Some heavy trolling from ACC Football News twitter feed | Syracusefan.com

Some heavy trolling from ACC Football News twitter feed

Alsacs

Living Legend
ACC Football News@accfootballnews 34m
While ACC schools get $20M/year, AAC schools will get a little less than $2M/year off a 6-year, $126 million deal starting in 2013-14

While its true, and funny. I wouldn't brag that much as the ACC was shaky until the GOR signed last week.

That's not an official ACC feed. That's from a newspaper in North Carolina.

While ACC schools get $20M/year, AAC schools will get a little less than $2M/year off a 6-year, $126 million deal starting in 2013-14

While its true, and funny. I wouldn't brag that much as the ACC was shaky until the GOR signed last week.
When you reach a goal after hard work, you have every right to brag. A goal is only "shaky" until it is achieved.

I don't understand how people get off on others' misfortune. I think it's kind of sick. If something good happens to you, why would you feel the need to lord it over someone and gloat. Just be happy for the position you're in.

i'm just curious with all this extra money that will be coming in what will be done with it? obviously travel expenses will increase some, but not that much. there is the BE exit fee which the AD is responsible for half of, but then what? will any be re-invested back into the program?

i'm just curious with all this extra money that will be coming in what will be done with it? obviously travel expenses will increase some, but not that much. there is the BE exit fee which the AD is responsible for half of, but then what? will any be re-invested back into the program?
The money will go towards funding all the athletic scholarships, upgrading facilities like the IPF, and possibly adding new sports. SU will go from surviving its AD on 3.5 million in TV to 20 million plus. This money will make SU athletics better. Also, the schedules will improve as we will be able buy more home games and maybe play better basketball non-conference games as the AD will be more in the black.

Salaries, budgets, recruiting, travel, new sports maybe, cosmetic or upgrades to existing facilities,marketing initiatives, SID improvements etc. Basically everything related to running an athletic department with the exception of facility construction or major upgrades which are done through fund raising.

Sent using my Commodore 64

I don't understand how people get off on others' misfortune. I think it's kind of sick. If something good happens to you, why would you feel the need to lord it over someone and gloat. Just be happy for the position you're in.
rightly1_8350.jpg

Salaries, budgets, recruiting, travel, new sports maybe, cosmetic or upgrades to existing facilities,marketing initiatives, SID improvements etc. Basically everything related to running an athletic department with the exception of facility construction or major upgrades which are done through fund raising.

I uderstnad that, but Isn't this already being done with the BE money? The acc money is a pretty substantial difference. I can see more more marketing and SID improvements but there still seems to be a ton more money on the way?

Because some of us really, really dislike the fans of UConn and it's fun to see them realize they aren't playing with the big boys anymore.

I uderstnad that, but Isn't this already being done with the BE money? The acc money is a pretty substantial difference. I can see more more marketing and SID improvements but there still seems to be a ton more money on the way?

Just makes you wonder if SU wasn't really running in the black like they say.

No one has a good answer to this one. So I've presented what I think is the most realistic.

If they attempt a grassroots funding campaign in CNY, they better come up with some plausible answer to that question. Because they are going to hear it quite a bit. I'd suggest they use references to schools like Texas and Michigan where ever possible.

Yea, BE money does that but now we can do all those things bigger the and better

Remember the Big East was making a lot of money from the NCAA credits these past 4 years while the conference may have had a crappy TV deal those NCAA credits probably paid each member school almost equal to what the conference was getting from ESPN. The ACC will benefit now from Pittsburgh, Notre Dame, Syracuse consistent NCAA appearances, and with each win in the tournament the conference gets additional shares. Thus, Duke and North Carolina won't be the only schools winning money for the conference in the NCAA tournament.

How did NCAA credits get,distributed with the departing BE schools, the AAC and the BE?

How did NCAA credits get,distributed with the departing BE schools, the AAC and the BE?

I think SU will be forfeiting their 2012 and 2013 NCAA credits they earned as they announced departure in September 2011. I believe also, the Catholic 7/Big East are going to take the credits they have earned with them, but the Syracuse/Pitt/ND credits will stay with the AAC. Syracuse earned a 1 million dollar bonus from the Big East for reaching the Final Four this year, and I bet that will go toward 7.5 million dollar exit fee Syracuse owes the AAC/Big East. Syracuse has only paid approximately 1.5 million of 7.5 million it owes the AAC/Big East. Dr. Gross should have that 1 million earned from the Final 4 run go towards the remaining 6 million the school owes and move on. The credits are worth more that people realize. Each round the conference gets a higher valued share and Syracuse has earned in the ten's of million dollars for these past 2 years NCAA tournament runs Elite 8, Final 4, and sadly SU won't receive anything beyond that bonus we earned this year.

Because a fair amount of folks measure their own success by comparing it to others to feel superior or make themselves feel inferior. Just the way a lot of folks operate.

If you're driving a Bentley and I'm driving a Honda I think "man he's got a nice car, good for him" and am happy with a reliable car but a majority of the populations thinks "I should have a Bentley, him". Jealousy is an ugly thing as well as gloating and thinking "that poor guy only has a Honda! Man I feel great about my Bentley because of that". Pretty sure this has went on forever in most circles.

I've always subscribed to "act like youve been there before" when successful but some would just cruise up and down the strip in their Bentley to show it off.