So what do we know about UConn? | Syracusefan.com

So what do we know about UConn?

mlbball99

2nd String

Here’s highlights of their Week 2 game, which I think is more helpful than their Week 1 game since their QB got hurt.

- Zion Turner is their QB. A true freshman who is in for their injured starter. He’s a little bit of a dual threat. Had some nice runs and good touch on his throws.

-UConn is a very run heavy team. Their tailback has back to back 100 yard games.

-UConn did block a kick or two last week.

-Their offense seems to throw to the tight end a lot.

any other thoughts?

Here’s highlights of their Week 2 game, which I think is more helpful than their Week 1 game since their QB got hurt.

- Zion Turner is their QB. A true freshman who is in for their injured starter. He’s a little bit of a dual threat. Had some nice runs and good touch on his throws.

-UConn is a very run heavy team. Their tailback has back to back 100 yard games.

any other thoughts?
They're looking kinda solid. Their run schemes are effective.

We know they stink but want to beat Syracuse as if there whole season depends on it. So stranger things have happened. Just get the win and move on. Line looks about right but I agree I don’t see Syracuse covering though

If this was 2019 and we came in with an inflated idea of ourselves maybe.

I don't think their true freshmen RB and QB can move the ball and protect it/not turn it over. They are at home and might put up a few points but we should be able to score fast on that D.

any other thoughts?
Central Connecticut looked a little small on defense. I am pretty sure if we were on the team, JeremyCuse, Cuseregular, Consigliere and I would have started on the defensive line.

Roger N and Dcuse could have helped out at linebacker. Add DCCuse to that list. And RayInVa would have dominated at free safety.

The announcers and production values of the highlight package are stunning. Not remotely up to the level of the HS football broadcasts we have for local football in CNY. Did they randomly pick a play by play and a color person from the stands?

Reading the Boneyard, some of them think we are awful defending the run. No idea why, we were solid against it last year (28th in the country) and if anything, are better this season.

Their QB is a true frosh who looks very confused and unsure of himself. He is going to have a brutal time trying to deal with the Syracuse 3-3-5. Even Cunningham was completely befuddled by it.

I expect UConn will try and run and fail. Their OL is a lot smaller and less talented than UL’s was. Their RBs are a lot smaller and less talented than UL’s were. Their two 3 WRs are all hurt and they are left with a bunch of slow, weak backups there. If they have to pass, they are going to get a lot of sacks and interceptions. Hard to imagine them getting more than 14 points against us.

Their defense is IMHO quite a bit better than their offensive unit. From what I saw in the Utah State game, their DL and LBs are decent and they appear to be well coached. Not much depth and they will get worn down but they are respectable. Their CBs are small, weak and do not appear to be really athletic. They are going to have a hard time covering our WRs and will need to get help from their safeties, with a lot of zone coverage, to avoid a lot of long TDs. If they do that, we will run for huge yardage play after play.

I think playing on grass will help mask the huge disparity in speed. I think SU is very likely going to be mentally uninspired playing in an empty stadium against a team not many respect. I expect the UConn players will be sky high for the game and they might even keep the score respectable to halftime.

But we are too big, strong and deep to lose this game. 38-14 sounds about right to me. 250 yards rushing and 250 yards passing. Hope we get a chance to rest Shrader and Tucker most of the second half, so we are close to 100% for Purdue.

Central Connecticut looked a little small on defense. I am pretty sure if we were on the team, JeremyCuse, Cuseregular, Consigliere and I would have started on the defensive line.

Roger N and Dcuse could have helped out at linebacker. Add DCCuse to that list. And RayInVa would have dominated at free safety.

The announcers and production values of the highlight package are stunning. Not remotely up to the level of the HS football broadcasts we have for local football in CNY. Did they randomly pick a play by play and a color person from the stands?

Reading the Boneyard, some of them think we are awful defending the run. No idea why, we were solid against it last year (28th in the country) and if anything, are better this season.

Their QB is a true frosh who looks very confused and unsure of himself. He is going to have a brutal time trying to deal with the Syracuse 3-3-5. Even Cunningham was completely befuddled by it.

I expect UConn will try and run and fail. Their OL is a lot smaller and less talented than UL’s was. Their RBs are a lot smaller and less talented than UL’s were. Their two 3 WRs are all hurt and they are left with a bunch of slow, weak backups there. If they have to pass, they are going to get a lot of sacks and interceptions. Hard to imagine them getting more than 14 points against us.

Their defense is IMHO quite a bit better than their offensive unit. From what I saw in the Utah State game, their DL and LBs are decent and they appear to be well coached. Not much depth and they will get worn down but they are respectable. Their CBs are small, weak and do not appear to be really athletic. They are going to have a hard time covering our WRs and will need to get help from their safeties, with a lot of zone coverage, to avoid a lot of long TDs. If they do that, we will run for huge yardage play after play.

I think playing on grass will help mask the huge disparity in speed. I think SU is very likely going to be mentally uninspired playing in an empty stadium against a team not many respect. I expect the UConn players will be sky high for the game and they might even keep the score respectable to halftime.

But we are too big, strong and deep to lose this game. 38-14 sounds about right to me. 250 yards rushing and 250 yards passing. Hope we get a chance to rest Shrader and Tucker most of the second half, so we are close to 100% for Purdue.
Nice post , though I’m devastated I didn’t make your ( Connecticut replacement team ) squad .

Posted this somewhere else.

* Tucker could score once a quarter, let’s be generous and say he only scored 3/4 of the quarters
* No way GS doesn’t run at least one in himself or two
* Maybe he throws a TD too, maybe twice.

So at a minimum I see 5 TD’s just between Tucker and GS running the ball.

Not sure where UConn scoring a TD fits into my thoughts. Maybe 1 in the 3rd Q and maybe they kick a couple FG’s.

Best case scenario for UConn the score is 35-13 but it could be 70-3.

sutomcat said a mouthful.

I too, like some others here, believe that they are better coached. But they just don’t have the dogs to run with us.

Our OL has an enormous size advantage.

We are bigger, faster, stronger and better.

I’m never this confident, kind of superstitious, but I just don’t see how this team sticks with us at this point. We should, and will roll.

sutomcat said a mouthful.

I too, like some others here, believe that they are better coached. But they just don’t have the dogs to run with us.

Our OL has an enormous size advantage.

We are bigger, faster, stronger and better.

I’m never this confident, kind of superstitious, but I just don’t see how this team sticks with us at this point. We should, and will roll.
Tucker and Shrader will not allow this team to take any team lightly.

Nice post , though I’m devastated I didn’t make your ( Connecticut replacement team ) squad .
You know, I have been on this board forever. Played high school football and even scored a td. Played Head to head against a guy that made the NFL. And it wasn't enough for the Cat to put me on the field. I can't tell you how unhappy I am!!!

You know, I have been on this board forever. Played high school football and even scored a td. Played Head to head against a guy that made the NFL. And it wasn't enough for the Cat to put me on the field. I can't tell you how unhappy I am!!!
Aye , he clearly didn’t see my 6 receptions for the East Syracuse Eagles against the Eastwood Bears Gold in Pewee football !!

Not many guys get to leave the game on their own terms. It's always tough when the day comes you don't make the cut.

I had you pencilled in as our LT. rrlbees is the QB and Jake is our slot guy. Chris02M is the TE. Jocko and lincolncuse are the outside WRs. weedsportwarriors and Crusty are the OG. We have Enrique Cruz as the RT and Rhino as the FB. Enrique’s little bro will fill in at FB as Rhino recovers.

We have the O’Briens as the stars on the coverage units for special teams. cuseguy and subarney are the gunners. @SWC is our kicker and OburgCuse ia our punter. JRHEETER is our RB.

@SyracruzFamily. @FueledbyHofmann @Ohanababy

Aye , he clearly didn’t see my 6 receptions for the East Syracuse Eagles against the Eastwood Bears Gold in Pewee football !!
Talk about a bitter rivalry.

If we do not help them with stupid penalties and turns, we win going away.

I had you pencilled in as our LT. rrlbees is the QB and Jake is our slot guy. Chris02M is the TE. Jocko and lincolncuse are the outside WRs. weedsportwarriors and Crusty are the OG. We have Enrique Cruz as the RT and Rhino as the FB. Enrique’s little bro will fill in at FB as Rhino recovers.

We have the O’Briens as the stars on the coverage units for special teams. cuseguy and subarney are the gunners. @SWC is our kicker and OburgCuse ia our punter. JRHEETER is our RB.

@SyracruzFamily. @FueledbyHofmann @Ohanababy

I think we win a Natty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom