Silent G next season | Syracusefan.com

Silent G next season

two3zone

RIP Shark58
With Chris M coming in, Joseph the backup point, Roberson, BJ, Bus playing the 2, BJ more ready, Rak taking up minutes at the 4 so other guys don't slide there more often, what does that mean for Silent G or for the rest of the guys? There are not many minutes going around for all of these guys and I do have faith in JB to make the right moves but that's a lot of guys and not a lot of time for all of them. Who do you guys think will be getting the minutes next year and who's sitting?

Things end up working out. I wouldn't worry about it now. At the moment, MG is getting minutes on the #2 team in the country. Based on history, he'll probbaly end up getting even more minutes next year (ahead of Joseph and the others lower on the depth chart)

Cuse!

Cuseball said:
Things end up working out. I wouldn't worry about it now. At the moment, MG is getting minutes on the #2 team in the country. Based on history, he'll probbaly end up getting even more minutes next year (ahead of Joseph and the others lower on the depth chart) Cuse!

Not really worried about, more excited than anything that we have guys that good fighting to see even a minute of court time. Just seems like every year we're getting more and more stacked. Love it!!!!

With Chris M coming in, Joseph the backup point, Roberson, BJ, Bus playing the 2, BJ more ready, Rak taking up minutes at the 4 so other guys don't slide there more often, what does that mean for Silent G or for the rest of the guys? There are not many minutes going around for all of these guys and I do have faith in JB to make the right moves but that's a lot of guys and not a lot of time for all of them. Who do you guys think will be getting the minutes next year and who's sitting?
If grant is drafted that opens mins for him at forward. He will battle Roberson and McCullough for pt and should be ahead of BJ just like he is this season. He should also stay ahead of Patterson for pt . It won't be easy for him or patt or BJ or Roberson but there are mins to go around for the best of them...all imho

If grant is drafted that opens mins for him at forward. He will battle Roberson and McCullough for pt and should be ahead of BJ just like he is this season. He should also stay ahead of Patterson for pt . It won't be easy for him or patt or BJ or Roberson but there are mins to go around for the best of them...all imho
Ahead of Patterson for pt at the 2 spot I meant to say

And as hopeful as I am on McCullough and hope he lives up to his one n done hype. I watched him in his last game against his former team and he did not look better than Gbinje or Roberson right now. Doesn't mean much as his ceiling is HUGE but still McCullough has a ton of improving to do. If he stays lazy on d JB won't play him much...IMOIMO

G is proving to be an anchor and very reliable on defense. His ability to run the point also allows our guards, Ennis etc., to not have to play every minute.

During his career at SU, G will be the quiet hero...just the silent guy you need to have in order to keep things moving.

Honestly Boeheim picking him up was genius.

G is proving to be an anchor and very reliable on defense. His ability to run the point also allows our guards, Ennis etc., to not have to play every minute.

During his career at SU, G will be the quiet hero...just the silent guy you need to have in order to keep things moving.

I think he becomes a scorer here before he leaves. Not dominant but Double digit type of guy. His three pt shooting percentage is good, he just rarely pulls the trigger...

I think he becomes a scorer here before he leaves. Not dominant but Double digit type of guy. His three pt shooting percentage is good, he just rarely pulls the trigger...
doubt he ever plays enough to be a double digit scorer.

I think his versatility at the 1, 2 and 3 all help him find court time next year. Improve his three ball and that time goes up a lot.

doubt he ever plays enough to be a double digit scorer.
I certainly think you could be right but he played at crunch time against the johnnies, his plus minus on the season is very very good, who is going to jump ahead of him? Roberson, Patterson, BJ, McCullough, Kaleb? One or at most two might but definitely not all of them. Did you notice JB put MG in at the 3 for a couple mins instead of Roberson last game? What if that pecking order doesn't change next season...

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/syracuse/michael-gbinije/plus_minus

Because he's the hero Syracuse deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Silent G.

He's a perfect JB guy. He'll find the court because he's versatile, reliable and works his ass off. He's was out hustling everyone on the court for rebounds in the 2nd half sunday.

I think he'll continue to come out of his shell more in conference play, he's more familiar with the ACC than anyone else on the team.

Just seems like he'll be a guy that JB trusts. Looks extremely coachable and just doesn't make many mistakes.

He's a perfect JB guy. He'll find the court because he's versatile, reliable and works his ass off. He's was out hustling everyone on the court for rebounds in the 2nd half sunday.

I think he'll continue to come out of his shell more in conference play, he's more familiar with the ACC than anyone else on the team.

Just seems like he'll be a guy that JB trusts. Looks extremely coachable and just doesn't make many mistakes.

The rebounding is a huge point. Long shots = long rebounds. We need to be able to control those in close games and he's our best at it.

Playing time is always a problem. Most player's think they deserve more playing time. Silent G's stock went up with his defensive performance against St John's Harrison. JB has said a few times his starters are the players who get the most playing time. Next year is really going to be tough for some players. I think Silent G, BJ, RP, and TR are going to have some problems getting enough PT. McCullough is going to take minutes away from someone. K-JO2 is going to take away minutes from Silent G at the guard position. So next year we will have a lot guys looking to play the 2 spot. The good thing is whoever is hot on a given night will get playing time. If Grant doesn't jump to the NBA early then TR is going to have PT issues because of McCullough. How much time in Obokoh going to get with Coleman and Christmas as upper class-men. It's going to be tough for players all around. It will be very competitive. They will be able to sell tickets to practice session scrimmages next year! For someone who bleeds Orange these are good problems to have!

how so? he played like 10 minutes in ACC play his freshmen season

how so? he played like 10 minutes in ACC play his freshmen season
Been to the arenas, knows the atmosphere. Hell, he called Cameron home for a year.

not sure why people think Kaleb Joseph is going to take anyone's minutes, love the kid and think he will be great, but he will be getting the BJ/Buss/Roberson treatment next year along with Obokoh and probably Buss.

Because he's the hero Syracuse deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Silent G.
LongIslandCuse is holding out for a hero.
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors