So, after this year Marrone's first full class will | Syracusefan.com

So, after this year Marrone's first full class will

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
be juniors, we will have some solid sophomores, and his first 1/2 class will be seniors.. Next year should be the year we have at least an average offense, if we are ever going to get there.. Next year... Can't wait. No more talent excuses from the GROB era.

In addition, I seem to remember that people thought the offense was going to carry the team this year, the O Line was clicking, Nassib back, full stable of wide receivers finally, etc etc

This is the definition of insanity people.. but again I am just asking for AVERAGE proudction for an offensive minded coach who is on his second OC in 3 years, who isnt really very good

What would you consider to be an "average" offense?

I think we're average now. I would hope next year we'd be slightly above average, although that all depends on Nassib.

Overall ranking to be around 55-60, not 90-100, I think that is fair, no? That to me is average or do yards, points, etc not matter?

As I said, average. That is all I ask from any decent coordinator or HC, dont care how we do it, who plays, who coaches, what scheme.. I want AVERAGE!!!! Imagine that,

I dont care about explosive, multiple, making plays, etc etc etc. AVERAGE. We are not average right now, not even close

You cant win consistently with such a horrid offense, that game was over in the first quarter and everyone knew it

I won't officially judge until we play a QB that Marrone recruited. The QB's he has recruited are much different than Nassib. Hunt, Miller, Kinder, and Broyld.

I think Hunt will get some playing time next year. I will judge Marrone's offense then. When he has a QB he specifically recruited for his system.

The fact that he still starts Nassib, even when he doesn't fit his system worries me though.

I won't officially judge until we play a QB that Marrone recruited. The QB's he has recruited are much different than Nassib. Hunt, Miller, Kinder, and Broyld.

I think Hunt will get some playing time next year. I will judge Marrone's offense then. When he has a QB he specifically recruited for his system.

The he should be playing him at least in a few packages, Kinder? If nassib is light years ahead of Marrone's qb's that is flat out ing scary. I hate to break the news to people but Nassib is far below average in league games, slice it anyway you want.

Why not run KInder in that express package? If the offense is multiple it certainly doesn't look it. Doug has retreated into a shell..

The he should be playing him at least in a few packages, Kinder? If nassib is light years ahead of Marrone's qb's that is flat out ******* scary. I hate to break the news to people but Nassib is far below average in league games, slice it anyway you want

I would agree with the statement that Nassib has played below average in conference games. There are some exceptions though. The West Virginia game being the latest.

It also worries me that Kinder doesn't get playing time. He was recruited for Marrone's system. Nassib wasn't. I can definitely see Nassib still giving us a better chance to win. Though not playing Kinder, or even Hunt in some packages this year is befuddling.

64th in Points For. That sounds pretty average to me. I know you along with others get caught up in yards etc but the point of the game is to score points. We score 27.4/gm, good for 64th in the country. Thats average.

Overall ranking to be around 55-60, not 90-100, I think that is fair, no?

We're close then. We are 64th in PPG.

Are there any qb's in the class being recruited now or is Broyld the only one?

Are there any qb's in the class being recruited now or is Broyld the only one?

None so far, although we're recruiting Milan Collins for next year.

http://syracuse.At their request, t...from this site./a.z?s=185&p=8&c=1&nid=5384015

be juniors, we will have some solid sophomores, and his first 1/2 class will be seniors.. Next year should be the year we have at least an average offense, if we are ever going to get there.. Next year... Can't wait. No more talent excuses from the GROB era.

In addition, I seem to remember that people thought the offense was going to carry the team this year, the O Line was clicking, Nassib back, full stable of wide receivers finally, etc etc

This is the definition of insanity people.. but again I am just asking for AVERAGE proudction for an offensive minded coach who is on his second OC in 3 years, who isnt really very good

The definition of insanity is posting on the same topic over, and over, and over agin. Buddy, you're turning into the igor of the football board. You're making brother basillion cry right now.

None so far, although we're recruiting Milan Collins for next year.

http://syracuse.At their request, t...from this site./a.z?s=185&p=8&c=1&nid=5384015

Nice size but from that picture I don't see 190 lbs. I do like seeing that Marrone is making inroads in Maryland.

The definition of insanity is posting on the same topic over, and over, and over agin. Buddy, you're turning into the igor of the football board. You're making brother basillion cry right now.

Basillion could still kick your ass.. dude was a rock, hardworker

Reactions: CIL
We're close then. We are 64th in PPG.

No we are 99th overall, lets not get cute here, we are not average and anybody who isnt trying to argue knows that we aren't AVERAGE on offense, lets be real here. yards, plays, points, etc etc, they all matter...

Usuing this logic, you could win with a safety every game 2-0, so offense doesn't matter, I get it

64th in Points For. That sounds pretty average to me. I know you along with others get caught up in yards etc but the point of the game is to score points. We score 27.4/gm, good for 64th in the country. Thats average.

We are 39th out of 67 BCS teams in PPG. The BCS median team scores 29.1 ppg. So we are only 1.7 away. Then again we have played three OT games which helps our PPG. I am not going to take away our 1.625 ppg from OT and do the same for every other team that has played an OT. But I would think that it would drop our ranking.

But the point is you cannot use just ppg. Do you think Rutgers has an average O or a terrible O? Because RU scores 28.4 ppg. A better indicator of O is total yards. There we are 55th out of 67 BCS teams. We get 336.25 ypg while the BCS median is 402.5 ypg. So we are 66.25 ypg away from the BCS median.

So when you combine both PPG and YPG we are a decent amount below BCS median. IMO that shouldn't be happening in year 3. And what will happen next year when we lose the few players we have on O? We are to expect things to get better?

No we are 99th overall, lets not get cute here, we are not average and anybody who isnt trying to argue knows that we aren't AVERAGE on offense, lets be real here. yards, plays, points, etc etc, they all matter...

Usuing this logic, you could win with a safety every game 2-0, so offense doesn't matter, I get it

We are 64th in PPG. You win or lose based upon who scores more points not based on YPG.

We are 64th in PPG. You win or lose based upon who scores more points not based on YPG.

I guess, if you think the offense is average that is your choice. we are 99th in total offense, far from average for TOTAL offense.

This is silly, both points AND yards matter. Obviously, points matter because that's what you need more of than the opponent to win. But yards matter because, over the course of a season, it's a better indicator as to the "health" of an offense. Also should be taking yards/play and points/play into account too, because that controls for a D that can't get the hell off the field on 3rd downs and gives our O less snaps.

If you put all the relevant metrics into the hopper this O is less than average in terms of it's BCS peer group.

YEAH!!! WE'RE 64TH IN POINTS SCORED! IT'S ABOUT TIME! THAT JUST MAKES ME...:D!

We are 39th out of 67 BCS teams in PPG. The BCS median team scores 29.1 ppg. So we are only 1.7 away. Then again we have played three OT games which helps our PPG. I am not going to take away our 1.625 ppg from OT and do the same for every other team that has played an OT. But I would think that it would drop our ranking.

But the point is you cannot use just ppg. Do you think Rutgers has an average O or a terrible O? Because RU scores 28.4 ppg. A better indicator of O is total yards. There we are 55th out of 67 BCS teams. We get 336.25 ypg while the BCS median is 402.5 ypg. So we are 66.25 ypg away from the BCS median.

So when you combine both PPG and YPG we are a decent amount below BCS median. IMO that shouldn't be happening in year 3. And what will happen next year when we lose the few players we have on O? We are to expect things to get better?

I don't think we have anything more than an average or slightly below average offense but I think PPG can be used, specially if you are looking at an SU or a rutgers. We don't get many points at all from defense or specials while a team like rutgers does. We do do pretty good on turnover margin which has to help some but rutgers does very well there. If you have a good turnover margin then the field isn't as long and YPG could be less.

I don't care if we get 100ypg if we are getting 30ppg.

You could also look at it and say the teams that we really have not scored on were RU/UL/USC. the 3 teams that have the most aggresive defenses . the rest of the teams we play are steps down, unless they totally change up what they do. we are scoring 34 against the rest of the schedule.

YEAH!!! WE'RE 64TH IN POINTS SCORED! IT'S ABOUT TIME! THAT JUST MAKES ME...:D!

I only mentioned it because IB set the average bar at 60th.

I guess, if you think the offense is average that is your choice. we are 99th in total offense, far from average for TOTAL offense.

All of a sudden this board seems to think Brian Pariani is our OC. This isn't a bad offense. Inconsistent? Absolutely. But we have scored 30+ in half of our games. The other half we've averaged in the mid teens. We've shown flashes (yes, I went there) of being a pretty decent offense.

How long of a field do we have on average? Do we score better than our ypg indicates? We do good in turnover margin so does that impact whether we have to go 60 yards vs 80? We do poorly in PR. That has a negative impact on short fields. But we are one of the best in the country at KOR so even there we have shorter fields. There is no way you can just use 1 data point.

How long of a field do we have on average? Do we score better than our ypg indicates? We do good in turnover margin so does that impact whether we have to go 60 yards vs 80? We do poorly in PR. That has a negative impact on short fields. But we are one of the best in the country at KOR so even there we have shorter fields. There is no way you can just use 1 data point.

Add in a below average time of possession too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom