So how will this work for basketball? | Syracusefan.com

So how will this work for basketball?

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
Okay, friends, I can’t go on the football board right now because I’m afraid. But I did go to that game, and may have caught Covid at that game, so don’t call me no chicken!

Is it known yet how they plan to handle the immunization proof at the bball games? Will there be separate lines for wristbands and then entry? That worked reasonably well today, but let’s imagine we have a game Monday night at 7 in January and it’s snowing and people are coming in from work. I liked seeing the wristbands today because it made me feel more secure. But that step might need to be eliminated if you are going to get butts in the seats in a timely fashion.

I wonder how the rest of the country is going to handle college basketball games? The schools obviously don’t give a flip about football because the games are “outside.” But basketball is a horse of a different color. Does anyone know?

If you have a vaccination card/excelsior pass and photo ID, you can go directly into the dome and the ticket taker checks you. We found this out while we were waiting in line for the wristbands. We were told, and was correct , that we didn’t need the wrist bands if we could display those two things to the ticket taker. Process was very simple. Now, I personally thought the checking of the passes/cards was suspect at best. I displayed my Id and excelsior pass, expecting the pass to be scanned and verified. The person took a quick peek and said go ahead.

If you have a vaccination card/excelsior pass and photo ID, you can go directly into the dome and the ticket taker checks you. We found this out while we were waiting in line for the wristbands. We were told, and was correct , that we didn’t need the wrist bands if we could display those two things to the ticket taker. Process was very simple. Now, I personally thought the checking of the passes/cards was suspect at best. I displayed my Id and excelsior pass, expecting the pass to be scanned and verified. The person took a quick peek and said go ahead.
Maybe that was why some people in the Dome didn’t have wristbands. I hoped it was because they had negative Covid tests, but now I see they also could have just presented pass and ID at the door. Along with ticket on phone. And being scanned for weapons. Nothing is carefree anymore. :(

But thanks for the info!

In the football game, I was high above the crowd, and it gave me the illusion of security. At the bball games, I am in Row B on the third tier. I am definitely downwind. Oh, Beadle, stop obsessing!

You know, SU is probably in better shape than every other college basketball stadium. We are in a huge dome that recirculates its air four times an hour. I just talked to a friend who goes to games in Cameron and he is miserable about it. Lives for those games, like I do. He says a UNC model has the Delta variant peaking in October.

Honestly they don;t know what they will be doing for the Liberty football game in 12 days let alone basketball. The hope is that the numbers start to trend in a positive direction. With the relatively high vaccination rate in Onondaga County the County Executive has been in much more of a recommend than mandate mode. If things stay as is, I would expect indoor screening at Manley at the very least. I don't think it would be feasible for everyone to get screened at the gates.

You know, SU is probably in better shape than every other college basketball stadium. We are in a huge dome that recirculates its air four times an hour. I just talked to a friend who goes to games in Cameron and he is miserable about it. Lives for those games, like I do. He says a UNC model has the Delta variant peaking in October.
You couldn't pay me to sit butt to butt in that high schoold gym. I don't care what type of safety measures they'll go with.
The Dean Dome should be better.

Okay, friends, I can’t go on the football board right now because I’m afraid. But I did go to that game, and may have caught Covid at that game, so don’t call me no chicken!

Is it known yet how they plan to handle the immunization proof at the bball games? Will there be separate lines for wristbands and then entry? That worked reasonably well today, but let’s imagine we have a game Monday night at 7 in January and it’s snowing and people are coming in from work. I liked seeing the wristbands today because it made me feel more secure. But that step might need to be eliminated if you are going to get butts in the seats in a timely fashion.

I wonder how the rest of the country is going to handle college basketball games? The schools obviously don’t give a flip about football because the games are “outside.” But basketball is a horse of a different color. Does anyone know?
I think the way schools handle basketball will vary quite a bit by state. Where I live, it's not just that football is played outside, it's that covid is not seen as a problem outside of hospitals. I believe the south will be business as usual with a weak request to wear masks.

Why do you care? A third of America doesn’t.
Well, I, for one, don’t want to die. And I don’t want to get long Covid. And I DO want to go to the bball games because, as my moniker suggests, I really love SU bball. And since I’m getting up there in age I don’t take any season for granted. Other than that, meh.

Well, I, for one, don’t want to die. And I don’t want to get long Covid. And I DO want to go to the bball games because, as my moniker suggests, I really love SU bball. And since I’m getting up there in age I don’t take any season for granted. Other than that, meh.
meant as sarcasm. i care for you as well as others. keep the faith bball.

I hope Coach K catches it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom