Sneakerhead Thread (the alliteration is stunning!) | Syracusefan.com

Sneakerhead Thread (the alliteration is stunning!)

JDubbin

The ONLY Syracuse Sneakers Avatar Guy
Not really sure where to put this, or even if it will have interest, but I’m sending out the Bat signal to gather all the Sneakerheads for a thread focused solely (see what I did there?) on the love of all things sneakers! For me it’s not just resale market/resellers, profits & margins… I love the stories, the design, the history, the materials & the culture in general. Hoping this will be a catch-all for others with similar interests!

I’m a personal collector with a little online selling on the side. I’m a firm believer that sneakers are meant to be worn, I try to wear everything in my collection. I’m also a believer in keeping my sneaker collection in a constant rotation… if I’m not wearing ‘em, if they’re not my style anymore, I try to resell & use the funds to seed for new pairs.

I typically have about 90-100 pairs in my personal collection, 5-7 pairs listed for sale. My passion for many years has been Dunk Highs, it now includes Dunk Lows, classic/retro Jordan’s (1-14, mostly 1’s though), Air Max 1’s & Adidas/Yeezy.

I’ve loved sneakers for years, my freshman & sophomore year at Syracuse I worked at the Dick’s in Shoppingtown Mall in the sneaker dept. My collection grew to 30-35 pairs, but after I got married I basically dumped them all & didn’t really do much… but, 3-4 years ago I got back into it, as I near 40 years old I’m as passionate as ever about sneakers!

Most recently, I had a pretty crazy Yeezy Day, including hitting on 350 Turtledoves, Ararat & Onyx Foam Runners & Azael 700’s… they haven’t arrived yet, but I’m pumped about that haul for sure.

Anyway, I’d love to hear some other stories/collections! I haven’t lived in Syracuse for 15 years, what’s the sneaker culture currently… any decent sneaker spots to shop? Hoping this will catch on & we’ll have some space to continue the conversation!

CuseCPT

All Conference
A few years ago, complex.com had an article called 20 Greatest Sneakers in Syracuse Basketball. The article is still up, unfortunately, the images are all now broken.

Air Force STS 1989 in Orange and White is my all-time #1.

UpstateSM

LeQuint Allen Flag-Planter
I had a solid 20ish pairs worth a damn before our fire and only some slightly fire-caused discolored Silk Road Kobes and Oreo 4s made it out worth saving. Started collecting in high school and was 23 last summer when they bit the dust.

Since then I've entered into any SNKRs raffle for retros or air maxes that I like even a little bit. The LeBron 9 "Lebronald Palmers" a couple weeks ago and the yellow lightning 4s last summer are my favorite hits since I've started rebuilding. I got my first couple pairs of 1s in the last month or so, too.

My favorite sneaker ever is KD VI Aunt Pearls. I figured that I would get another pair when I was in NYC or something at some point but I came home from studying a couple weeks ago and my gf had gotten me a pair as a graduation present. Pretty cool of her especially considering she isn't into shoes at all.

HOFCeluck

We don’t make those jokes here
Not to be a totes tedious or a problematic pedant or a Donnie Douchebag but that’s not Alliteration. But anyway I own a pair of Dunks and I love them so much I think I’ve worn them out twice in two years.

JDubbin

Not to be a totes tedious or a problematic pedant or a Donnie Douchebag but that’s not Alliteration. But anyway I own a pair of Dunks and I love them so much I think I’ve worn them out twice in two years.
Haha I’m fine with the grammar reprimand, it’s fair game & you’re right!

Which dunks, the Syracuse high or lows?

JDubbin

I had a solid 20ish pairs worth a damn before our fire and only some slightly fire-caused discolored Silk Road Kobes and Oreo 4s made it out worth saving. Started collecting in high school and was 23 last summer when they bit the dust.

Since then I've entered into any SNKRs raffle for retros or air maxes that I like even a little bit. The LeBron 9 "Lebronald Palmers" a couple weeks ago and the yellow lightning 4s last summer are my favorite hits since I've started rebuilding. I got my first couple pairs of 1s in the last month or so, too.

My favorite sneaker ever is KD VI Aunt Pearls. I figured that I would get another pair when I was in NYC or something at some point but I came home from studying a couple weeks ago and my gf had gotten me a pair as a graduation present. Pretty cool of her especially considering she isn't into shoes at all.
That’s a great gift, it’s always amazing to get your favorite pair in the collection… your girlfriend is clutch with it!

I’ve owned a few KD’s, the Aunt Pearl 10’s & both the “What The” & PB&J 4’s. I ended up selling them the past couple years, the PB&J’s most recently in the last month or two!

JDubbin

Highs
I have them too, love them… only wish I could get the lows at a decent price, it’s crazy to me they’re still hovering in the high $300 to low $400 range… used! The quality isn’t even that good, but they do look great

OrangeDW

Living Legend
My favorite sneaker is the Jordan 4 White Cement. I’ve been wearing my 2016 pair like crazy the last few years and they’re still going strong.

Haven’t bought anything in awhile - since the Cuse Dunks almost a year and a half ago now. I probably have around 15 pairs - not counting the sneakers I actually play hoops or run in.

Nike SNKRS app BS completely killed my interest in impulse buys. Things like the Griffeys being instant sellouts and overpriced in retail really ticked me off. So I basically shut it down on my end.

I’d like to see the Jordan 12 taxis brought back. Kinda mad I didn’t go for the He Got Game 13s a few years ago - resale is probably high.

I’m sick of Jordan 1’s, and I’m mad that young girls completely took over Air Force 1’s. Same way they did the adidas Superstars a few years ago.

I may try to get the Penny 1’s in Orlando colorway to break my long streak of not buying anything - but I’m sure I’ll strike out and that resale will be doubled immediately.

We had a sneaker thread a few years ago that I remember Pearl309 (don’t think he’s posted in a long time) and ssbriefcase were active in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emtdryan18

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom