Sneakerhead Thread (the alliteration is stunning!) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sneakerhead Thread (the alliteration is stunning!)

It's been an eventful sneaker week for sure. I was able to grab the A Ma Maniere x Jordan 4's... I LOVE the Jordan & A Ma Maniere collabs, I currently Have the all Jordan 1-4 pairs, probably my favorite lineup of sneakers.
IMG_5657.jpg

I'm also SALTY about how the Jordan 1 High OG Chicago Lost & Found release went down. I got NO early access from the big stores, the SNKRS release was hot garbage. I was finally able to enter the 10 minute draw with a minute left due to all sorts of errors from Nike. After waiting for an hour to get my results I didn't get them. I also entered 30+ raffles & didn't win any. It's certainly deflating to put in all that work to get no results, I just wanted ONE pair for the personal.

The Nike Air Ship - Team Orange's arrived today, I'm so excited to add them to the collection (to rock with Syracuse gear!). Lots of details, I really like the build of them. Beautiful.
AIrShip.jpg

Didn’t want you all to miss out on this offering.

Inspired by the recruiting media theme today (well done Syracuse!), I just wanted to share that I’m working on a Nike Dunk Syracuse collection, that when it’s said & done might be one the rarest in the country/one of a kind - I’ve recently picked up a couple more pairs but haven’t posted or shared about it yet. I’m well on the way, but still pursuing a couple more pairs to finish it out. Will post some photos when it happens! Super excited about it.

What is the likelihood they release Syracuse Dunk highs again?
I believe the last 2 releases of the highs were 2016 and 2021, so I’m sure they’ll release them again at some point.

I was surprised they released the lows twice in such a short amount of time (2020 and 2022 I think), but the 2020’s got a ton of hype, so I guess they were trying to capitalize again.

Not sure if they’ll do the same with the highs though - they didn’t get the same hype as the lows this last time around for whatever reason.

I should pay more attention to it. I would love to be another pair of Air Trainer SC IIs. My all-time favorite sneaker growing up. I know they have re-released them in the past.

I should pay more attention to it. I would love to be another pair of Air Trainer SC IIs. My all-time favorite sneaker growing up. I know they have re-released them in the past.
Nike’s been focused more on the Air Trainer 1 SP’s, there’s been some really interesting colorways this last year. Not sure if they’ll roll out a run of Air Trainer SC II’s or not… I did like the Saquan Barkley x Nike Air Trainer 3’s a lot, but I’m an Eagles fan & I can’t really ride with a Giants player like that, haha

Nike’s been focused more on the Air Trainer 1 SP’s, there’s been some really interesting colorways this last year. Not sure if they’ll roll out a run of Air Trainer SC II’s or not… I did like the Saquan Barkley x Nike Air Trainer 3’s a lot, but I’m an Eagles fan & I can’t really ride with a Giants player like that, haha
I almost bought the Auburn colorway of those first Bo Jackson’s.

Not much activity on the Sneakerhead thread these days... any new interesting pickups, what sneaker grails are you on the hunt for these days? Currently I'm still hovering around 120 pairs total, 15 or so currently for sale. One of my most recent pickups is an older pair of Nike SB Dunk Low Wolf Grey:
Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 11.07.21 AM.png

I picked them up on eBay at a great price, cleaned them up (interior sock lint), they had some toebox creasing in the ballistic mesh material so I ironed that out & they look great! One interesting point is the vast array of pricing on resale, some pairs online going for $1,000+, others for mid $200's. The mixture & quality of materials on these is awesome, the colorway is great (I'm a sucker for Grey Nike SB Dunk Lows)

One pair I'm going after heavy to "pair" with these is the Nike SB Dunk Low Summit White/Wolf Grey.
Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 11.06.51 AM.png

I'm salty, this weekend I missed on a GREAT opportunity on eBay for a pair of these at an excellent price... I was at a conference & I forgot the listing ended at like 11:00 AM, I was in a session at the time. These are a top 3 or 4 sneaker for me all time. Typically price is high $800's-$1,000's for a new pair, used pairs in the $500ish range. I could have had them at like $200 & missed them... sheeeesh! I'll keep searching!

I already have a pair of Nike SB Dunk Low Marty McFly in the collection:
Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 11.18.14 AM.png

So to add the Summit White Wolf Grey pair above with the other two I currently have would complete a pretty sweet SB Dunk Low "Grey" triumvirate!

I’m way out of it. Last pair I got was the high top Cuse Dunks in spring 2021.

SNKRS app really pissed me off too many times and I haven’t even bothered.

They’re going to have to bring back the “Master 12’s” or White Cement 4’s(my pair is getting beat) or something at this point, to get me back.

SNKRS app really pissed me off too many times and I haven’t even bothered.
I've heard from the top heads I know that said they quit it for now because they can't beat the bots. Put in the time and effort and just taking L's

I've heard from the top heads I know that said they quit it for now because they can't beat the bots. Put in the time and effort and just taking L's
Breaking point was whenever those Griffey’s came out.

Figured the only people who would care about those would be the small section of people that are 35+ and still care enough about sneakers to even know they were coming out.

When they sold out in seconds and were instantly costing double the retail price on the secondary market I knew something was seriously messed up. Not even worth the time if they won’t take what should be the target market’s money for some of these shoes.

Still lots of movement with my personal collection, both adding new & selling... I was able to hit on both the Black & White pairs of A Ma Maniere Jordan 12's... I'll keep one of the two & sell the other. Rumors of the A Ma Maniere Jordan 5's Holiday season... Gotta keep the A Ma Maniere collection going, I have all the iterations so far! I was a little bummed to miss on the Jordan 4 Crafts that dropped, definitely the next big one is the Jordan White Cement 3 Reimagined, definitely gonna make moves to add those one way or the other! Still no Jordan 1 Lost & Founds, just haven't found the right deal yet! The newest pair that just arrived is the Jordan 1 AJKO low Union (Sail/Leather) version, I'm loving 'em right now.
IMG_6634.jpg

Still lots of movement with my personal collection, both adding new & selling... I was able to hit on both the Black & White pairs of A Ma Maniere Jordan 12's... I'll keep one of the two & sell the other. Rumors of the A Ma Maniere Jordan 5's Holiday season... Gotta keep the A Ma Maniere collection going, I have all the iterations so far! I was a little bummed to miss on the Jordan 4 Crafts that dropped, definitely the next big one is the Jordan White Cement 3 Reimagined, definitely gonna make moves to add those one way or the other! Still no Jordan 1 Lost & Founds, just haven't found the right deal yet! The newest pair that just arrived is the Jordan 1 AJKO low Union (Sail/Leather) version, I'm loving 'em right now.
View attachment 225681
Give me the Jordan 12 Taxi’s and stop playing around!

Sometimes I get tempted to go on flight club and get the 13 He Got Game’s. Kinda mad I didn’t get them when they came out because they were readily available.

But as much as I love the 12s and 13s….they’re just not as “everyday rock able” as my favorites: the 4’s. IMO.

But even with that, I’m grabbing the Taxi 12s in a heartbeat if they ever come out again. Or at least trying, and then bitching on here when the bots snatch them all up and put them up for 400+.

Give me the Jordan 12 Taxi’s and stop playing around!

Sometimes I get tempted to go on flight club and get the 13 He Got Game’s. Kinda mad I didn’t get them when they came out because they were readily available.

But as much as I love the 12s and 13s….they’re just not as “everyday rock able” as my favorites: the 4’s. IMO.

But even with that, I’m grabbing the Taxi 12s in a heartbeat if they ever come out again. Or at least trying, and then bitching on here when the bots snatch them all up and put them up for 400+.
Cherry 12's coming out Holiday 2023, those are a definite add... it's been a long time since the last relese

Cherry 12's coming out Holiday 2023, those are a definite add... it's been a long time since the last relese
I just don’t really wear red like that. They’re nice, but not really for me.

A little bit of a lull in the sneaker world right now, next big drop is the Travis Scott x Jordan 1 Low Olives... basically impossible for any normal person to get. I purchased a pair of Jordan 3 Reimagined through StockX (I rarely use StockX & basically don't trust them) - the bid price I put in was accepted, then never shipped, then StockX said they had someone else to fill the order... basically I made the purchase 10 days ago without even having verification confirmation from StockX yet, much less shipped to me (too messy for my liking, the pair better be on point when it arrives)

One pair I did add recently is these JJJJound x Reebok Club C 85's. Super clean & simple White, Cream & Olive colorway with great quality materials. The other two pairs of this collaboration (same White/Cream base, one is Grey instead of Olive, the other is a Gum/Beige). I'm loving them, the other two pairs have also significantly increased in value... retail is $150, current resale on the other two colors is $500+... hoping this pair eventually increases in value as well
JJJJound.jpg

A little bit of a lull in the sneaker world right now, next big drop is the Travis Scott x Jordan 1 Low Olives... basically impossible for any normal person to get. I purchased a pair of Jordan 3 Reimagined through StockX (I rarely use StockX & basically don't trust them) - the bid price I put in was accepted, then never shipped, then StockX said they had someone else to fill the order... basically I made the purchase 10 days ago without even having verification confirmation from StockX yet, much less shipped to me (too messy for my liking, the pair better be on point when it arrives)

One pair I did add recently is these JJJJound x Reebok Club C 85's. Super clean & simple White, Cream & Olive colorway with great quality materials. The other two pairs of this collaboration (same White/Cream base, one is Grey instead of Olive, the other is a Gum/Beige). I'm loving them, the other two pairs have also significantly increased in value... retail is $150, current resale on the other two colors is $500+... hoping this pair eventually increases in value as well
View attachment 227058
Those are cool.

I see the Nike Flight Huarche’s are coming back out(or maybe they already did).

I’m still wearing my 2014 pair fairly regularly. Classic. I might grab a new pair if they’re readily available - hopefully all the wannabe dorks who weren’t even born in ‘92 don’t ruin that, the way they do every other 90s shoe.
th

I love Huaraches. I'll have to post a picture of the ones I made on Nike iD a few years ago.

In the meantime, here are my ACGs:

TcTVAGD.jpg

They're so 90s it hurts and I love it.

Those are cool.

I see the Nike Flight Huarche’s are coming back out(or maybe they already did).

I’m still wearing my 2014 pair fairly regularly. Classic. I might grab a new pair if they’re readily available - hopefully all the wannabe dorks who weren’t even born in ‘92 don’t ruin that, the way they do every other 90s shoe.
th
I’m not a huge Huarache guy, but I do have a pair of the Stussy collab pair, I love the earthtone colors on ‘em
A8A711D5-D858-424E-9BA8-3195B1D2DA4E.jpeg

What's new Sneakerheads, anything going on? Lots of buying & selling (trying to anyway, haha - it's a buyers market right now, if you're trying to grab a grail it's not a bad time). I ended up getting the Jordan 1 Spider-man "Next chapter" at retail & wore them to the movie (it was so good)... but not sure if I want to keep them long term in my collection, price has gone up & they're the only Jordan 1 "Chicago" colorway I own, I'm just not sure they're my style. Should I flip 'em? Maybe move them towards a Lost & Found purchase, but they've remained pretty steady at $400+. The other pair in general I'm trying to get is the Jordan 4 SB Pine Green's... but man, they're a hard get at a decent price, they're holding steady at $475+. I've un-DS'd two pairs of Jordan Air Ship's the last 2 days... the Every Game Diffused Blue & the Tech Greys, the Air Ship has become one of my favorite silhouettes recently (also have the Team Orange pair!).
ipad_air-jordan-1-high-og-next-chapter-0.jpegs-l1600.jpegnike-air-ship-sp-every-game-summit-white-diffused-blue-chambray-sail-dz3497-104-1.jpgJordan-Air-Ship-Tech-Grey-DZ3497-100-5.jpeg

I also added two Nike SB Dunk Low grails to the collection in the last month or two, so pretty content there - Nike SB Dunk Low Valentine's Day (2015) & the Nike SB Dunk Low Summit White/Wolf Grey (2018).
Nike-SB-Dunk-Low-Wolf-Grey854866-011-5.jpg b5lmvu0ycnxa0j6nli57.png

What's new Sneakerheads, anything going on? Lots of buying & selling (trying to anyway, haha - it's a buyers market right now, if you're trying to grab a grail it's not a bad time). I ended up getting the Jordan 1 Spider-man "Next chapter" at retail & wore them to the movie (it was so good)... but not sure if I want to keep them long term in my collection, price has gone up & they're the only Jordan 1 "Chicago" colorway I own, I'm just not sure they're my style. Should I flip 'em? Maybe move them towards a Lost & Found purchase, but they've remained pretty steady at $400+. The other pair in general I'm trying to get is the Jordan 4 SB Pine Green's... but man, they're a hard get at a decent price, they're holding steady at $475+. I've un-DS'd two pairs of Jordan Air Ship's the last 2 days... the Every Game Diffused Blue & the Tech Greys, the Air Ship has become one of my favorite silhouettes recently (also have the Team Orange pair!).
View attachment 228618View attachment 228619View attachment 228620View attachment 228621
Haven’t bought anything new since the Syracuse Dunks in like March 2021.

Still love sneakers, but the Nike app, bots, and resale BS ruined it for me.

Hopefully it changes before all of the sneakers I have now are shot. I have enough where I don’t need anything new. But I don’t want to be buying some BS in a few years when I actually need new sneakers.

It blows my mind how much money the modern sneaker industry brings in. Yesterday I was in Flight Club in NYC and a tour group of Brazilian teenagers came in and must have spent a few thousand dollars on shoes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom