Skippy out at USF | Syracusefan.com

Skippy out at USF

Any recruits we were in on? :)
I think SU was on Asiantii Woulard, who won the Elite 11 camp, and he has already decommitted. Wonder where he'll end up. I'd imagine there's no interest in either direction.

I think SU was on Asiantii Woulard, who won the Elite 11 camp, and he has already decommitted. Wonder where he'll end up. I'd imagine there's no interest in either direction.
NC St

We dodged a bullet there.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

We dodged a couple. The committee knew what it was doing. Gross' top three were skippy, gill and locksley right?

We dodged a couple. The committee knew what it was doing. Gross' top three were skippy, gill and locksley right?

Edsall then Holtz. Don't know after that. Holtz was very public, Edsall wasn't due to his situation at UConn.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Sweet Lord. Honestly, and not just because of this, but how does this guy still have a job here??

I'd be interested in seeing a list of head coaches that were both hired and fired since the offseason the DM was hired during.

Actually didn't Skippy turn us down? Either way, thank the lucky stars.

I remember the talk was we didnt want Holtz because he would help us get back on the right track and then bolt to a more high profile job.

Funny looking back on it!

c4s_jenholtz050910_121035c.jpg

The woman who is 2nd from the right in this photograph is Jennifer Holtz, Skip's wife. Skip agreed to come to Syracuse as the new HC but was overruled by Jennifer, a Florida native and graduate of FSU, who hates snow and cold weather with the passion of many from the Deep South.

Thanks Jennifer!

c4s_jenholtz050910_121035c.jpg

The woman who is 2nd from the right in this photograph is Jennifer Holtz, SDkip's wife. Skip agreed to come to Syracuse as the new HC but was overruled by Jennifer, a Florida native and graduate of FSU, who hates snow and cold weather with the passion of many from the Deep South.

Thanks Jennifer!

Turns out getting him ditching us was the greatest gift to SU he could've ever given.

Sweet Lord. Honestly, and not just because of this, but how does this guy still have a job here??

Are you referring to Gross? If so, that's a pretty silly statement. Edsall was pursued by 3 or 4 BCS programs. Holtz was very successful at UCONN and then did a remarkable job at ECU. USF's infrastructure is such a mess that I don't think anyone is going to be truly successful there. So it's not really silly that those two were strong candidates for the job.

Oh, and besides that he has made all of our other athletic programs relevant, as shown by our steady climb up the Sears Cup standings every year. Women's lax, women's field hockey, men's soccer, women's hoops, tennis, and cross country are some of the best programs out there right now.

And then there's that little conference switch to the ACC.

BJ Daniels = coach killer

Holtz will regroup and succeed somewhere else.

so much of coaching is luck. he was lucky to be named holtz to even get the opportunity in the first place but then he was unlucky to get stuck with Daniels.

he would've gotten crushed in the media for jettisoning daniels from the start but in retrospect that's what he should've done.

Perhaps there'll be an opening in Storrs. :)

He'll likely return to C-USA, or find something in the SunBelt or MAC.

Imagine hiring another ex big east cast off? Why did he leave UConn?

Maybe NIU hires him to replace the coach that just bolted?