Something fun to do - create an SU Football playlist on YouTube | Syracusefan.com

Something fun to do - create an SU Football playlist on YouTube

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
I just made a post like this on the hoops board. I didn't realize how much sports help bring a sense of structure to the week, even if our teams have not been must-see TV in recent times.

So I was digging through the YouTube archives, and I found a SU documentary made in 1989 about the first 100 years of SU football. Nearly an hour, produced in house with Dick Stockton, Marty Glickman, Len Berman and Marv Albert serving announcing duties. An amazing amount of old game footage from 70-100 years ago.

Then there was a series of short videos I found that were like SU legends profiles, each only 2-3 minutes long, but seen in a row, they cover Jim Brown, Ernie Davis (there are about 4 that make a nice tribute back-to-back, like I found for Pearl), Floys Little, Jim Nance, John Mackey and Larry Csonka. After that, I found a 30 minute game summary of Jim Brown, a similarly long one of Little, the '66 Gator Bowl, and about 8 minutes worth of the 1960 Cotton Bowl. Found one other Ernie Davis game, too, I think against Maryland in 1960 or '61.

Then you get some 80s and 90s entire games, like West Virginia, Auburn in the Sugar Bowl is there in 4 parts, and then a documentary about the '87 season. There are several short pieces that add up to nice tributes to Coach Mac, and then there are big bowls and big upsets to be found for each sport.

If you're bored and your family is starting to bug you after all this forced "together time", this is a nice little diversion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom