a good job for a 1st time HC.

Most jobs are a good job for a 1st time HC.
Not all jobs are good. You want a spot you can have good support and can actually win at.
Like Niagara isn’t a good job for GMac as a first time coach. Siena has history and local support. This is a job I go for.

Im a purple eagle so lets get the Gmac to Niagara train going, lol. Rumor is that Beilien has actually interviewed for the Niagara job already. John Beilein actually went to Niagara for his masters degree and his brother coaches for Niagara Community College, literally 3 minutes from the NU campus. Wouldn't suprise me at all if he wants the job, would be a great hire.

Does anyone know if Siena is going to require previous HC experience like they did last year? If so, all the Gmac and Beilein talk can stop. They didn’t get interviews last year because of the HC requirement.

I lost Louisville to start the day... so

A10 is as good a mid major league as it comes and it’s down big time right now and easy to win St Louis won it on a miracle comeback vs a mediocre Bonnie’s team. As a coach climbing the ladder Id jump at any A10 job without thinking twice. Sometimes they get 3 teams in the dance.

Siena coaches that have done well have gotten good jobs.
Mike Deane got the Marquette job.
Paul Hewitt got the Georgia Tech job.
Louis Orr got the Seton Hall job.
Fran McCaffrey got the Iowa job.

If you win at Siena you get a P5/BE job.
It’s a good spot for GMac. If he can get that job he would be smart to get it.
It’s not a loser job,

In other words, good coaches succeed there. If our assistants are good coaches and get the opportunity, they should jump at it.

Im a purple eagle so lets get the Gmac to Niagara train going, lol. Rumor is that Beilien has actually interviewed for the Niagara job already. John Beilein actually went to Niagara for his masters degree and his brother coaches for Niagara Community College, literally 3 minutes from the NU campus. Wouldn't suprise me at all if he wants the job, would be a great hire.
I wrestled at NCCC. BBall team was in shambles back then. Couldn’t keep anyone eligible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom