So I just finished reading Color Him Orange | Syracusefan.com

So I just finished reading Color Him Orange

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Really interesting book about Jim Boeheim. Reads pretty well.

The big takeaway from it is that Jim Boeheim is Syracuse basketball. He's incomparable. Some coaches may have more championships, and one has more total wins, but nobody has been as successful for one school, or had such complete involvement in a program, as Jim Boeheim. It's an incredible and unique story. He deserves every accolade that comes his way.

Someone gave me that book last year for my birthday. It's written by Scott Pitoniak who is a great writer and really knows Syracuse basketball. This, however, was an unauthorized biography. Still a great read. Unfortunately it ends right before the Bernie Fine troubles began. This year a writer who name escapes me is following JAB around for an authorized bio. That should be very good as well.

Someone gave me that book last year for my birthday. It's written by Scott Pitoniak who is a great writer and really knows Syracuse basketball. This, however, was an unauthorized biography. Still a great read. Unfortunately it ends right before the Bernie Fine troubles began. This year a writer who names escapes me is following JAB around for an authorized bio. That should be very good as well.

Jack McCallum. It's going to be a must-read.

Someone gave me that book last year for my birthday. It's written by Scott Pitoniak who is a great writer and really knows Syracuse basketball. This, however, was an unauthorized biography. Still a great read. Unfortunately it ends right before the Bernie Fine troubles began. This year a writer who names escapes me is following JAB around for an authorized bio. That should be very good as well.

Jack McCallum, formerly of SI, is doing the biography this year.

MSOrange said:
Jack McCallum, formerly of SI, is doing the biography this year.
I don't believe it's a biography -- "James Arthur Boeheim was born in Lyons, NY ..." -- as much as a look at Boeheim and Syracuse transitioning to the ACC. Think there might be a few pages on February 22, 2014? If memory serves it was McCallum who first reported that Boeheim apologized to the team after the game.

I don't believe it's a biography -- "James Arthur Boeheim was born in Lyons, NY ..." -- as much as a look at Boeheim and Syracuse transitioning to the ACC. Think there might be a few pages on February 22, 2014? If memory serves it was McCallum who first reported that Boeheim apologized to the team after the game.
McCallum picked the Duke/Maryland extended weekend to travel with the team, so he had a front row seat (literally) for the excitement at Duke. From my observations that weekend, he seemed to have total access to everyone associated with the team and sort of just blended in with it.

McCallum picked the Duke/Maryland extended weekend to travel with the team, so he had a front row seat (literally) for the excitement at Duke. From my observations that weekend, he seemed to have total access to everyone associated with the team and sort of just blended in with it.

Does a "tough as nails" MBA make it into this book also?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Todd Gack said:

You are correct. McCallum is the one that reported JB apologized to the team.

I read it when it first came out--gives a lot of insight into what makes him tick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom