So are there any answers at RB on the roster. | Syracusefan.com

So are there any answers at RB on the roster.

GoSU96

Living Legend
I think Jordan is a space player or after the OL has established some push with more of a power back.

If Pierre has been buried the last couple of years he isn't likely to be the answer, he would be the more natural starter, but he isn't, that tells you something.

Are Lutz or Tucker real options, what do they bring to the table? The only thing I know about them are that they are names on the roster.

How about Wax?

I just don't see Jordan lining up for the first snap of the game after week 2, I just don't think it's going to work with his skill set and stature.

I think Jordan is a space player or after the OL has established some push with more of a power back.

If Pierre has been buried the last couple of years he isn't likely to be the answer, he would be the more natural starter, but he isn't, that tells you something.

Are Lutz or Tucker real options, what do they bring to the table? The only thing I know about them are that they are names on the roster.

How about Wax?

I just don't see Jordan lining up for the first snap of the game after week 2, I just don't think it's going to work with his skill set and stature.

Wax has been moved to LB permanently barring a bunch of injuries. Lutz is a speed guy similar to Jordan. Deploying him and Jordan in a split back package could cause a lot of damage but I doubt we see it. Tucker is the third guy right now I believe but as a true frosh he isn't really ready with the calls and other aspects of seeing a lot of time. RB is in a rough spot right now.

Qadir White is the answer.

In jest, but a) he has been in the program for 3 years now, how can a 6'7", 340lb OL not be
able to contribute to a team that is looking for OL help, and b) ramming an RB up the middle
continually on any down has got to stop. Those plays are almost as wasted as every Devito roll
out to the right where he just chucks the ball out of bounds or runs out.

Kev

In jest, but a) he has been in the program for 3 years now, how can a 6'7", 340lb OL not be
able to contribute to a team that is looking for OL help, and b) ramming an RB up the middle
continually on any down has got to stop. Those plays are almost as wasted as every Devito roll

Kev
His size doesn't matter if he can't get off of the ball

His size doesn't matter if he can't get off of the ball

Yeah it seems like Q White still at this point in his career is not in good enough shape to play.

Kev
He is in a top secret bunker under Manley Field house where he is being fed a diet of a full steer and 20 lbs of quinoa every day and deadlifting for 8 hours a day. He will continue to do this until he is 500 lbs of muscle at 4 % body fat, at which point, he will be unveiled to the world as an unstoppable LG capable of pushing an entire D line as far as he wants. Then, we will be able to run the guard pulling sweep all day. We could even pick up a 4th and 1, if we wanted to.

Yeah it seems like Q White still at this point in his career is not in good enough shape to play.
I remember seeing White on the sidelines last year at a home game. He looked enormous, larger then his posted weight. He carries his weight also was very much in his stomach whereas our young lineman from Canada Bergeron carries his weight evenly throughout. He does not look in ”game shape”. Hopefully he gets on the right path or finds the right motivation even if he doesn’t play. The diets of oline players in college and the NFL are not conducive to any healthy habits whatsoever.

Tucker appears to be the prototype. But can he block is probably the real answer.

There's no worry about redshirting, so why not give him a little run.

Agree that Jordan is change of pace, and Pierre was probably buried for a reason.

How about Wax?

To me Tucker was the steal of the last class. 6’0 205 extremely fast. The only thing that maybe keeping off the field is that the rb calls out the adjustments which I cannot stand about the offense.

Tucker appears to be the prototype. But can he block is probably the real answer.

There's no worry about redshirting, so why not give him a little run.

Agree that Jordan is change of pace, and Pierre was probably buried for a reason.
Probably as good as Pierre. I saw one play where he let the defender go right by him.

I remember seeing White on the sidelines last year at a home game. He looked enormous, larger then his posted weight. He carries his weight also was very much in his stomach whereas our young lineman from Canada Bergeron carries his weight evenly throughout. He does not look in ”game shape”. Hopefully he gets on the right path or finds the right motivation even if he doesn’t play. The diets of oline players in college and the NFL are not conducive to any healthy habits whatsoever.

The discussion of white caused me to wonder what Tyrone Sampson is doing these days:
Tyrone Sampson Jr. - Football - Fresno State Athletics

They were supposed to be the two 4 star anchors of our line by now.

The discussion of white caused me to wonder what Tyrone Sampson is doing these days:
Tyrone Sampson Jr. - Football - Fresno State Athletics

They were supposed to be the two 4 star anchors of our line by now.
Thanks for bringing Sampson up, he is never mentioned here and arrived with great expectations. White on the other hand regularly receives abuse on this board.

Wax has been moved to LB permanently barring a bunch of injuries. Lutz is a speed guy similar to Jordan. Deploying him and Jordan in a split back package could cause a lot of damage but I doubt we see it. Tucker is the third guy right now I believe but as a true frosh he isn't really ready with the calls and other aspects of seeing a lot of time. RB is in a rough spot right now.

Wax made a few nice plays at LB late in the UNC game so I don’t think he’s a realistic option at RB.

Are there any answers at RB on any team anywhere considering the lack of push our line gets? Barry Sanders isn't walking through that door.

I doubt White's weight issues have anything to do with any typical diet of an olineman. Guys that need to gain weight need to eat extra calories. Guys that need to lose weight need to eat less. I'm sure someone on staff has told him how he needs to eat to get to a weight and gain the mobility that will give him the chance to play.

I'm guessing this ship has sailed but it's too bad that Wax isn't getting play as an RB.
The only current RB who is bigger than Wax (6-0 and 230 lbs) is Devin Flowers (6-0/245).
The RB unit could use more thump.

Hopefully Josh Hough adapts quickly next season.

I still believe in Jordan.

But let's do something other than run him right into the middle of like 3,000 lbs of humanity.
Yea please. They could run sweeps or off tackle plays or anything else. It’s killing me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom