So about Anae, Beck and the OL | Syracusefan.com

So about Anae, Beck and the OL

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
Anae has our O better that's obvious, but the more we play the more questions arise. Beck I assume is not our clock management guru since we looked like typical Dino math at end of the game. The OL isn't good and don't seem tremendously coached up in terms of discipline or operating as a unit. Lots of missed assignments and finally what is Mang doing on the last drive? Was he trying to run a pattern after he gave the Clemson guy free run at GS?

Anae has our O better that's obvious, but the more we play the more questions arise. Beck I assume is not our clock management guru since we looked like typical Dino math at end of the game. The OL isn't good and don't seem tremendously coached up in terms of discipline or operating as a unit. Lots of missed assignments and finally what is Mang doing on the last drive? Was he trying to run a pattern after he gave the Clemson guy free run at GS?

Our lack of a serviceable center and Elmore going down in game 1 is having a devastating effect on our offense.

Just keep in mind that Clemson has one of the best D lines in the whole country. We all want the game to the way we imagined. The reality is the opponents players are gonna make plays too. There is going to be missed assignments and missed plays.

Running the read option with Wes Hoeh really set me off. Of course they’re going to key in on Shrader, since there’s no shot we’re handing off to a converted lineman.
I wonder if that was just a Schrader brain fart. Faking a handoff to Hoen, who came to us as an offensive lineman I believe, on third and long? Made no sense. I would be surprised if that was the actual call.

That said, Mang and Hoen need to get their crap together or get off the field. What I would do for a all-conference level tight end? Anyone have any idea how Mahar from Aquinas is developing? Will he see the field next year?

Just keep in mind that Clemson has one of the best D lines in the whole country. We all want the game to the way we imagined. The reality is the opponents players are gonna make plays too. There is going to be missed assignments and missed plays.

Some people have no clue when you play against an opponent that’s on another level, things change. It’s almost as if some people never played a competitive sport.

Some people have no clue when you play against an opponent that’s on another level, things change. It’s almost as if some people never played a competitive sport.
Right. Its a good defense. Plus they have the longest home winning streak in Acc history. I'm mad we didnt make the winning plays when needed but Clemson had a lot to do with it.

Agreed and I know we had a good shot to win the game but Clemson was great on defense in the 2nd half, understanding the frustration with the lack of using tucker in the 2nd half but obviously there is something going on. 1 loss and the love affair with Anae and Beck is out the window for many here! Tough gig

Right. Its a good defense. Plus they have the longest home winning streak in Acc history. I'm mad we didnt make the winning plays when needed but Clemson had a lot to do with it.
Yeah, I don't have a problem with the offensive line's performance. I get frustrated by missed opportunities and stupid mistakes. The dropped pass for a first down that hits a guy in the chest. Vetterello bobbing his head... again.

Agreed and I know we had a good shot to win the game but Clemson was great on defense in the 2nd half, understanding the frustration with the lack of using tucker in the 2nd half but obviously there is something going on. 1 loss and the love affair with Anae and Beck is out the window for many here! Tough gig
When you only look at the game one way it doesnt allow you to see other things that teams do. Some dont see how certain plays can't be ran successfully against specific schemes and players.

Crazy. I’m just frustrated we had the turnover advantage, a defensive score and didn’t take advantage. That’s how you win there and stop a long home winning streak.

But people need to have perspective. With the injuries we’ve had, we’re 6-1 heading into ND with the one loss being a game we should have won at Clemson. I bet the over going into the season and thought 6 or 7 wins would have been an amazing season. Granted schedule shaping up better than expected but still. Have some perspective.

I wonder if that was just a Schrader brain fart. Faking a handoff to Hoen, who came to us as an offensive lineman I believe, on third and long? Made no sense. I would be surprised if that was the actual call.

That said, Mang and Hoen need to get their crap together or get off the field. What I would do for a all-conference level tight end? Anyone have any idea how Mahar from Aquinas is developing? Will he see the field next year?
If he’s not able to get on the field over Mang, I think that says a lot.

I don’t think people really understand how hard it is to play at Clemson, I mean I have no clue, but that’s a HUGE factor in mistakes.
#11 for Clemson is one of the best if not the best DL in the country he has and will make a ton of OLines look terrible.
Anae did some nice things as well. Go look at the Tucker wheel route catch for a TD. They saw Clemons OLB overcommitting to Tucker in the backfield on the one throw and then dial up that gem the next time. I don’t think we’ve had an OG for a few years that could make that change on the fly.

Crazy. I’m just frustrated we had the turnover advantage, a defensive score and didn’t take advantage. That’s how you win there and stop a long home winning streak.

But people need to have perspective. With the injuries we’ve had, we’re 6-1 heading into ND with the one loss being a game we should have won at Clemson. I bet the over going into the season and thought 6 or 7 wins would have been an amazing season. Granted schedule shaping up better than expected but still. Have some perspective.

agreed the turnovers and the D touchdown are exactly what Syracuse needed. At the end of the day our offense simply wasn’t good enough versus the Clemson D. We needed more production and more points obviously. Clemson was just better on defense. It‘s football It they kicked the crap out of our o in 2nd half And obviously Anae had no answer, which again happens! ( only a select few here on this forum could have dialed up the right play calls to win that game)

agreed the turnovers and the D touchdown are exactly what Syracuse needed. At the end of the day our offense simply wasn’t good enough versus the Clemson D. We needed more production and more points obviously. Clemson was just better on defense. It‘s football.
We needed a healthy Tucker, which may have been enough by itself, and one more reliable WR. I think a healthy Tucker makes them pay when they start spying Shrader or prevents them from spying in the first place.

We needed a healthy Tucker, which may have been enough by itself, and one more reliable WR. I think a healthy Tucker makes them pay when they start spying Shrader or prevents them from spying in the first place.
my biggest complaint, can we get a legit TE and a shifty slot guy. our receivers are Alford/ gadsen and 8 other guys that don’t even show up on the TV

Over reaction to playing the best DL we’ll see all year?

my biggest complaint, can we get a legit TE and a shifty slot guy. our receivers are Alford/ gadsen and 8 other guys that don’t even show up on the TV
Cooper seems to be that second guy and has been ok. We need someone else that's more than ok though. Who was the TE that transferred during preseason camp last year, Morris? Does he transfer if we have this staff in place? How much could he be helping us?

I did too. Did better than I thought. I was just pointing out that good opponents will cause you not to play as well as you like. Its not just us making mistakes.
Yep. Sometimes the opposition is just better.

If you’re asking yourself “that hasn’t happened all year, maybe we’re not good at blocking” it’s probably the thing that did change, the team you’re playing

Yep. Sometimes the opposition is just better.

If you’re asking yourself “that hasn’t happened all year, maybe we’re not good at blocking” it’s probably the thing that did change, the team you’re playing
100% it is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom