So, Elijah Robinson? | Syracusefan.com

So, Elijah Robinson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t great, but first game. Let’s not overreact.

That's adorable.

sarcastic willy wonka GIF

No real improvement on defense over the last regime. Soft tackling. Stupid penalties.
Appeared to be no discipline on the edges. They looked afraid to tackle the running back.
Gives HCFB lots to yell about.
I wouldn’t judge him through one game. The Ohio RB was a P4 back. But still lots of work to do.

No real improvement on defense over the last regime. Soft tackling. Stupid penalties.
Appeared to be no discipline on the edges. They looked afraid to tackle the running back.
Id say the first half the penalties were soft and Barron really was only guilty party

Fourth quarter they got out of hand

And Barron got worse. Just a bad game all around for him

MacDonald got abused in Q1

Duce struggled for a stretch

Diggs took a while to get going but did

I’m really trying to take a rational approach after just 1 game but man I saw a lot that I really didn’t like on defense. Couple that with losing Marlowe for an extended period and I really don’t think there’s much good to take away from the defense’s performance.

They better learn how to stop the run. Otherwise McCord is gonna be watching from the sideline a lot this year

I’m really trying to take a rational approach after just 1 game but man I saw a lot that I really didn’t like on defense. Couple that with losing Marlowe for an extended period and I really don’t think there’s much good to take away from the defense’s performance.

They better learn how to stop the run. Otherwise McCord is gonna be watching from the sideline a lot this year
Here are some positives:

Barnes and Watson look like they belong out there.

Barron played like a moron, he can only go up from here.

Lots of tackles for loss.

We did tighten things up in the red zone.

Diggs took himself out of a bunch of plays, but is a legitimate terror on the outside.

Perry made his presence felt.

Unlikely future opponents will be able to hold to the degree we saw today without drawing a single flag.

Offense wins in college football anyway, and McCord/Gadsden/Pena/Allen is a really difficult group to defend.

Did I see us play a 3-3-5 alot of the time? Seemed odd to continue that from the last staff

No real improvement? It was horrid. Rocky Long and Tony White were legit coordinators. Has to improve immensely to win 7 games

Don’t worry about today. Let’s see how we look vs a team we almost beat with no QB on the road and then the preseason last place team on National TV. Both at home.

I can credit Ohio with having some players and having a good game on offense. Was never close in the second half.

I think the Wax injury will be an accelerant for reviewing the overall snaps our D guys gets and who may push to take out a current starter.

I don’t think Fran or ERob will have an issue with making sure guys that make plays, play. Guys that dude knucklehead stuff, don’t.

It’s one game tho, I got faith in ERob. We’ll get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom