So what do you really think of the hashtag Be the Alpha | Syracusefan.com

So what do you really think of the hashtag Be the Alpha

Can't say I'm a fan of the hashtag for this class.
Yep. What is this Be the Alpha stuff that has been turning up in these tweets since the Babers camp took over?

I ain't feeling it.

I offer my hashtag suggestions for future commitments:
#DidTheRightThing
#SwaggerCuse
#DomeDoinIt
#CuseNation
#JoinLaFamilia
#WelcometotheOhana

Literally anything is better than Be The Alpha. It makes absolutely no sense

#DidTheRightThing
#SwaggerCuse
#DomeDoinIt
#CuseNation
#JoinLaFamilia
#WelcometotheOhana

I still think we missed out on #Domesquad

Can't say I'm a fan of the hashtag for this class.
They used it last year also, just with 18. It's a common hashtag with schools. SU still use #oitnf also.

They used it last year also, just with 18. It's a common hashtag with schools. SU still use #oitnf also.
It's common? Boo.

Then all the more reason to get rid of it and do something different.

Okay. I'm done ranting about this

Just happy to have our next commitment

#DidTheRightThing
#SwaggerCuse
#DomeDoinIt
#CuseNation
#JoinLaFamilia
#WelcometotheOhana

Be the alpha is their team mantra. They preach it all the time. To dominate. To be the absolute best you can be. Obviously they want the class of 20_ _ to have a hashtag specific to them. It honestly means absolutely nothing lol. I couldn't name another teams recruiting hashtag if i tried

Be the alpha is their team mantra. They preach it all the time. To dominate. To be the absolute best you can be. Obviously they want the class of 20_ _ to have a hashtag specific to them. It honestly means absolutely nothing lol. I couldn't name another teams recruiting hashtag if i tried
They used the be the alpha # for 2018 also but 2020 doesn't really lend itself to the same usage appearance wise. I have seen be the alpha used in other programs edits, not hashtags.

They used the be the alpha # for 2018 also but 2020 doesn't really lend itself to the same usage appearance wise. I have seen be the alpha used in other programs edits, not hashtags.

True. They also have shirts that I've seen coaches wear saying ALPHA on the back

#DidTheRightThing
#SwaggerCuse
#DomeDoinIt
#CuseNation
#JoinLaFamilia
#WelcometotheOhana

Orange is the New Fast is not better than Be The Alpha.

Top 10 Rejected Hashtags # for 2019 recruits:

1. #Getting SeatbacksSoon
2. #CNYsTeam
3. #PartyLikeIts1959
4. #SnowITNF
5. #WeLuv2Stars
6. #ColumboWentHere
7. #NotRankedSince2001
8. #TheresAlwaysSUBasketball
9. #JockItchCentral
10. #GreatUniforms

Last edited:
Orange is the New Fast is not better than Be The Alpha.
I would submit that Orange is the New Fast is superior to Be The Alpha. The use of Orange is unique to us and differentiating, and it also played off a common phrase made more popular by a television programme that entered the zeitgeist at the time. Be The Alpha lacks differentiation, and carries some politically charged stigma.

Also, I tried to write that in the most pretentious sounding way possible. I award myself 5 points.

I would submit that Orange is the New Fast is superior to Be The Alpha. The use of Orange is unique to us and differentiating, and it also played off a common phrase made more popular by a television programme that entered the zeitgeist at the time. Be The Alpha lacks differentiation, and carries some politically charged stigma.

Also, I tried to write that in the most pretentious sounding way possible. I award myself 5 points.
You obviously don't follow twitter. Orange isn't uniquely equated with SU by prospects, fans or schools. Just look at our resident Clemson fan gbo. ;)

This is right up there with "what uniforms will they wear?"
I could not care less about either inconsequential factor. If a recruit states he chose a school over Syracuse, and the teams hashtag and/or uniform was the deciding factor, then I'll change my mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom