SMU's Stuff Was Nothing Compared to This | Syracusefan.com

SMU's Stuff Was Nothing Compared to This

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
SMU's stuff was just the old standbys: Boosters, Money, Sex with Women and Alcohol.
Kinda quaint looking back.

Penn State has raised the bar. If they don't get slammed (I know the death penalty won't be used) and I mean like probation for 5 years and cutting scholies to 1AA levels...then the NCAA just needs to close up shop.

...whoa...wrong is wrong...it is when we get to degrees of wrong that the worst happens...if it is illegal or morally wrong...it is not a shade of degree...it is just that...illegal and morally wrong...

Penn State has raised the bar.

To unbelievable heights.I can't see this ever being topped and I believe the suface is just now being scratched.This keeps getting more and more sickening.

...whoa...wrong is wrong...it is when we get to degrees of wrong that the worst happens...if it is illegal or morally wrong...it is not a shade of degree...it is just that...illegal and morally wrong...
this is very very very stupid

I dont see how the NCAA can punish Penn State from a penalty standpoint for incidents that occurred in the 90's between a sicko coach and young boys. I dont see the NCAA doign much to be honest.

arbitragegls, are you saying that If i say 2 plus 2 =5 and you say 2 plus 2 =100..well both our numbers are wrong? Of course there are degrees. It is a crime to go over 55 mph on the highway. It is a crime to murder your wife. They are not equal.

It's called lack of institutional control. In the dictionary, this is the definition.

the NCAA can punish them if it comes out that Second Mile was funneling funds to the football program, and the whole damn institution new about it and supported it

It's called lack of institutional control. In the dictionary, this is the definition.

Lack of institutional control is in regards to the program (players) on and off the field, the PSU players had nothign to do with this how in the world can they be punished for this.

We have shades of grey. That's why someone caught with an 8ball of coke doesn't get the same punishment as a child molester.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

the NCAA can punish them if it comes out that Second Mile was funneling funds to the football program, and the whole damn institution new about it and supported it

If that's true, how can you not give the death penalty?

If this doesn't do it, then I'm moving forward with my plan to make Syracuse the most corrupt program in college football. I mean, what's the worst that can happen versus the upside potential?

lack of institutional control is what the NCAA says it is. we don't have to worry about the ncaa doing anything. The Federal gov't and the market place will take care of PSU.

Lack of institutional control is in regards to the program (players) on and off the field, the PSU players had nothign to do with this how in the world can they be punished for this.

Unfortunately the players are the collateral damage along with the coaches who had no idea.

if the 2ud mile story is true, penn state will get the death penalty.

I dont see how the NCAA can punish Penn State from a penalty standpoint for incidents that occurred in the 90's between a sicko coach and young boys. I dont see the NCAA doign much to be honest.

I think that we're going to find out that JoePa elevated MM in return for silence. Would that be a violation? Another possibility is the use of Second Mile to funnel money into the program - NCAA would be all over that. I think they'll use 'lack of institutional control' as justification if the do come sniffing around.

What if the 2nd Mile Foundation was funneling money into the PSU football program with ill gotten gain?

The program needs the death penalty and everyone currently involved with the program, needs to be replaced. They need to start from scratch.

lack of institutional control is what the NCAA says it is. we don't have to worry about the ncaa doing anything. The Federal gov't and the market place will take care of PSU.

Penn State is going to likely hire Meyer or another big name coach and keep the machine rolling, I dont see PSU as a program suddenly turning into Rutgers and talk of the death penalty is laughable

What if the 2nd Mile Foundation was funneling money into the PSU football program with ill gotten gain?

The program needs the death penalty and everyone currently involved with the program, needs to be replaced. They need to start from scratch.

I agree but nowhere is that being reported that 2nd mile was funneling money into the program or that it was gained from an ill gotten source as you noted. They have allready cleared the deck from the president to Joe Pa, the NCCA is going to do there normal investigation and PSU will get a slap on the wrist if that.

Unfortunately the players are the collateral damage along with the coaches who had no idea.

Now they do have an idea, and they along with the student body blindly follow Paterno. I see no difference now that they chose to make their bed with Paterno, knowing what happened.

Not sure what you are saying.

Agree. PSU should shut it down for one year and not leave a stone unturned.

The rabid, support THE PROGRAM at all costs hivemind we saw from students and the victim complex on fan message boards - that has to be left behind.

Let the players have their choice of transfer, declare for the draft early, whatever.

Absorb the financial costs - no idea how.

Change the uniforms - everything.

(never gonna happen)

Penn State is going to likely hire Meyer or another big name coach and keep the machine rolling, I dont see PSU as a program suddenly turning into Rutgers and talk of the death penalty is laughable
No big name coach, with any self respect is going to touch that hot potato, IMO.

They will get a no name coach, with a clean record. Penn State WILL ultimately be competing with Indiana for the Big Ten cellar.

They have to clean house completely. There is no alternative.

Agree. PSU should shut it down for one year and not leave a stone unturned.

The rabid, support THE PROGRAM at all costs hivemind we saw from students and the victim complex on fan message boards - that has to be left behind.

Let the players have their choice of transfer, declare for the draft early, whatever.

Absorb the financial costs - no idea how.

Change the uniforms - everything.

(never gonna happen)

I dont disagree but none of that is ever going to happen. That fanbase will continue to support at all costs regardless. A lot of people are gonna pay for not doign the right thing in the beginning but the program itself will survive