So, I'm going to an MSU game | Syracusefan.com

So, I'm going to an MSU game

Dick_in_MI

Emeritus Legend
So, I’m going to an MSU game on Saturday. I have lived a stone’s throw from the Michigan State campus for 31 years but have never been to a football game there. I am aware of how they are doing but do not take any active interest in them, bleeding Orange as I do. The temps will be cold, with snow possible, and all-in-all very Archbold-like (albeit with real seats). However, some close friends invited me, and as the game starts 8 hours before the real game in the JMA Wireless Carrier Cougar Mellancamp Dome, I agreed.

When I asked who the Spartans were playing, I was told Rutgers.

Hey now!!!! I suddenly have a team to root against!!! Hand me a beer!

As I told my friends, “Every time Rutgers loses, an angel gets its wings!”

So, I’m going to an MSU game on Saturday. I have lived a stone’s throw from the Michigan State campus for 31 years but have never been to a football game there. I am aware of how they are doing but do not take any active interest in them, bleeding Orange as I do. The temps will be cold, with snow possible, and all-in-all very Archbold-like (albeit with real seats). However, some close friends invited me, and as the game starts 8 hours before the real game in the JMA Wireless Carrier Cougar Mellancamp Dome, I agreed.

I got offered tickets as well. I just couldn’t do it. I went when I first moved here a couple years ago. Enjoy

I went to UTSA-UAB in the rain last week. I might go to Cincinnati at Temple next week because it's close. Football as a neutral rules.

Enjoy yourself!

Well you are a former Spartan so….

Well you are a former Spartan so….
Very true! Albeit an ESM Spartan with sensible colors. Weird thing; my high school, undergrad, and grad school colors were all Orange and Blue. I should get a tattoo or something except the only thing sadder looking than a man of my age with a tattoo is a woman of my age with a tattoo.

Very true! Albeit an ESM Spartan with sensible colors. Weird thing; my high school, undergrad, and grad school colors were all Orange and Blue. I should get a tattoo or something except the only thing sadder looking than a man of my age with a tattoo is a woman of my age with a tattoo.
I was at Pine Grove Middle school yesterday. Very nice school

I was at Pine Grove Middle school yesterday. Very nice school
I went to Courtview Junior High in those days, which was...I kid you not...a converted bus garage. Located next to Courtview Elementary (which may or may not still exist), it was surprisingly OK inside. It was so "noteworthy", that it doesn't even appear when you try and Google it now.