2016-2017 11 scholarships available
Tyler Lydon
Dejuan Coleman
Pascal Chukwu

2015-2016
Dejuan Coleman
Tyler Lydon
Chino Obokoh

We have wasted a lot of scholarships on little production.
It seems we don’t do a good job developing big guys. Since we use scholarships on them and it takes time to develop.

Why can’t we find a Rick Jackson type of recruit?
Alsacs, I would even add M. Diagne who was unable to qualify, went JC, disappeared at WKU, who knows how he would have fit in
and Taureen Thompson transferring to Seton Hall after 1 year that have contributed to this ongoing situation for the last 4 season Some of that is bad luck.

Alsacs, I would even add M. Diagne who was unable to qualify, went JC, disappeared at WKU, who knows how he would have fit in
and Taureen Thompson transferring to Seton Hall after 1 year that have contributed to this ongoing situation for the last 4 season Some of that is bad luck.
Yeah, Taureen had some ability and a crazy mom... He's doing grad work at Detroit Mercy right now, so I'm not willing to bet he'd have developed into the savior.

Certainly could've been an upgrade in situations on the offensive end though.

The point I was making that outside a small stretch from Sidibe last season and Tyler Lydon why can’t we bring in a big who can step on the floor and not be a clog on offense and play the middle of the zone.

Our staff can’t find guys who aren’t projects. Why?

Yeah, Taureen had some ability and a crazy mom... He's doing grad work at Detroit Mercy right now, so I'm not willing to bet he'd have developed into the savior.

He might have been the first center we ever had who would refuse to cross half-court to defend the SU basket. That would have been something. Conscientious objector to D.

The point I was making that outside a small stretch from Sidibe last season and Tyler Lydon why can’t we bring in a big who can step on the floor and not be a clog on offense and play the middle of the zone.

Our staff can’t find guys who aren’t projects. Why?
It's becoming a mystery that if its not fixed soon, it will cost JB the opportunity to just being able to turn the keys over to Autry or McNamara when he departs.

How many more years of mediocrity will be tolerated for when JB leaves, JW or whoever is AD just says, we need a change and need to go outside of the staff and maybe even Hopkins

It's becoming a mystery that if its not fixed soon, it will cost JB the opportunity to just being able to turn the keys over to Autry or McNamara when he departs.

How many more years of mediocrity will be tolerated for when JB leaves, JW or whoever is AD just says, we need a change and need to go outside of the staff and maybe even Hopkins
Yeah I think JB isn’t going to get just pick an assistant on staff(aka GMac) and give him the keys.

JB has every right to go out like Bobby Bowden but the FSU made Bobby fire his son as OC and hire Jimbo Fisher as HCIW.

JB isn’t going to get to just name his successor unless he pulls a Calhoun and if he does that Wildhack gets to pick the assistant who becomes interim coach which would be the top assistant most likely.

2020-2021 13 scholarships available
Bourama Sidibe
Frank Anselem
Jon Bol Ajak
Jeese Edwards

2019-2020 13 scholarships available
Bourama Sidibe
Jesse Edwards
Jon Bol Ajak- Redshirt

2018-2019 12 scholarships available
Pascal Chukwu
Bourama Sidibe

2017-2018 11 scholarships available
Pascal Chukwu
Bourama Sidibe

2016-2017 11 scholarships available
Tyler Lydon
Dejuan Coleman
Pascal Chukwu

2015-2016
Dejuan Coleman
Tyler Lydon
Chino Obokoh

We have wasted a lot of scholarships on little production.
It seems we don’t do a good job developing big guys. Since we use scholarships on them and it takes time to develop.

Why can’t we find a Rick Jackson type of recruit?

You know what this program needs, another former Syracuse guard on the coaching staff.

His being at Detroit Mercy may be because of mom not talent.

If the next HC is a promotion i hope the open assistant spot goes to a big man coach with no ties to the program. Cuse needs fresh eyes on things. The program is stale.

Yup. Cant be stated enough how key Weaver and Murphy were to our two best runs of the last 30 years.

And have we ever seen guys gain quality weight? I can't remember any. Either the S&C program sucks or guys aren't held accountable to it or their diet.

The last guys who I remember making a huge change were Etan Thomas and Jason Hart.

I remember Hart coming back his senior year and it looked like he had gotten cosmetic surgery implants on his biceps. He spent the off-season in California away from our trainers and got insanely big and in shape. That off season put him in the league.

Etan was on Packer's All Uniform Team from sophomore year.

I really can't think of any other player who transformed during their time here.

I think JB doesn't think extra muscle helps you make jump shots, so it's not a priority.

The last guys who I remember making a huge change were Etan Thomas and Jason Hart.

I remember Hart coming back his senior year and it looked like he had gotten cosmetic surgery implants on his biceps. He spent the off-season in California away from our trainers and got insanely big and in shape. That off season put him in the league.

Etan was on Packer's All Uniform Team from sophomore year.

I really can't think of any other player who transformed during their time here.

I think JB doesn't think extra muscle helps you make jump shots, so it's not a priority.
I’d add Dion Waiters to the list.

Cooney seemed to get more muscular. I think it's left up to the players. It seems to match JB's hands off approach.

Last edited:
Actually, Rak's last home game was my last game as a season ticket holder for basketball. Maybe this is really my fault.