Sindarius Thornwell | Syracusefan.com

Sindarius Thornwell

CuseForLife

Walk On
Hey Francis are we actually in it with Sindarius Thornwell? They were listing us in the mix on the elite 24 show.

Interest have been shown since the spring but I don't believe he's a serious target.

Per ESPN and Dave Telep:

South Carolina, Clemson, Syracuse, N.C. State and Florida State are his main schools of choice as of late August. Syracuse and South Carolina had the edge.

“I like Syracuse’s zone and the zone and the way they play,” Thornwell said. “Coach Frank, he’s cool. Most people say he’s crazy on the court, but off the court he’s a great person. Me and him just bonded.”

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/dave-telep/post/_/id/1987/sindarius-thornwell-favors-a-pair

Uhhh ... who's Coach Frank?
I think that he kind of went right in to South Carolina and Frank Martin there. It was a tricky transition.

“Coach Frank, he’s cool. Most people say he’s crazy on the court ..."

crazy???? the guy makes frank booth look like george bailey.

He's been man against boys in this tournament.

Gonzaga will have never seen this kind of on ball pressure before. WVU pressed a TON but isn't as good in the halfcourt D as South Carolina, imo. If the Gonzaga guards can't turn the corner on them and force rotations then it will be the Gamecocks in the championship, imo.

Gonzaga will have never seen this kind of on ball pressure before. WVU pressed a TON but isn't as good in the halfcourt D as South Carolina, imo. If the Gonzaga guards can't turn the corner on them and force rotations then it will be the Gamecocks in the championship, imo.
As long as Goss can stay out of foul trouble then I think it's Gonzaga. Their bigs will be too much because they'll force Silvia into foul trouble and without Silvia they're in big trouble.

As long as Goss can stay out of foul trouble then I think it's Gonzaga. Their bigs will be too much because they'll force Silvia into foul trouble and without Silvia they're in big trouble.

Yeah, I was being optimistic before. Still not sure if Gonzaga's guards can turn the corner on these guys. I'm hoping for some scenario where Gonzaga can't get it inside as well. Kotsar has been giving South Carolina good minutes too.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was being optimistic before. Still not sure if Gonzaga's guard can turn the corner on these guys. I'm hoping for some scenario where Gonzaga can't get it inside as well. Kotsar has been giving South Carolina good minutes too.
Yeah he has. It'll definitely be interesting to see the styles of play against one another. I think they may try to throw Matthews on thornwell but i dont know how well that would work.

He's the type of player who doesn't really stand out as flashy but then you realize he has 25 points and 7 rebounds with some defensive plays and you're like... What

Not that tall but just that guy who you know is ridiculously strong

I take Justin Jackson over him, and I wouldn't have too think to hard about it.

But Thornwell is a nice player.
nope, and I'm not talking about nba upside. Thornwell is the best player remaining in the tourney.

nope, and I'm not talking about nba upside. Thornwell is the best player remaining in the tourney.

Neither am I. I feel like Justin Jackson is a match up nightmare, and can hurt you just as much from any place on the floor.

As far as the NBA thing goes, I'm not a fan so I never really think in those terms. Thronwell is nice, but he's not even in my top three personally.

I think having already played WV will be a big benefit to Gonzaga. Martin is from the Huggins coaching tree so there are many similarities int he defenses Gonzaga will see. But if WV had a player like Thornwell they'd have beaten the Zags by 10. WV was/is just an atrocious offensive team. I think SC wins this game.

I think having already played WV will be a big benefit to Gonzaga. Martin is from the Huggins coaching tree so there are many similarities int he defenses Gonzaga will see. But if WV had a player like Thornwell they'd have beaten the Zags by 10. WV was/is just an atrocious offensive team. I think SC wins this game.
The last few moments of the WV game were just painful to watch. I have never seen a good team look so clueless.

Neither am I. I feel like Justin Jackson is a match up nightmare, and can hurt you just as much from any place on the floor.

As far as the NBA thing goes, I'm not a fan so I never really think in those terms. Thronwell is nice, but he's not even in my top three personally.
hey it's ok to be wrong!

“Coach Frank, he’s cool. Most people say he’s crazy on the court ..."

crazy???? the guy makes frank booth look like george bailey.

heard a cool story about Coach Martin and Sindarius yesterday on one of the radio stations I listen to. It was a reporter who does college player moving to NBA scouting and evaluations who also has been friends with Frank for 32 years I think he said. Said that martin had taken time to text him about the potential value of Thornwell on the next level despite the fact he was knee deep in preparations for the final four, and "that's one of the reasons his players would die for him."

Big fan of the coach. That's who I'm rooting for the rest of the way.

heard a cool story about Coach Martin and Sindarius yesterday on one of the radio stations I listen to. It was a reporter who does college player moving to NBA scouting and evaluations who also has been friends with Frank for 32 years I think he said. Said that martin had taken time to text him about the potential value of Thornwell on the next level despite the fact he was knee deep in preparations for the final four, and "that's one of the reasons his players would die for him."

Big fan of the coach. That's who I'm rooting for the rest of the way.
He's become a celebrity with his post-game interviews. I see a lot of him here in SC and he is someone I would run through a wall for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom