Since the SEC and ACC are going to stay at 8 conference games | Syracusefan.com

Since the SEC and ACC are going to stay at 8 conference games

Alsacs

Living Legend
The two conferences should come together and form a conference collaboration each year so each conference would play 8 conference games and 1 cross-conference game for a total of 9 games like the Pac-12, B1G, and Big XII will play in conference.

Right off the bat you would have Georgia-Georgia Tech, Florida-Florida State, Clemson-South Carolina, Louisville-Kentucky being 4 of the annual 14 games.
SEC
South Carolina
Georgia
Florida
Kentucky
LSU
Alabama
Auburn
Vanderbilt
Ole Miss
Mississippi State
Tennessee
Missouri
Texas A&M
Arkansas

ACC
Clemson
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Louisville
NC State
North Carolina
Wake Forest
Duke
Syracuse
Boston College
Pittsburgh
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Miami(Fl)

For example my hypothetical 2013 matchups would be
Florida State-Florida
Georgia Tech-Georgia
Louisville-Kentucky
Clemson-South Carolina
Virginia Tech-Alabama
North Carolina-LSU
Miami-Texas A&M
Virginia-Arkansas
Duke-Tennessee
Wake Forest-Vanderbilt
NC State-Ole Miss
Syracuse-Auburn
Pittsburgh-Mississippi State
Boston College-Missouri

The games could be neutral site games or at home it would be up to each school, but playing them in neutral sites could give each school a bigger payout.
Bold match-ups are permanent
Then you take the other 10 teams from each conference and rotate the matchups each year like the B1G/ACC basketball challenge. This way each conference is still playing 9 BCS games a year

Auburn would be great, we'll never have enough payback for Tie-Dye. Would want that matchup every year, could end up being a great rivalry.

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE CHICKENSHIT CALL IT WAS TO GO FOR THE FRIGGIN TIE! PAT DYE CAN CHOKE ON IT YOU GUTLESS BA$TARD. ROT IN HELL YOU SONOFABITCH!

edit: 25 years later and it still pisses me off to no end. we were a gutless fieldgoal away from a national championship.

edit: 25 years later and it still pisses me off to no end. we were a gutless fieldgoal away from a national championship.
I dunno... I suspect most still would've voted Miami at #1.
Miami beat five ranked opponents in the regular season while Syracuse only beat one (PSU).

It would'be fun to at least be part of the consideration.

because the above, im done with auburn.

D.O.N.E.

i like this idea, lets play mississippi.

mark, get us in the grovc.

Mrs. Dippy's date--and all the guys on SU have 1959 decals on their helmets.

Wake and Vandy have been playing an annual last game of the year since 2010, so force them to keep it up and cross it off the rotation list.

I like the idea to rotate the rest.

Scheduling non conference football games would go from the SU Athletic Department's most challenging job (as a Big East member) to one of its easiest. Probably combined with better pay.

This would probably mean we'd play some SEC opponents more regularly than ACC Coastal opponents.

:bang:

because the above, im done with auburn.

D.O.N.E.

i like this idea, lets play mississippi.

mark, get us in the grotto.
ole miss would take us to the woodshed

lets get Missouri to the load house and beat there arse again like we did on there turf

ole-miss-grove_crop_358x243.jpg
ole miss would take us to the woodshed
tents and woodsheds??? they got pure oak barreled whiskey in em??
BAMAvsOLEMISS_02_Smith_4.jpg

nobody ever said you gotta win em all, dash.....

ole-miss-grove_crop_358x243.jpg

tents and woodsheds??? they got pure oak barreled whiskey in em??
BAMAvsOLEMISS_02_Smith_4.jpg

nobody ever said you gotta win em all, dash.....

One thing that they DO have is more hot co-eds than any other school in the South. That is a stone cold FACT. There are beautiful girls EVERYWHERE on The Grove.

They were so many beautiful young women on campus during his time in Oxford that their legenday coach, Johnny Vaught, was to have said...'At Ole Miss, we redshirt Miss Americas.' Nice. :cool:

The two conferences should come together and form a conference collaboration each year so each conference would play 8 conference games and 1 cross-conference game for a total of 9 games like the Pac-12, B1G, and Big XII will play in conference.

Right off the bat you would have Georgia-Georgia Tech, Florida-Florida State, Clemson-South Carolina, Louisville-Kentucky being 4 of the annual 14 games.
SEC
South Carolina
Georgia
Florida
Kentucky
LSU
Alabama
Auburn
Vanderbilt
Ole Miss
Mississippi State
Tennessee
Missouri
Texas A&M
Arkansas

ACC
Clemson
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Louisville
NC State
North Carolina
Wake Forest
Duke
Syracuse
Boston College
Pittsburgh
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Miami(Fl)

For example my hypothetical 2013 matchups would be
Florida State-Florida
Georgia Tech-Georgia
Louisville-Kentucky
Clemson-South Carolina
Virginia Tech-Alabama
North Carolina-LSU
Miami-Texas A&M
Virginia-Arkansas
Duke-Tennessee
Wake Forest-Vanderbilt
NC State-Ole Miss
Syracuse-Auburn
Pittsburgh-Mississippi State
Boston College-Missouri

The games could be neutral site games or at home it would be up to each school, but playing them in neutral sites could give each school a bigger payout.
Bold match-ups are permanent
Then you take the other 10 teams from each conference and rotate the matchups each year like the B1G/ACC basketball challenge. This way each conference is still playing 9 BCS games a year

I like this idea a lot. I think it would be great for both leagues. But everything I'm reading about the ACC getting involved in something like this points to the 10 schools in the Big XII rather than the SEC. They also want Notre Dame involved in it. Has anyone seen any further update about the ACC-Big XII scheduling alliance?

If the staff is intent on keeping up their midwestern recruiting ties, might we need to schedule regular games vs the Toledos, Northern Illinois, Miami of Ohios of the world?

With 4 games we should have room for an A-league power also.

Scheduling non conference football games would go from the SU Athletic Department's most challenging job (as a Big East member) to one of its easiest. Probably combined with better pay.
If only that position was manned by a fraternity boy, Chip would be all set. :)

This would probably mean we'd play some SEC opponents more regularly than ACC Coastal opponents.
LOL... bring on the pods, people... yes, really, bring them on!

If the staff is intent on keeping up their midwestern recruiting ties, might we need to schedule regular games vs the Toledos, Northern Illinois, Miami of Ohios of the world?
All of them but Buffalo!
NIU might require a 1-for-1... which could be too pricey, so skip it. The others, 2-for-1 ... come on Akron!

If the whole point of not going to nine games is to preserve geographic rivalries, then having 14 (or whatever) interconference matchups doesn't really do the trick.

Florida State-Florida
Georgia Tech-Georgia
Louisville-Kentucky
Clemson-South Carolina

OK, so far. Matching TN vs NC works pretty well too.

I'd go with:

Tennessee-UNC or NCSU
Vanderbilt-Wake or Duke

But, after that there really are no geographic rivalries. Better to keep the remaining matchups within the conference as a ninth game that emphasizes geographic proximity, but doesn't count in the conference standings.

If the whole point of not going to nine games is to preserve geographic rivalries, then having 14 (or whatever) interconference matchups doesn't really do the trick.

Florida State-Florida
Georgia Tech-Georgia
Louisville-Kentucky
Clemson-South Carolina

I'd go with:

Tennessee-UNC or NCSU
Vanderbilt-Wake or Duke

But, after that there really are no geographic rivalries. Better to keep the remaining matchups within the conference as a ninth game that emphasizes geographic proximity, but doesn't count in the conference standings.
This isn't about geographic proximity its about guaranteeing each conference plays 9 BCS opponents each year. 4 of the 14 matchups would be about protecting existing rivalries, but the other 10 matchups would be for good TV inventory and instead of playing an extra conference game which would guarantee a loss within the conference it gives a quality opponent from another BCS conference. These games could be neutral site games a la the Chick-Fil-A season opener in Atlanta, to games in Charlotte, New Orleans, Nashville, Metlife in NJ.

Better to keep the remaining matchups within the conference as a ninth game that emphasizes geographic proximity, but doesn't count in the conference standings.
That's not going to happen. I'd rather see Syracuse play Northwestern, PSU, any SEC team or even Maryland/Rutgers than playing an ACC team in a game that doesn't count.

This isn't about geographic proximity its about guaranteeing each conference plays 9 BCS opponents each year. 4 of the 14 matchups would be about protecting existing rivalries, but the other 10 matchups would be for good TV inventory and instead of playing an extra conference game which would guarantee a loss within the conference it gives a quality opponent from another BCS conference. These games could be neutral site games a la the Chick-Fil-A season opener in Atlanta, to games in Charlotte, New Orleans, Nashville, Metlife in NJ.

Playing an extra conference game which would guarantee a win too. In any case, if avoiding losses is the goal, the playing more SEC teams probably isn't the best strategy.

Florida State-Florida
Georgia Tech-Georgia
Louisville-Kentucky
Clemson-South Carolina

I'd go with:

Tennessee-UNC or NCSU
Vanderbilt-Wake or Duke

You cannot play conference teams and not count the games in the standings. That just doesn't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom