So what's the deal with Men's lacrosse? | Syracusefan.com

So what's the deal with Men's lacrosse?

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
Is Desko slipping? Is recruiting slipping? Is it that the game is simply more popular and thus there is more competition? I wonder if his seat is getting warm.

Is Desko slipping? Is recruiting slipping? Is it that the game is simply more popular and thus there is more competition? I wonder if his seat is getting warm.
Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Recruiting took a slight slip but certainly looks to be on the up and up. Now that there is a rule prohibiting recruiting players who are a sophomore and younger in theory it should benefit Desko and cuse.

Recruiting took a slight slip but certainly looks to be on the up and up. Now that there is a rule prohibiting recruiting players who are a sophomore and younger in theory it should benefit Desko and cuse.
I think the next 3 classes prove that Desko & team have changed their recruiting tactics. The 17 & 18 classes are loaded with talent and 19's look incredibly promising.

I think the next 3 classes prove that Desko & team have changed their recruiting tactics. The 17 & 18 classes are loaded with talent and 19's look incredibly promising.
Agree completely '19 may shape up to be the best of all of them. Its very impressive, Levandowski, Zawada, and Donnelly will be UA All-Americans.

I do not understand all of the Desko hate on this forum. Yes, the program has come back to the pack the last few seasons and having a senior class with no FF's is very disappointing. However, I think other than the loss to Towson that this team easily exceeded expectations.

The two biggest game changers are the X man and the goalie. In the cases of Williams and Molloy, both were solid overall, but neither one was spectacular. Both were at least somewhat inconsistent. Combine that with the lack of a bona fide superstar and you have a team that can be beaten.

All of the comebacks and the one goal w's show to me a coach with the ability to adjust intra-game and somebody who never let his team quit on him.

What more can one ask of your coach ??

As many posters have mentioned, the upcoming season may be comparatively lean, but then after that the new and improved recruiting kicks in.

Lax will never go back to the days when Cuse and Hopkins rotate titles. It is much more wide open. As long as we are in the mix and have as good a shot at a FF and a title as anybody else then that is all we are entitled to expect. If it plays out that way then more FFs and some titles will eventually be in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom