Someone tell Chad Ford to cut the sh.... | Syracusefan.com

Someone tell Chad Ford to cut the sh....

that sounds good.. no lottery no go. go in the following years watered downed draft.

Well, would you all like 1) the SU players to play worse just so they move down in the draft and stay another year, or would you like 2) the players to excel the entire season, win the NC, then have them all leave and go high in the draft? I'll take what's behind door #2. :)

I am resigned to the fact that Ennis is one and done; he's a sure first rounder with an age "issue." He'll be 20 before the next NBA season begins. He is fresh and new and exciting right now, and that trumps his relative lack of typical NBA athleticism. In another year, he won't be as fresh, his age will be more of a concern and might shed a negative light on his athleticism. Too big a risk to stay when a guaranteed contract beckons.

We can complain about the NBA drafting on potential and focusing too much on age and athleticism, but that is the world we are living in.

This is the downside of the Syracuse trend of taking "old" freshmen. The plus side is they are more physically developed and ready to contribute; the downside is there is more pressure on them to leave a year earlier than we would prefer. Jerami turns 20 this year, too, and that is another reason why he should take the money & run.

Put me in the camp that thinks Ennis is gone too. As moqui mentions, Ennis value is kind of unique and without that athleticism he will need to go while the interest is there. And that looks to be this year.

I previously thought that Grant might stay on. I thought his downside was less, he has the freakish athleticism. So the lure of moving into the lottery might be enough to keep him. I now also think he may be gone.

The downside of competing with the big boys talentwise is losing players early. The Grantland article really painted a pretty misleading picture of how JB is getting this done. There have been a lot of 2 and doners running through here.