So...Is tonight the night? | Syracusefan.com

So...Is tonight the night?

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Can you say TRAP GAME????

- There is no way that Syracuse can come up with anything like the effort they showed on Saturday two days later. In fact, it will be hard even to come up with a typical effort for them this season. They have to be physically and emotionally drained.

- If Tyler Ennis is sick, I’ll bet he doesn’t get fully over it in two days.

- This is especially true of the players who have not been consistent contributors. Tyler Ennis and CJ Fair might be there for us game after game. Jerami Grant is coming on but doesn’t have quite the same level of consistency. Will Rak pull a stinker? Will Cooney go 2 for 12? Will Baye show up? We’d like to think that now that the team has seen what they are capable of when they all play well that they will now be motivated to play every game like that. I thought the same thing after the football team beat West Virginia in 2011.

- OK, maybe they don’t need such an effort to beat Notre Dame. But the first step toward an upset is to underestimate your opponent. They also beat Duke by 2 at home earlier this year. It’s also a trap to assume that they will be weak because they are missing somebody. Next man up!

- Notre Dame loves beating Syracuse. They broke our 20-0 string two years ago and have beaten strong SU teams both there and here before. They always seem to have some outside shooter go off on us.

- So you want to be #1, the King of the Hill? Everyone chasing you like the lead car in a NASCAR race?

The OP is a &^%$^&##$! He’s not a real SU fan! How can he say such things? He should be banned from the board so I wouldn’t have to waste my time reading his drivel!

Doesn’t he realize?

- The Irish are an unranked 12-10, (3-6) team playing a 21-0 (8-0) team on the road. How are they going to win?

- Jerian Grant was averaging 19 points and 6 assists- All-American stuff- when his season ended 10 games ago. The Irish were 8-4 at that point and have gone 4-6 since. Sure, one of those games was the win over Duke but that was “old” Duke that was over-rated. It wasn’t the same Duke we played at the Dome. And the Irish beat Duke in their place, not ours.

- The undefeated record and #1 ranking work in our favor. Now every game matters. We’ve got something to defend, not something to imagine or wish for.

- We have the best starting line-up in America. Rakeem Christmas and Jerami Grant are coming into their own to give us the inside game we’ve been missing since AO and Rick were here. CJ Fair finally rose to the level of the All-American he was projected to be. Tyler Ennis makes sure we take care of business and with all those guys to guard, expect a big-time come back from Trevor Cooney.

- Who’s going to beat that? Not this team. Not tonight!

So take that you &^%&%#&*^@!!!

I am looking forward to reading the OP on a Monday afternoon in April.

Also to add to it,

Will we see our perimeter defense recover to its previous efficiency proving that Ennis's ankle is 100%?

Will our lightly used subs Silent G and The Beast build on their positive Duke performance? They will certainly have a chance if the starters are as emotionally and physically spent as we all anticipate they will be.

Last edited:
Not tonight nope.
Try again in a couple of weeks
War damn Otto

Attachments

• 20140201_180836-1.jpg
    20140201_180836-1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members