So Has ACC and Notre Dame Exceeded the Associative Relationship Most Originally Thought | Syracusefan.com

So Has ACC and Notre Dame Exceeded the Associative Relationship Most Originally Thought

arbitragegls

All Conference
...here is an article from the Chicago Tribune that provides a very good view of what is the relationship between the ACC and Notre Dame...how much better this relationship is than that with the former BE. In fact it is important to note from what has taken place with the ACC-Notre Dame so far (my points not the articles which is more on personality of the association)

1. Notre Dame voted for the exit fee and signed the GOR for the ACC
2. Notre Dame contractually signed on for at least 5 football games a year against the ACC
--it never signed anything for the BE insofar as football games
3. Notre Dame has directly attributed $1,500,000 to the ACCper team for TV contract through coming on board and signing the GOR
4 Notre Dame has helped in bringing stability to the ACC
5. The ACC has provided Notre Dame with the "home" that fits its athletic and academic programs the best while providing a sense of independence for its football team...even with 5 games a year "in conference" to ACC

This article is a very good assessment of how Swofford, Swarbrick, and AD's in the ACC feel about this mutually beneficial association (as indicated by source). I certainly hope this puts aside any negative thoughts concerning Notre Dame--ACC. As indicated in posts going back to pre-association of the two...the ACC pulled off a conference winning strategy with the help of Notre Dame that never, ever, wanted to be part of the B1G or Big 12.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-spt-0516-acc-20130516,0,2544250.story

Good find. I like having ND affiliated with the ACC and I like their five game commitment. I would like them as full football members, but this commitment is a step in that direction and more importantly, a clear step away from the B1G and Big 12. I think the B1G's all or nothing approach eliminated their chances at ND.

I'm glad the AD's are saying the right things, but more importantly, I am convinced that they really do believe this is right for the ACC and ND. Working together gets big things done.

Thanks, Arb!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom