Sign of things to come? | Syracusefan.com

Sign of things to come?

Cuse69

Starter
Yesterday was only the 5th game since the post "ED era" was gotten underway where the offense scored 30+ points against a P5 opponent. 2019 it happened three time, road win over Duke, road loss to Louisville, and home OT win over Wake. Last year happened just once, our only victory of the season against GT. In comparison the 2018 team scored 30+ in 11 of 13 total games with the only two times it didn't happen being the road loss to Clemson where 23 points were scored, and the yankee stadium ND game where ED got hurt and a late field goal was kicked to avoid a shut out. I think our final record will have a lot to do with how many times the O scores 30+, if it's often I see a potential bowl game, if not it could be a long year.

Yesterday was only the 5th game since the post "ED era" was gotten underway where the offense scored 30+ points against a P5 opponent. 2019 it happened three time, road win over Duke, road loss to Louisville, and home OT win over Wake. Last year happened just once, our only victory of the season against GT. In comparison the 2018 team scored 30+ in 11 of 13 total games with the only two times it didn't happen being the road loss to Clemson where 23 points were scored, and the yankee stadium ND game where ED got hurt and a late field goal was kicked to avoid a shut out. I think our final record will have a lot to do with how many times the O scores 30+, if it's often I see a potential bowl game, if not it could be a long year.
Yeah, I think that's a great point. Shrader looks somewhat limited as a passer, but like Dungey, he makes plays. He also makes up for a mediocre offense with what he can do with his legs and heart. I'm all in on Shrader.

Good stat - 30 points from the offense is the college football equivalent of the "Mendoza Line" in baseball. If you can't reach that, you ain't in the game.

We scored 30 points and we lost.

Obviously still smarting from yesterday over here
I remember scoring 40 points against Northwestern…and lost. I remember scoring 60 points against Pitt… and lost.
Your point?

I remember scoring 40 points against Northwestern…and lost. I remember scoring 60 points against Pitt… and lost.
Your point?

Wait, what’s your point?

Good stat - 30 points from the offense is the college football equivalent of the "Mendoza Line" in baseball. If you can't reach that, you ain't in the game.
How many times have we scored 30+ against a P5 team in the last 2+ years?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom