Slippery Fingers | Syracusefan.com

Slippery Fingers

BillSU

All American
Everyone is looking for that “other receiver”. Well, we could have had a lot better results if the receivers today could have caught the ball thrown to them especially the ones that hit them right in their hands.

Maybe Dr. Anae should purchase a Jugs gun for every starter and make them catch at least 100 balls every practice.

Then again when you only rush for 61 YDS and your starting QB goes 5 – 14 for 36 YDS, 1 TD something is definitely wrong. At least Del Rio Wilson was 50% with 11 – 22 for 190 and a TD.

This team was definitely way off on offense and defense today. Hope it’s only one game.

(edit) I did not know that Shrader was hurt in the Clemson game - thus the reason for his and our poor performance. If he cannot run it makes a huge difference in our offensive plans. I think, depending on how hurt he is to have Del Rio Wilson start against Pitt. We don't realize how valuable Shrader's mobility and YDS per game are.

Last edited:
Everyone is looking for that “other receiver”. Well, we could have had a lot better results if the receivers today could have caught the ball thrown to them especially the ones that hit them right in their hands.

Maybe Dr. Anae should purchase a Jugs gun for every starter and make them catch at least 100 balls every practice.

Then again when you only rush for 61 YDS and you starting QB goes 5 – 14 for 36 YDS, 1 TD something is definitely wrong. At least Del Rio Wilson was 50% with 11 – 22 for 190 and a TD.

This team was definitely way off on offense and defense today. Hope it’s only one game.
I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: The defense was fine.

WRs definitely need to work on catching CDRW’s fastballs. And - as someone mentioned earlier - CDRW needs to work on his touch passes. So much potential, though.

Adams produced today. He has produced more in his limited snaps than Jackson has all season. Courtney starts and plays most of the game and does nothing. Cooper and Jackson are on the field way too much for how productive they are.

Sticky Fingers. Great Album

51wCmL06bFL._SY355_.jpg

We have a 8-0 defense.

We just cant buy them sustained timely offensive drives or points off turnovers.

Our team has the pieces to be scary next year and I have faith we’ll see some visible adjustments at Pitt.

Dino knows this road game’s crucial.

Yeah, let’s see what Donovan Brown & Kendall Long can bring to the party.

Also - Dan Vallari as TE/WR/FBP.
And - I’m still shocked we haven’t tried using him for some trickeration of some sort.
Donovan Brown looks like he is on track to redshirt.

Adams produced today. He has produced more in his limited snaps than Jackson has all season. Courtney starts and plays most of the game and does nothing. Cooper and Jackson are on the field way too much for how productive they are.

You’re blasting Jackson but the kid who drops the passes is Cooper

Jackson did fine his first 2 years in the slot. He’s the next best runner behind Pena. Needs to get some throws where he can run. He’s being used wrong.
We were not a good offense or team those two years. Every years a new year. Gotta upgrade position groups

We were not a good offense or team those two years. Every years a new year. Gotta upgrade position groups

That’s enlightening.

The QB and the WRs are bad. The kids dropping the balls are not named Jackson. That’s what my eyes tell me.

That’s enlightening.

The QB and the WRs are bad. The kids dropping the balls are not named Jackson. That’s what my eyes tell me.
Jackson’s gotta get open in order to have the ball thrown his way. Or we could force it and throw a pick but we’ve seen quite enough of that

It was great to see Adams & Hatcher make some catches. Hatcher made a couple really nice grabs (including the one he was out of bounds) but he also dropped the deep ball that hit him in hands.
I feel like CDRW has chemistry with those guys from practice.
Hopefully they gained confidence today and the staff will call their numbers more.