So, we actually turned our noses up at Tremont Waters? | Syracusefan.com

So, we actually turned our noses up at Tremont Waters?

And Jalen Brunson. Did we try for Cole Anthony too, what's his connection to Georgetown and how are they in his list? Point guard U lol, converted shooting guard U maybe.

I believe that’s a Greg Anthony-Patrick Ewing former teammates and longtime friends connection.

Good call. I'm sure Greg doesn't want him playing zone and didn't even take our call.

I don’t know or really care if money was involved, but if it took money to get Smart there(he might be the 4th best player on that team...maybe), then I’d imagine Reid and Waters had some shenanigans involved with them as well. But we definitely are lacking a player just like him! It’s very sad!

Good call. I'm sure Greg doesn't want him playing zone and didn't even take our call.

Can we remind Greg he played the “amoeba”, and did just fine in the NBA as a scrappy defender?

Just my take and could be way off, but if I was a parent or recruit I think I’d be worried about SU’s offense more than anything.

IMO, the zone is only a problem indirectly if we’re recruiting for it first and foremost.

Go back to bringing in Flynn’s and Devendorf’s and Harris’s and playing offense first, IMO. Use the zone to cover up poor man defenders that can score, and to confuse stupid teams. Stop recruiting pterodactyl’s that can’t pass, shoot, or dribble.

Can we remind Greg he played the “amoeba”, and did just fine in the NBA as a scrappy defender?

Just my take and could be way off, but if I was a parent or recruit I think I’d be worried about SU’s offense more than anything.

IMO, the zone is only a problem indirectly if we’re recruiting for it first and foremost.

Go back to bringing in Flynn’s and Devendorf’s and Harris’s and playing offense first, IMO. Use the zone to cover up poor man defenders that can score, and to confuse stupid teams. Stop recruiting pterodactyl’s that can’t pass, shoot, or dribble.

I agree 100%.

Agreed. We used to have an abundance of players who were skilled at playing the game of basketball. The past few years, it seems like we have athletes who don't have a great feel.

It is one of the reasons that I think JBA and Edwards might be better "gets" than most people think.

Agreed. We used to have an abundance of players who were skilled at playing the game of basketball. The past few years, it seems like we have athletes who don't have a great feel.

It is one of the reasons that I think JBA and Edwards might be better "gets" than most people think.

Agreed. Buddy and JG3 too, IMO.

I’ve read that Quincy G. has big time offensive ability too? Hope that’s accurate.

I used to often feel like we should score every time down the court, when we were locked in.

In recent years it too often feels like a minor miracle when we score. It shouldn’t feel hopeless to even get a decent shot off against freakin Georgia Tech in the Carrier Dome.

Agreed. Buddy and JG3 too, IMO.

I’ve read that Quincy G. has big time offensive ability too? Hope that’s accurate.

I used to often feel like we should score every time down the court, when we were locked in.

In recent years it too often feels like a minor miracle when we score. It shouldn’t feel hopeless to even get a decent shot off against freakin Georgia Tech in the Carrier Dome.

I went from truly believing that we would win every game no matter who we played, that turned to having some games on the schedule that I thought we could win, which then turned into games that were tossups, then games I thought we would lose and now which is that we can really lose any game.

He plays for LSU, who’s coach was literally fired this season because of being wiretapped talking about paying a player. But yeah, no bags ever I’m sure.

How much did we give Tyus to leave Michigan?

I don’t think we were real high on him but after he decommitted from gtown we were after Ayala. Besides, look where he ended up. where’s their HC?

Forgot all about Ayala. That was a name I saw on here all the time.

Looks like he had a solid freshman season.

Forgot all about Ayala. That was a name I saw on here all the time.

Looks like he had a solid freshman season.

Ayala and Zegarowski both had solid FR years and made waaay more contributions to their respective teams than Carey did to SU. Both shot over 40% from 3. But neither are huge for the PG position so who cares if they have actual skills.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom