So, what is a successful season? | Syracusefan.com

So, what is a successful season?

Crusty

Living Legend
Realistically, 8-4 with a bowl win (9-4) would be great IMO. We have played the 119th toughest schedule thus far and are facing something like the 9th toughest the rest of the way. AND all but NCS and ND are away games. (edit also FSU)

Our key injuries are likely to become a factor and any new OLine injuries would be difficult to overcome.

Don't get me wrong, I think this team has done great and exceeded expectations and may continue to over achieve but going better than 3-4 from here is a big ask.

Would love to be wrong but 9-4 would be fantastic.
LGO!

Last edited:
Realistically, 8-4 with a bowl win (9-4) would be great IMO. We have played the 119th toughest schedule thus far and are facing something like the 9th toughest the rest of the way. AND all but NCS and ND are away games.

Our key injuries are likely to become a factor and any new OLine injuries would be difficult to overcome.

Don't get me wrong, I think this team has done great and exceeded expectations and may continue to over achieve but going better than 3-4 from here is a big ask.

LGO!
It's fair to re-asses our expectations based on 5-0... But in the back of my head, I'm still wary. Prior to the season, there was as close to a board consensus as you'll ever see around here that we could be significantly better and still only win 5, BUT that 6 was the goal. We're not safe until #6. Then we dream a little.

Let's just knock off NC State and be done with it.

Warm weather bowl. Before this season I would have taken any bowl but expectations have been raised as this team is special. I hope we make a higher bowl, Sean plays in it, and we win.

From this point sitting at 5-0, anything less than 9-3 is not a success. But the season as a whole 7-6 is a success.

Edit

I would be surprised if we beat Clemson, and I would be surprised if we lost to BC. The other 5 games are various forms of toss ups, with 3 at home. So going 2-3 in those 5 games IMO cannot be a successful stretch. Need to go 4-3 these last 7.

Last edited:
Realistically, 8-4 with a bowl win (9-4) would be great IMO. We have played the 119th toughest schedule thus far and are facing something like the 9th toughest the rest of the way. AND all but NCS and ND are away games.

LGO!
We have three home games left, you forgot FSU my man.

Any more major injuries aside; 9-3 is worst case to me. I really believe in this team.

I think 2-1 with the remaining home slate should be expected. Get the job done vs BC and split Pitt/Wake. I think Clemson is beatable but I see that one ending up like the 2018 heart breaker and they just always find a way to win at home it seems.

5 - 0

Season has already beat my expectations, not in amount of wins but in what we’ve accomplished already. We’ll win 6 games total, I have no doubt about that. Any win beyond that, the rest of the season is gravy to me. But with what we’ve accomplished so far I don’t actually have any expectations except any bowl game at this point. Just happy to be where we are 5 games in.

2018 was great, but the way we followed it up made me feel differently about "special" seasons.

Our program needs consecutive bowl appearances. Right now, the norm is we're not eligible for bowls. Gotta flip that.

Success this season doesn't happen until we make a bowl next season.

3-4 more wins. I think we're better than BC & Pitt. I expect to beat 1 of NC State or FSU. WF and Clemson I'm putting in the loss column. ND is 50/50.

I will be very disappointed if we only manage another win. Even 2 won't feel very gratifying knowing the talent we have on this roster. We're a good team and we should expect to beat a few of the teams left on our schedule, provided no more big injuries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom