So, JB kinda threw Roberson under the bus apparently | Syracusefan.com

So, JB kinda threw Roberson under the bus apparently

jekelish

Living Legend
@Stephen_Bailey1: Boeheim said Roberson gives the team nothing: "He doesn't know the defense. He doesn't know the offense. He can't help us right now."

Are you kidding me, Jim? What a dick thing to say.

Is it true? Maybe. But don't freaking get THIS negative on a freshman out there giving it his all.

@Stephen_Bailey1: Boeheim said Roberson gives the team nothing: "He doesn't know the defense. He doesn't know the offense. He can't help us right now."

Is it true? Maybe. But don't freaking get THIS negative on a freshman out there giving it his all.

If he doesn't know what's happening in March he might not be giving it his all. :noidea:

If he doesn't know what's happening in March he might not be giving it his all. :noidea:
Isn't it LITERALLY Jim's job to make sure he knows the offense and defense? Let's not put all the blame on a kid out there working his tail off when he does actually get minutes.

Also the point is, I hate the fact he said this. Call him into the office and have a chat. Don't go on your press conference after his first start and basically say he sucks to the media.

Isn't it LITERALLY Jim's job to make sure he knows the offense and defense? Let's not put all the blame on a kid out there working his tail off when he does actually get minutes.

Also the point is, I hate the fact he said this. Call him into the office and have a chat. Don't go on your press conference after his first start and basically say he sucks to the media.

JB knows his work ethic better than either one of us.

Wow, that really pisses me off. Baye gets all the time in the world and while he knows the offense it doesn't mean he actually helps the offense at all. I thought Roberson looked good on D, except when he switched off the guy underneath to let Rak slide in and watch the bucket. That was bad, but I'm guessing Rak said to move. Should have doubled instead.

especially when Boeheim's answer to trying to speed the game up was pressing, but sticking in the 2-3...

so what we did was pressure them into speeding the ball up for 5 seconds to easily beat our press - then sit in the 2-3 for 25 seconds, then watch them score with 3 on the shot clock. over and over and over to start the 2nd half.

yeah... we created a to and a 2 missed shots towards the end of the game... but we had ample opportunities to at least mix up the defense. instead we let them whittle the clock down until it was an all or nothing chance for us.

gotta put this 1 on boeheim. I love the zone and i love boeheim. but tech owned us (after uva owned us). Which makes 2 games in a row that we had better players at pg, sg, sf, pf, and c - yet we sat in a zone and let the opposition totally control tempo.

i only hope JB puts some pride aside if needed in the tournament.

Pretty sure it's Jim's job to teach him...

Do any of the players know the "offense"?

Again, nothing to do with work ethic. Berate the kid in private. Don't publicly admonish him like this. It's low class, if you ask me.

Perhaps he has tried that already. Now he is sending a message in a different manner. Don't think he would go that far without reason. At least I hope he wouldn't.

jekelish said:
@Stephen_Bailey1: Boeheim said Roberson gives the team nothing: "He doesn't know the defense. He doesn't know the offense. He can't help us right now." Are you kidding me, Jim? What a dick thing to say. Is it true? Maybe. But don't freaking get THIS negative on a freshman out there giving it his all.

If true utterly absurd

If true, it's BS, Roberson looked very good out there.

Good thing u didn't the possibility of him transferring because that's not allowed. But not unreasonable thought

Someone might want to call JB out for having a team that can't beat a paper tiger after the loss of just one player from its rotation. They look like they don't have a clue what they are doing on the floor right now and that has to go back to the coach. It isn't on the freshman who gets his first significant and meaningful playing time in game 30 of the season.

Really disappointing if JB called out Tyler like that.

Maybe. But what does JB want to do play 5 starters plus BMK and that's all? If Grant is out he is going to have to get something from Roberson so try to keep the kid positive and help him as much as possible... rather than tearing him down and totally destroying his confidence. JB is acting really strange about TR. I wonder if he transfers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom