some numbers on transfers | Syracusefan.com

some numbers on transfers

stuckinbig11

All American
Ø About 40% of all men’s basketball players who enter Division I directly out of high school depart their initial school by the end of their sophomore year.

Ø The number of postseason transfers has remained relatively constant in men’s basketball for the last four years, between 650 and 700 student-athletes.

Ø 2020 saw the largest increase in the number of transfers remaining in Division I. This increase in Division I-to-Division I transfers led to a significant decrease in those transferring to junior colleges.

Ø Division I-to-Division II transfers remained near 25%, as has been the case for the past five years.

Ø In 2020, 1 in 10 are “up transfers” (transferring to a more prestigious program), while 38% are “lateral transfers” and 51% are “down transfers”.

Ø While the proportion of up transfers remains consistent with years past, an increase in lateral transfers reflects the greater proportion of transfers remaining in Division I.

Ø Of those men’s basketball transfers remaining in Division I, a third are “graduate transfers”. Graduate transfers are more likely to “up transfer” than undergraduate transfers in men’s basketball.

Ø Approximately 90% of all men’s basketball transfers say they leave for athletic reasons. Absent proper academic planning, many of these student-athletes lose credits upon transfer and register lower Academic Progress Rates and graduate rates at their new schools than seen among nontransfers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom