So Does Dion Fall Out of the 1st RD? | Syracusefan.com

So Does Dion Fall Out of the 1st RD?

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
With the latest adds...wheta's everyone's opine?

If he is projected late 1st/early 2nd he might reconsider (assuming he hasn't taken money)

If he is projected late 1st/early 2nd he might reconsider (assuming he hasn't taken money)
I think he has signed with an agent, so he can't come back - not sure on this...My guess is that he goes 1st round as teams tend to draft on potential - Especially that late.

Maybe this means he'll go to a very good team, heck even #30 to Miami and learn from Wade

I think he's still middle of the first round. Lots of bigs, some tams need guards, and he is one of the best.

As Chad Ford has repeatedly said, if he has a good interview, he could jump up into the late lottery, and is a 1st round lock either way.

hes a first rd lock..i think he will test off the charts with the bench press and vertical. as long as hes alright in the interview and shows a decent jumpshot he will be in the 15-25 range

projections are based off of who the best players are not who has declared

Strange that Davis hasn't declared yet... maybe he's not ready to take a pay cut

Davis already said he isn't announcing until April 29, didn't he?

Davis already said he isn't announcing until April 29, didn't he?
I think so, I wonder what that means for Noel, but I bet Cal told him that Davis is 100% gone

Strange that Davis hasn't declared yet... maybe he's not ready to take a pay cut
It has been such a foregone conclusion, I wouldn't be surprised if he forgot and said "Oh, I actually had to do that?"

who has announced that wasnt expected and has jumped him?

he moved up a spot with zeller returning.

And also, today is the deadline for underclassmen to declare for the draft. So, we should hear many more names today.

Dion will kill it in the workouts boosting his stock. As others mentioned unless he doesn't interview well, then I cannot see how he doesn't go in the top 20.

And also, today is the deadline for underclassmen to declare for the draft. So, we should hear many more names today.

but not really, right?

the nba doesnt require until 4/29 and that is when davis is announcing.

but not really, right?

the nba doesnt require until 4/29 and that is when davis is announcing.
It really is weird.

"Under the current system, a player could tell his school by April 10 that he is returning. He then could change his mind on April 28 and turn pro. The NCAA rule deals only with college eligibility, it has nothing to do with the NBA’s deadline. The one sure thing: If a player is positive he wants to play college ball next season, he has to make his decision by April 10."

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basket...uenin_underclass_hoops_tracker_stay_go_040512

It really is weird.

"Under the current system, a player could tell his school by April 10 that he is returning. He then could change his mind on April 28 and turn pro. The NCAA rule deals only with college eligibility, it has nothing to do with the NBA’s deadline. The one sure thing: If a player is positive he wants to play college ball next season, he has to make his decision by April 10."

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basket...uenin_underclass_hoops_tracker_stay_go_040512

That's pretty stupid. The deadline is the 28th. What is the 10th? Does that mean every kid on scholie has to tell the school they are returning? Does that mean Southerland has to let SU know by the 10th he isn't going pro, otherwise he loses his scholie and is off the roster? Makes no sense when they can all just say yes and then change their mind at any time until the 28th.

Dion's going to excel in workouts and interviews I think.