Some interesting cbb info with Cuse angle | Syracusefan.com

Some interesting cbb info with Cuse angle

florange44

Scout Team
I have a friend who is involved with Tennessee basketball. Saw him a few nights ago and started talking hoops. He had some interesting inside info.

1) He says Brandon Huntley-Hunter was a lock for UT all along. Plays Aau for the UT “farm team” with a UT alum as coach. We never had a shot.
2) he says that Blue Cain (SU recruit from Knoxville) is probably not a take for UT, says he’s not that good. He says they are a lock for his teammate Edwards.
3) he told me that UT got Kennedy Chandler by hiring his aau coach last year. Forward thinking on Barnes part.
4) he says Barnes told him that Shaka was told by Texas “we are firing you in a week, you should look elsewhere”. That’s why he left( as we thought). Now confirmed.
5) he also says that Beard called Barnes and asked him if he should take the Texas job. Barnes told him not to because the boosters will never be satisfied. Obviously, Beard took it anyway. Barnes advice was stay at TT and be a beloved lifer there.
6) he told me that Tenn fans are getting impatient with the mediocre results (his words) that Barnes is producing with these top rated classes. He brings them from no where to consistent top 20 and these people are upset?

Florange44

I have a friend who is involved with Tennessee basketball. Saw him a few nights ago and started talking hoops. He had some interesting inside info.

1) He says Brandon Huntley-Hunter was a lock for UT all along. Plays Aau for the UT “farm team” with a UT alum as coach. We never had a shot.
2) he says that Blue Cain (SU recruit from Knoxville) is probably not a take for UT, says he’s not that good. He says they are a lock for his teammate Edwards.
3) he told me that UT got Kennedy Chandler by hiring his aau coach last year. Forward thinking on Barnes part.
4) he says Barnes told him that Shaka was told by Texas “we are firing you in a week, you should look elsewhere”. That’s why he left( as we thought). Now confirmed.
5) he also says that Beard called Barnes and asked him if he should take the Texas job. Barnes told him not to because the boosters will never be satisfied. Obviously, Beard took it anyway. Barnes advice was stay at TT and be a beloved lifer there.
6) he told me that Tenn fans are getting impatient with the mediocre results (his words) that Barnes is producing with these top rated classes. He brings them from no where to consistent top 20 and these people are upset?

Florange44
Yes, they got a taste of the top 10 and made one elite 8 under Pearl and immediately thought they should be a blue blood. Tennessee fans are the reason I've grown to hate UT sports since moving to Knoxville.

Yes, they got a taste of the top 10 and made one elite 8 under Pearl and immediately thought they should be a blue blood. Tennessee fans are the reason I've grown to hate UT sports since moving to Knoxville.

Tennessee fans think they are Bama in football and Duke in hoops.
With exactly zero basis in history or reality to support these beliefs.

The level of delusional grandeur there is nearly unsurpassed

Also - nobody has done less with more than Rick Barnes.

Remember:
he did not make the Sweet Sixteen with Kevin Durant
AND 3 other future NBA players on that team.

Having spent a considerable amount of time in Knoxville i can honestly say it is one of the strangest communities on the planet. Inbreeding is never a good thing especially when it comes to football and basketball fans.

Dead on descriptions of Knoxville. Had the "pleasure" of living in Maryville (just outside Knoxville) in 1998, timing couldn't of been worse, lol .Between getting robbed in the dome that year and incredible good fortune stumbling to a NC that year their fans we insufferable. Insult to injury, they also beat us in hoops in the dome too, grrr.
I will say it is a great geographic area to live, cost of living, lakes, mountains etc, but, man their fans are delusional.
Brought a customer to the Florida game at Neyland,awesome venue, ( they hated Spurrier with a passion as he was a local) anyway, my customer goes about 300lbs, jumped on the field after the win helped tear the goalpost down and they ran down Cumberland Ave with it (our Marshall St) hysterical!

Having spent a considerable amount of time in Knoxville i can honestly say it is one of the strangest communities on the planet. Inbreeding is never a good thing especially when it comes to football and basketball fans.
Ouch!

Dead on descriptions of Knoxville. Had the "pleasure" of living in Maryville (just outside Knoxville) in 1998, timing couldn't of been worse, lol .Between getting robbed in the dome that year and incredible good fortune stumbling to a NC that year their fans we insufferable. Insult to injury, they also beat us in hoops in the dome too, grrr.
I will say it is a great geographic area to live, cost of living, lakes, mountains etc, but, man their fans are delusional.
Brought a customer to the Florida game at Neyland,awesome venue, ( they hated Spurrier with a passion as he was a local) anyway, my customer goes about 300lbs, jumped on the field after the win helped tear the goalpost down and they ran down Cumberland Ave with it (our Marshall St) hysterical!
I have friends that moved there in 1997. Be careful when calling those things lakes. We both know most of them are just where the river gets wide. ;-)

Florange44
Great stuff! Texas and Tennessee fans = delusional.

I was more popular than the Governor one weekend down in Gatlinburg when SU thumped Florida. Strangers buying me drinks and high fives all weekend! They do love their Vols. But that annoying song......It is a beautiful area to visit. Another time I was down there for Georgia week. Was like being stuck between the Hatfields and McCoys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom