So... will there be changes amongst the coaching staff? | Syracusefan.com

So... will there be changes amongst the coaching staff?

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
Cavanaugh needs to go. That much is clear.

Lynch? Think he's safe?

Ward? Is he safe?

How about the WR coach? or the QB coach? Neither of those two units seem to have much progress being made, either.

No idea but I do know something needs to be shaken up.

Oh, I do think that changes will be made after the season ends, It'd be hard to justify retaining the entire staff, IMO.

I’m not sure why Ward’s name would be on the chopping block. Aside from the Maryland game, the defense has played pretty admirably this year. This last couple games could’ve been pretty ugly if they hadn’t played as well.
I agree for the most part BUT the only unit that I have seen play with consistent proper technique is the DL.. the DT's included. LB's have been very inconsistent with there technique as well... what in the world are our postion coaches talking to these guys about? and what kind of instruction/reinforcement are they being given?
I will say this about our OL.. If the scheme is so complicated or demanding that we cant get kids in the game that have been in the program2 or 3 years then what the hell are we doing? Its just not that difficult... a complete review of the way we are coaching.. including how we are reinforce the basics as well as the OL scheme and the way we are running things needs to take place and I will tell you something else.. watching what they are teaching the tackles to do with there hands on pass plays is a little off.. they got them palms out quickly but there hands are too close together.. I want width with hands being at shoulder width giving our guys more leverage. I am not seeing that from the tackles.. some times I have seen Servais not even using his hands.. and using his forearms for Christ sake.. seen that from our guards some too... the details are not being cleaned up and that is a coaching issue

Cavanaugh and Martin should go after the year

Ward and Lynch should stay, but I would reevaluate after next season for them

Honestly. They need to look for a new staff, top to bottom. This isn’t going to work. It’s pretty obvious.

One last thing.. The staff has talked about making sure our OL personnel can play multiple positions along the OL but I mean that sh* is not working. Get these kids into there natural spots and get them specialized for Christ sake...Except for maybe Center because you need more than 1... lets focus on the details for once.. dumb this sh* down.. get guys into positions and let them focus on one thing at a time and be competent at 1 position before we go making them "multiple" along the OL. because being incompetent at all the positions is certainly NOT better

Honestly. They need to look for a new staff, top to bottom. This isn’t going to work. It’s pretty obvious.
We are Syracuse. Babers is about as good as we will get. The rest of the staff I’m really not thrilled about. Ward needs to pressure more and Lynch is a terrible play caller.

Historically how many Syracuse coaches have beat a #2 team in the country and a 10 win season on their resumes?

Check back at this time next year. We’re headed for some lean times.

I have a feeling that Dino is not sticking around after this year. His demeanor has changed so much from previous years. The losing is starting to weigh on him. Not sure where he will go, but my gut says not here. I hope I am wrong cause even though his coaching calls are questionable (ex; FG from the 2) I think he may be the best we can get.

I have a feeling that Dino is not sticking around after this year. His demeanor has changed so much from previous years. The losing is starting to weigh on him. Not sure where he will go, but my gut says not here. I hope I am wrong cause even though his coaching calls are questionable (ex; FG from the 2) I think he may be the best we can get.
Who else would hire him (P5) after the awful debacle this year?

Who else would hire him (P5) after the awful debacle this year?
A place that’s name sells itself to recruits. An easier recruiting road with his system must attract some names.

I assure you all those places (which would be semi big name schools) are not hiring a 3-9 ACC coach.
Like I said. I hope not! We just need to recruit better. I think Dino threw all his eggs into one basket on the chosen one TD. And those said eggs are breaking one by one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom