Something other than turkey? | Syracusefan.com

Something other than turkey?

orange79

Internet Sleuth
Anyone trying (or who regularly has) something other than turkey for Thanksgiving? Or if anyone here prepares it differently (fried, smoked, etc.).

Just curious if anyone has any other traditions.

I’ve been doing a prime rib the last few thanksgivings. My mom and brother are doing lobster and crab legs this year I guess. Sounds like the way to go

My in-laws are the only ones who really like turkey.

So, recently, we've done a small turkey dinner for them before Thanksgiving. Get it out of the way.

My brother-in-law has become obsessed with his smoker, and so we now enjoy smoked pulled pork on Thanksgiving. Much much better.

Always wanted to taste a fried turkey. Haven't done so, yet.
Fire Hazard Turkey GIF by GIPHY News

My family is pretty meh on Turkey, so we went to prime rib for big family gatherings a number of years ago, its the way to go.

My wife’s uncle fries turkeys and that’s at least a better way to go over an oven roasted Turkey. I’ve not tried to smoke one, but I’d consider it, though honestly I’d rather do a bunch of Cornish hens than a giant turkey. If you have to brine something forever to make it edible, should really just pass.

Anyone trying (or who regularly has) something other than turkey for Thanksgiving? Or if anyone here prepares it differently (fried, smoked, etc.).

Just curious if anyone has any other traditions.
We do prime rib every time we have to cook for a family gathering. Whether it be Thanksgiving, X-mas, X-max eve… whatever. No Ham or Turkey for us.

I have cooked it rotiserie style, Low and slow in an oven and also smoked. I like low and slow (250 deg) oven the best But smoking is good too if you don’t over do the smoke.

I smoke a brisket in my Weber Smokey Mountain. I've smoked turkey and while that is my favorite way to go for turkey, it is too boring compared to brisket or pulled pork.

My wife bastes her Turkey in a butter and white wine mixture when it’s wrapped in some kind of cloth. Idk I’m an idiot. But it’s the nicest looking bird when done. So good.

We have the usuals plus chicken cutlets, pasta, antipasto as well as soup. You cant compete with italians when it comes to food at holidays. We are the #1 overall seed. Christmas is an embarrassment of riches

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom