So much for a drama less season - ugh!!!! | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

So much for a drama less season - ugh!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The back-and-forth with the LP manager as well as the tidbit that the situation "involved sneakers" are interesting. I loved catching shoe thieves. You can just sit in your office on the camera watching the shoe department all day and eventually someone will take off their ratty old sneakers, slip on a new pair of kicks and, after gathering the courage, walk out the door.

Next time you go shoe shopping at a store like TJ Maxx or Kohls where shoes are kept out on racks, look around under the shelves and you'll likely find someone's used footwear.

Honestly, dont believe this AT all. Even if I do, call me immoral or whatever but it's honestly not that big of a deal. Stupid as heck, but, so many people steal these days but just do not get caught. I never have and never will, but plenty of people I know/have been with, do it. It's a pair of shoes for crying out loud. Stupid as heck. If true, suspend him a game or two and move on with it. Doesn't change his image one bit for me considering a crap ton of athletes do that same thing but do not get caught.

I say we suspend him for the first three Big East games of the season for being an idiot.

Love how McIntyre says he wasn't recording the phone call yet gave 6 sentences in quotations.

no idea, either way to me, doesn't change my image on him. Good kid, messed up. Still do not believe this story. Has to be some type of misunderstanding
So now it's shoes? I thought it was Polo clothes stuffed in a backpack?

Honestly, dont believe this AT all. Even if I do, call me immoral or whatever but it's honestly not that big of a deal. Stupid as heck, but, so many people steal these days but just do not get caught. I never have and never will, but plenty of people I know/have been with, do it. It's a pair of shoes for crying out loud. Stupid as heck. If true, suspend him a game or two and move on with it. Doesn't change his image one bit for me considering a crap ton of athletes do that same thing but do not get caught.
I love this post. Hahaha! Do a lot of athletes shoplift? I didn't know it was such a widespread problem. Glad it doesn't change your opinion of him. Just curious, where do you draw the line? Do only felonies count?

Oh yes, and it's your team, right after you created an account to bad mouth the best basketball player on your team. Do you really think people credit anything you say? Awesome post #4, I can't wait for #5.

Dude, why?

This isn't the way to treat someone who comes on here to share something.

Maybe an NCAA rules expert can tell me if this is correct: if a player steals merchandise, it is not necessarily an NCAA violation. If a retailer gives the player the same merchandise for free, it is definitely a violation. Correct?

I love this post. Hahaha! Do a lot of athletes shoplift? I didn't know it was such a widespread problem. Glad it doesn't change your opinion of him. Just curious, where do you draw the line? Do only felonies count?

I mean obviously it counts. He should be punished for doing it. He gets caught again, see you later alligator... But I guess he is making me eat my words with the way he has been lately(MCW). Supposedly tripping that ref, and I thought was a little selfish on Saturday. Haha, obviously if you get caught grand larsony, im sure you would be kicked out of the university.

This is just off the top of my head, but in the last few years we have overlooked domestic abuse, possible gang rape, alleged child sexual abuse, beating the **** out of an innocent fellow student, drunkenly crashing a coach's car and then trying to fight the cop arresting you, another physical altercation with a police officer, driving with an open container and a decent amount of weed, punching Otto in the face (actually that's the one we probably didn't over look because we hated the guy and he was leaving SU, so whatever), allegedly punching a girl, hitting a girl with a toaster, etc.

Honestly, possibly attempting to steal $160 in shitty Ralph Lauren merchandise is pretty minor. Unfortunately, this is par for the course when you're a fan of a major college athletics program.

I don't care if he did it or not. I'd prefer they all be angels, but I know the stupid **** I did in college and the stupid **** my friends did, and I just don't care about petty shoplifting.

So I'm going to pray to MCW that he leads us to the Final Four, where we haven't been in ten long years.
I'm not convinced that these were "overlooked", as you say. In fact, I'm quite certain that a bunch of them were handled in the court system. You may not like the resolutions, but that doesn't mean that the incidents were overlooked.

Also, how would you feel if you got arrested for something you were later exonerated from, but your employer fired you anyway before the resolution of the case? I am interested to hear what people think about this. A lot of people on here want to suspend and/or kick kids out of school as soon as part of a story breaks regardless of how the case ends up. I was guilty of this with the Sales incident, but I think I've learned my lesson to let things play out before getting on my horse and joining the lynch mob. (Btw, Sales did miss a whole season.)

Dude, why?

This isn't the way to treat someone who comes on here to share something.
Do you really think their intention was "sharing"? Creating an id that same day just to take credit for what? A picture that no one wanted to see from a complete stranger with news we should just trust without any word from real media sources? I don't come on here to "share" information in order to look like the person who saw it first. I try to enjoy the team and support them.

Huge difference between us who positively support this team as opposed to whatever that was.

Don't make it out to be like they were saving the Manatees, because they weren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.