So...Is tonight the night? | Syracusefan.com

So...Is tonight the night?

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Everybody assumes the first loss will come Saturday at Duke. Which means it will come some other time against somebody else. Maybe now, (especially if the players are thinking about Duke, as well they might)?

- None of our games are easy and there’s nothing automatic about winning games that aren’t easy.

- Say what you want about Boston College. They didn’t look so bad when they had us down 37-45 in Boston with 15:55 left.

- They are averaging 69.8ppg and shooting 44.8% from the field. We are averaging 70.6 and 45.6%. Not much difference there. And we haven’t achieved either number in 6 of our last 7 games.

- Somebody always goes off on the zone when we lose. Oliver Hanlan is averaging 18ppg for the year but he is at 21.3 over his last three games.

Why you &^%&^%@!(*(#!
Healthywealthy.jpg

I'll show you!

- This team is sick of being told that they are worn out, were never that good, etc. They are going to lay a big-league whooping on Boston College tonight.

- BC? They are 6-19, 2-10 in the league and 1-9 on the road this year.

- Those 2 are wins over Virginia Tech who is even worse at 2-11 in the league. Those are the only two BC wins over a Division 1 team since November.

- SU has won it’s last 46 Dome games against unranked teams and they’ve done it by an average of 21 points.

- BC had lost its last 11 games to ranked teams.

- The Eagles are giving up 78.7ppg and 53.% field goal shooting. Our offense gets well in this game.

- And if we miss, Boston College is one of the worst rebounding teams in the country, ranking 305th out of 345 major college teams. We get well on the boards tonight, too.

- 6-19 teams don’t defeat 25-0 teams on the road. We got this.

- Everybody assumes the first loss will come Saturday at Duke. Which means it will come some other time against somebody else. Maybe now, (especially if the players are thinking about Duke, as well they might)?

I hate games like tonight. A lot to lose. Very little to gain.

No joy in winning because we are supposed to. But a loss will result in weeping and gnashing of teeth. And a bunch of snarky comments by the "experts".

Let's get this one over with, head to Tobacco Road, and ruin the Dukies revenge fantasies.

I disagree. I think I'll enjoy this one as the fiance is on business in the bahamas. This gives me a chance to throw back a few cold ones and hopefully relax to a double digit win (for once). But im a beer bottle half full type of guy.

Edit: F... just realized the game is on ESPN2 tonight. Guess I'll have to watch at the bar.

Last edited:

No joy in winning because we are supposed to. But a loss will result in weeping and gnashing of teeth. And a bunch of snarky comments by the "experts".

Let's get this one over with, head to Tobacco Road, and ruin the Dukies revenge fantasies.

We said before NC State that it was time for an easy win. It still is. I'd like a game with a comfortable lead at the end, one with an encouraging performance by SU, rather than an alarming one.

Why you &^%&^%@!(*(#!
Healthywealthy.jpg

I'll show you!

- This team is sick of being told that they are worn out, were never that good, etc. They are going to lay a big-league whooping on Boston College tonight.

- BC? They are 6-19, 2-10 in the league and 1-9 on the road this year.

- Those 2 are wins over Virginia Tech who is even worse at 2-11 in the league. Those are the only two BC wins over a Division 1 team since November.

- SU has won it’s last 46 Dome games against unranked teams and they’ve done it by an average of 21 points.

- BC had lost its last 11 games to ranked teams.

- The Eagles are giving up 78.7ppg and 53.% field goal shooting. Our offense gets well in this game.

- And if we miss, Boston College is one of the worst rebounding teams in the country, ranking 305th out of 345 major college teams. We get well on the boards tonight, too.

- 6-19 teams don’t defeat 25-0 teams on the road. We got this.

NO! STOP! I don't want to hear this stuff. Makes a win even more meaningless and a loss even more devastating.

Last edited:
We said before NC State that it was time for an easy win. It still is. I'd like a game with a comfortable lead at the end, one with an encouraging performance by SU, rather than an alarming one.

Kidding aside, I'd like to see TR get 15-25 minutes.

seriously, just playing this game is bad in terms of all the computer ratings and media bs

OK This is what I want to see tonight:

Minutes:

RC - 30
BK - 5 (Save for Duke)
JG - 30
CJ - 30
TR - 20
MG - 25
TE - 30
TC - 30

RC posts up 3+ times and takes 3+ shots beyond 5'. Aggressive defense and commits 3- fouls
BK avoids aggravating his knee
JG gets a few minutes at the 5 and goes to the basket 5+ times with a plan
CJ plays under control. Takes 5+ 8' to 15' shots
TR plays solid defense and gets 5+ rebounds. Doesn't frustrate JB. At least not much
MG plays solid defense, gets 2+ steals, 4+ assists, goes to the basket 2+ times, and takes 5 threes (he'll make at least 2)
TE shown no lingering effects of an ankle problem. If so, he'll take care of everything else
TC develops color blindness, thinks BC's red uniforms are ND green

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom