So much love coming from recruits in 23 class. Havent heard a bad experience, Quite the contrary, kids seem | Syracusefan.com

So much love coming from recruits in 23 class. Havent heard a bad experience, Quite the contrary, kids seem

Cuse#1

Starter
seem to be blown away when coming from a visit. Plus many more kids showing interest that are impressive plus the new QB (elite) as they put is exciting so really makes me excited what this class is going to look like in the end!! IMO of course the additions to the staff has made a significant impact but we are FINALLY showing the commintment to football that a P-5 team requires & all i say to that is dont become complacement! Has to be ongoing, just like the competition. GO SU

seem to be blown away when coming from a visit. Plus many more kids showing interest that are impressive plus the new QB (elite) as they put is exciting so really makes me excited what this class is going to look like in the end!! IMO of course the additions to the staff has made a significant impact but we are FINALLY showing the commintment to football that a P-5 team requires & all i say to that is dont become complacement! Has to be ongoing, just like the competition. GO SU
Sweet

There may be Orange-tinted glasses involved in the tenor of this post, but be that as it may, it does feel like there is a different vibe/exudation/football pheromone emanating from the program. Less verbosely, we seem more confident in operation and more appealing to potential recruits - and maybe even current players.
I'll present no hard evidence for this. It's subjective and it's based mostly on the infusion of new and experienced coaches/admins who are more active and capable. Will it translate into more Ws? Who knows.
I have however, revamped my pie chart for a successful season from the more usual 75% HOPE 25% ABILITIES to 40% Hope 60% ABILITIES.
A more rigorous analysis you couldn't come by. FWIW this is MY (and yours) team and these are my thoughts. And allow me to conclude by saying something mightily vague...We could be on the cusp of something.

For now, that something would be hearing opponents say, "Damn, I wish we didn't have to play Syracuse this week."

Well - it really does seem that a LOT of the recent visitors were blown away and very enthusiastic about Cuse, the Dome, the vibe, the family atmosphere, the coaches, the facilities, the campus, the city, the academics, the history, etc.

AND - you look at the quality of the recent transfers we’ve landed, and the croots in this current clsss.

AND - we haven’t had a mass exodus out via the portal, like so many other peer schools.

With the exception (and this still may be addressed before the season) of not landing an experienced DT, Dino & co. have absolutely KILLED IT in every facet this off-season.

I’d give them a 9.9 out of 10.

So - it really does seem like things are trending up in recruiting.
In the numbers of visitors, the quality , and the positive feedback from most/all of them.

I’ve asked before if football is in a better position than basketball right now at SU. People scoffed. I don’t think they’re scoffing anymore. They were both around and below .500 last year and I’d say football has had the better off-season - by far.

I’ve asked before if football is in a better position than basketball right now at SU. People scoffed. I don’t think they’re scoffing anymore. They were both around and below .500 last year and I’d say football has had the better off-season - by far.
I think the gap has narrowed. Let’s see how good Mintz is first.

Glad to see a thread created to talk about positive things the staff are doing. It’s easy for all of us to bitch ( including me). I’m always going to give props when props are due and criticize when it’s warranted. Dino has made adjustments. Let’s see if they pay off.

Glad to see a thread created to talk about positive things the staff are doing. It’s easy for all of us to bitch ( including me). I’m always going to give props when props are due and criticize when it’s warranted. Dino has made adjustments. Let’s see if they pay off.
Amen. Plus hiring good assistants...really matters. I genuinely hope that the decision JW made last year to reinvest in Dino and the staff (vs. starting fresh) will prove to be a turning point for SU football. This is a great group of coaches who are amazing on and off the field. Really pulling for them.

Hope the hope results in signatures on paperwork and not just premature hopeulation.

Amen. Plus hiring good assistants...really matters. I genuinely hope that the decision JW made last year to reinvest in Dino and the staff (vs. starting fresh) will prove to be a turning point for SU football. This is a great group of coaches who are amazing on and off the field. Really pulling for them.
I hope so too. JW went with his instincts and that can go either way. He seems to be investing more into what the program needs so we will see.

Great post, just hope Dino has finally realized he needs to let the coaches he has hired, call the plays. These coaches have the experience of getting things done right.
Dino needs to step back and let them run the show and help if needed.

With the upgrades in facilities in the coming years, I only see this escalating as well. Very encouraging

Hope the hope results in signatures on paperwork and not just premature hopeulation.
I guess premature hopeulation is better than copulation.

I hope so too. JW went with his instincts and that can go either way. He seems to be investing more into what the program needs so we will see.
Great point, money. Every single improvement, resource, staff addition/position created, and salary increase for football has been done as an investment in the program - with more to come. JW is working through a checklist of items that were identified as obstacles to success. It's now up to Dino to win. You do not have to squint very hard to see that there are potential contingencies in place if the losing continues.

Great post, just hope Dino has finally realized he needs to let the coaches he has hired, call the plays. These coaches have the experience of getting things done right.
Maybe the issue was he needed to be more involved with Gilbert. I dont think Dino will have much influence with Anae because its not his scheme but Im sure there will be certain concepts he will want him to focus on.

Dino needs to set direction. Leave the X & Os to the guys who know what they're doing.

There will be misses. Lets be realistic, they are a losing program but why not hope for good? Whats the alternative?

Ah, it’s not just hope for the sake of hoping.

There have been many, massive, tangible improvements this whole off-season.

Seemingly every major issue (with perhaps the 1 minor one - DT, still pending) has been addressed, and in about the best way imaginable.

Ah, it’s not just hope for the sake of hoping.

There have been many, massive, tangible improvements this whole off-season.

Seemingly every major issue (with perhaps the 1 minor one - DT, still pending) has been addressed, and in about the best way imaginable.
True

Judah Mintz will likely have a far greater impact on his team next season than any FB newcomer. That said, there appears to be a new energy and vibe coming from the FB program, which is exciting. This is indicative of the boost that changing staff can add. Our 4 bball coaches Polaroid cameras in a Tik Tok world.