So much for "Shocking the world" (nm) | Syracusefan.com

So much for "Shocking the world" (nm)

Yeah, why Tweet that if you hadn't ruled out the most obvious team. Oh well. I guess he shocked, ummm, ummm, Bueller?

Well it was pretty widely for the past week that UK was out of it completely; then up until 8:30 it seemed to be official for Georgetown.

He did a good job of keeping people guessing, gotta give him that.

Has he ever explained the meaning of that statement. He should be asked that and he should answer it directly.

Has he ever explained the meaning of that statement. He should be asked that and he should answer it directly.

Does it really matter? People put too much stock into what these kids write on their personal twitter accounts. He could have been talking about how he is planning to go undefeated with Coach Cal next year. Could have been quoting lyrics from a song. None of us know or should feel entitled to know the answer.

I am not quite sure why people are putting so much stock into a random tweet the guy had. He was clearly having fun with the whole process.

Shocking the world is not going to Kentucky, shocking the world is Georgetown who came in late in the process. Most of the talk on the radio and in forums is that something happened between beddy bye time on Tuesday and announcement time around 8:45 PM on Wednesday. I would be interested to hear what it was that changed his mind, that is all.

Maybe he's a Muhammad Ali fan, maybe he saw the Fab Five Doc and Juwan Howard. Not every single tweet he made needed to be about his recruitment.

Or maybe he just wanted to mess with people. Or maybe he was really going to go to Gtown before UK backed up the truck. Either way, I don't think we should put too much stock in any singular tweet of his, and he certainly doesn't owe anyone an explanation.

As I mentioned before, there was a good chance he was being a little cynical about the circus. Legend has it he hadn't decided yet anyhow. We may likely never know what NN's tweet meant, but there's a chance he was mocking the type of people who were analyzing them all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom