So what's ths story? | Syracusefan.com

So what's ths story?

SWC75

Bored Historian
Why are we doing this after so many years on Scout? Why are we having to learn the quirks of a new board just as the football season is set to begin?

Also, how do I load an avatar and a signature?

Will I actually be able to cut and paste from my word processor, (Microsoft Works) without this site doing something crazy to it? I can do it on any other site without any problem but Scout loved to play with it- deleting capitol letters, eliminating spaces, changing the roder of things, etc. Links had to put on separately. Every time I complained, I got a lecture on how Works stinks and I shouldn't be using that program, even though it works fine anywhere else.

I do lengthy posts and sometimes break them into sections, with each section being a reply to the first. . Are there limits on this board that we didn't have on Scout that I should know about?

The smilies suck. :(

I guess I just don't like change.

Not an admin, but I think the best thing about this site is that it can evolve and add or take away functionality if there is a want and need for it. I would just document what is really important to you and let Tom et al know. I wrote a bunch of stuff in my 'Wish List' post below.

The fact that we control the functionality and features as a group is the best part of this whole thing.

Why are we doing this after so many years on Scout? Why are we having to learn the quirks of a new board just as the football season is set to begin?

Also, how do I load an avatar and a signature?

Will I actually be able to cut and paste from my word processor, (Microsoft Works) without this site doing something crazy to it? I can do it on any other site without any problem but Scout loved to play with it- deleting capitol letters, eliminating spaces, changing the roder of things, etc. Links had to put on separately. Every time I complained, I got a lecture on how Works stinks and I shouldn't be using that program, even though it works fine anywhere else.

I do lengthy posts and sometimes break them into sections, with each section being a reply to the first. . Are there limits on this board that we didn't have on Scout that I should know about?

The smilies suck. :(

I guess I just don't like change.

Scout was funky when cutting and pasting content. This site, from my little experiments, is considerably better.

Like others have said, with Scout we were stuck with what Scout decided it wanted and could do little in the way of customization or enhancements. This will lead to a better board that better meets our unique requirements over time.

Regarding your avatar and signature, click on your user name in the blue stripe near the top of the page. From there, you can do a lot of customizing, including your avatar and signature.