So is Ewing that bad? | Syracusefan.com

So is Ewing that bad?

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
That team has some talent, good size and...stink. Jesse is a dumb foul waiting to happen, throw it inside. We struggle against physical in your face D, muck the game up. He was strategically uninvolved.

They looked prepared in the early stages.

I don’t know. Maybe they’re just a shooter and/or playmaker away? My first time seeing them, and I spend more time watching what We do. I didn’t see glaring weaknesses, just not a way for them to get consistent or balanced scoring. But, they’re still pretty close to where we are. If we played in their building, maybe the game goes the other way. I don’t see a vast chasm between us and them.

They looked prepared in the early stages.

I don’t know. Maybe they’re just a shooter and/or playmaker away? My first time seeing them, and I spend more time watching what We do. I didn’t see glaring weaknesses, just not a way for them to get consistent or balanced scoring. But, they’re still pretty close to where we are. If we played in their building, maybe the game goes the other way. I don’t see a vast chasm between us and them.

Yeah, they play hard and physical, but they could use a guy who can make a three, and another guy who can set up their big men better. They don't look like a terrible team to me. Didn't these guys beat us last year with many of the same players?

Yes he isn't a good coach. It will be crazy when they are forced to fire him.

Since Ewing has been the head coach, every year we’ve won against Georgetown we’ve made the tournament. And every year we’ve lost to Georgetown we’ve missed the tournament.

Just saying.

GTown, and Ewing!
As a New Yorker i give him props for his time w/ my Knickerbockers, but Georgetown Ewing can go kick rocks.
Far as im concerned, GTown hoops can wallow in the mire forever. ‘em, ‘em all!

Yeah, they play hard and physical, but they could use a guy who can make a three, and another guy who can set up their big men better. They don't look like a terrible team to me. Didn't these guys beat us last year with many of the same players?

It's weird too.. they actually came all the way back vs Texas Tech to take the lead but couldn't finish.

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

I bet Ewing is fired this year and could see someone like Jared Grasso coming in and making an immediate impact there

When Syracuse-Georgetown played back in the good old days there were always 5-6 future NBA players on the court. Not now. Yesterday maybe just Jesse. Maybe.

A good coach is a good coach because of his mental acumen.

Patrick Ewing is not/was not a successful basketball player because of his mental powers. He is simply big af.

Can't teach 7'1", as they say...and, being 7'1" doesnt mean you can teach basketball, either.

I bet Ewing is fired this year and could see someone like Jared Grasso coming in and making an immediate impact there

Doesn't he have some internal scandal going on, too?

No.

They basically turned over the whole roster. All 5 starters are from last Spring's portal:

Murray (LSU)
Heath (ASU--and BC)
Wahab (UMd)
Spears (Duquesne)
Akok (UConn)

No.

They basically turned over the whole roster. All 5 starters are from last Spring's portal:

Murray (LSU)
Heath (ASU--and BC)
Wahab (UMd)
Spears (Duquesne)
Akok (UConn)

I remember Akok being at UConn, but I thought Wahab was there last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom