So help me out with injuries and opt outs... | Syracusefan.com

So help me out with injuries and opt outs...

A Clockwork Orange

2022 Cali Winner (Overall Record)
I know scuttlebutt is that Adams and Howard opted out of the offensive backfield. Are there any other that we have any degree of certainty?

Injuries - I've seen on threads people referring to SU being down O-linemen. Is this a Bleich issue, or are there others hurt or opting out that I've simply missed on the forum?

What about others? I know the Howard and Adams info comes from Dino giving a shifty/shady answer on them. Is there anyone else that we think are opting out?

I know scuttlebutt is that Adams and Howard opted out of the offensive backfield. Are there any other that we have any degree of certainty?

Injuries - I've seen on threads people referring to SU being down O-linemen. Is this a Bleich issue, or are there others hurt or opting out that I've simply missed on the forum?

What about others? I know the Howard and Adams info comes from Dino giving a shifty/shady answer on them. Is there anyone else that we think are opting out?

Surprised not more had been made of Adans and Howard opting out. It’s the only the difference between a 6-5 season and 4-7.

Surprised not more had been made of Adans and Howard opting out. It’s the only the difference between a 6-5 season and 4-7.
I havent seen it officially announced, I pray there still just weighing it and will make a decision soon. Although howards last post on twitter is not promising. IF the protocols are working, this year could possibly be the best as far as exposure is concerned. Either way we’ve had some pretty good rb hauls.

I didn’t see six wins with them. This will be a grind of a year.

I havent seen it officially announced, I pray there still just weighing it and will make a decision soon. Although howards last post on twitter is not promising. IF the protocols are working, this year could possibly be the best as far as exposure is concerned. Either way we’ve had some pretty good rb hauls.

Are you saying next year may be worse? If this is still around next fall to this extent, we’re in a world of trouble.

I thought maybe Duke and Wake at home were possible wins. We beat them last year with an equally mediocre team and a pathetic offensive line.

A year ago we were ranked and people expected 10 wins.

Remember gushing over the dominance of the D vs Liberty and it being nbd the offense didn’t light it up?

Well this year we will be good again. I don’t think many of the other QBs are better than Tommy after Sunshine.

Are you saying next year may be worse? If this is still around next fall to this extent, we’re in a world of trouble.
Na just with only 3 conferences instead of 5, if they both are lighting it up there will most certainly be alot more buzz surrounding them

Jawhar Jordan is the most explosive RB we have.
Those two opting out gives this kid the chance to get more carries.
He has the best speed on the team. In college football more than pro football speed matters.
Adams and Howard are good depth but let’s not overreact if they opt out.

Our season isn’t going to be worse because those RBs opted out. I like the fact Jordan will get more PT.
Now we may have a depth issue but that isn’t going to lose us games unless Jordan gets hurt.

...and then JB will have those 20 wins taken away by the NCAA, in exchange for Chris Bleich's waiver being passed 5 minutes before the first game.
Beggars can’t be choosers, we do what we must

He has the best speed on the team. In college football more than pro football speed matters.

Our season isn’t going to be worse because those RBs opted out. I like the fact Jordan will get more PT.
Now we may have a depth issue but that isn’t going to lose us games unless Jordan gets hurt.
I believe the coaches are not worried about depth at rb. If they were you would have expected them to move wax back to rb from lb.

Yea but you have to admit howard has game changing ability. His vision is elite, he might not be able to outrun everyone to the endzone but the kid know the hole to hit and can easily crank out 20 30 40 yd runs.

wait we have opt-outs? How has this not been reported except here? i completely missed the news that it happened.

Yea but you have to admit howard has game changing ability. His vision is elite, he might not be able to outrun everyone to the endzone but the kid know the hole to hit and can easily crank out 20 30 40 yd runs.
Losing Adams and Howard would hurt depth.
I like both of them. I just don’t think losing them kills the season like other players would. RB is the easiest position to replace. Especially with 85 scholarship players. Of course there are stud RBs but the NFL tells us all we need to know about the position.

I hope that one change Gilbert makes is to put the play calling back at the QB. Having the RBs responsible for calls/adjustments didn't make sense.

I hope that one change Gilbert makes is to put the play calling back at the QB. Having the RBs responsible for calls/adjustments didn't make sense.
It was so the qb has more time to read the defense and make his own adjustments

I thought maybe Duke and Wake at home were possible wins. We beat them last year with an equally mediocre team and a pathetic offensive line.

Tech
Liberty
Duke
Wake

The rest are tough to put Ws next to.

Losing the two RBs with the most experience might have forced his hand here...
Gilbert needs to find a way for Jordan to get the ball 25-30 times a game. His speed and ability to cut make him a threat to hit pay dirt every time he touches the ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom