So what about the early exit fee? | Syracusefan.com

So what about the early exit fee?

orangeinjersey

All Conference
If there is no league where does that money go? Have we paid the entire amount?

My uneducated guess it is still owed to the league and would be distributed among members eligible based on the bylaws at the time SU gave notice. The A/R is a league asset at this time.

If there is no league where does that money go? Have we paid the entire amount?

It all goes to Boise State. They will be rolling in dough.

Does SU actually have to come out of pocket for this? With the way the payouts go for the NCAA bball tourney and such, I have to imagine our forfeited share, plus our bowl earnings this year, would cover the majority of the agreed upon exit fee leaving us with potentially an immaterial amount due if anything at all. Thoughts?

Does SU actually have to come out of pocket for this? With the way the payouts go for the NCAA bball tourney and such, I have to imagine our forfeited share, plus our bowl earnings this year, would cover the majority of the agreed upon exit fee leaving us with potentially an immaterial amount due if anything at all. Thoughts?

Well, there was a story last week that said we hadn't paid anything yet. Maybe that's why. Although I believe it would be incorrect to say we have paid nothing as I'm nearly certain we paid the $2.5 million that was owed under the by-laws at the time we announced our intention to move to the ACC.

id say the good news is, if the catholic 7 leave...we wont have to pay for years. and likely less $$, as the courts will be involved for quite some time hammering this thing out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom