Some impressive numbers | Syracusefan.com

Some impressive numbers

Eric15

Living Legend
Three guys had extremely impressive statistical games. Two of ours and one of theirs.

Marek scored 20 points on only 6 shot attempts. That is insanely efficient.

Moses Wright had 33 and 10 on 14-17 shooting. One of the better games by an opponents big man in Dome history.

And Eli went for 20/7/7 which has to be fairly rare in SU history.

Melo didn't go 20/7/7 in the title game?
image.jpg

Nice memory!

Most impressive play? I'll go with Girard's pass on the break to Dolezaj for the layup to put SU up by 3 if I remember correctly. The layup was pretty too. But go back and watch that pass. It perfectly threaded the needle between two GT defenders. That was a really well-defended break and Dolezaj still got the points.

Most impressive play? I'll go with Girard's pass on the break to Dolezaj for the layup to put SU up by 3 if I remember correctly. The layup was pretty too. But go back and watch that pass. It perfectly threaded the needle between two GT defenders. That was a really well-defended break and Dolezaj still got the points.
That little interior shuffle pass from Dolemite to Sid for a layup with a few minutes left was also pretty sick. I don't think the ball got 1 foot off the floor between them. GT also had some nice interior passing, great game, great effort, great finish.

It came shortly after the Dome ran the "assist of the game" promo (and obviously was better than whatever they selected).

That little interior shuffle pass from Dolemite to Sid for a layup with a few minutes left was also pretty sick. I don't think the ball got 1 foot off the floor between them. GT also had some nice interior passing, great game, great effort, great finish.

It looked to me like Dolezaj changed his pivot foot on that one but the GT defenders shielded a full view from the cameras. I'll take it in any case.
Dolezaj has got great awareness of his teammates and really good hands for a big man. The Girard to Dolezaj layup was also made possible by a head's up flip to Bourama when Marek grabbed the loose ball right on the baseline.

MD seems to be the only guy who can successfully pass to Sid.

That JG3 pass was difficult. Why he went over the head rather than more traditional chest pass would be interesting. Marek catching it, gathering, and finishing was also very impressive.

That JG3 pass was difficult. Why he went over the head rather than more traditional chest pass would be interesting. Marek catching it, gathering, and finishing was also very impressive.

It was a bounce pass. Go to the 6:30 mark:

Not a chance, I pulled it from college basketball reference's play index tool which is really great for querying cbb data

Gotcha. And I'm with you on CBR's reference tools. They are amazing. There are a few others out there as well that do a really good job with flexibly defined "clutch points" definitions, etc. It's been a long time coming for more people to use the depth of available stats and data syrfan.com.

Good stuff...glad you pulled that.

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom