Somewhat annoying | Syracusefan.com

Somewhat annoying

Rocco

Watching you.
What’s up with the dropped passes? We really need to work on that. So many drive killers. Even our best guys were dropping balls.

Really need to regroup in a hurry. So many damn mistakes, but mainly on offense. The laundry on the field this year is truly baffling.

CDRW should be starting if there is any doubt that Shrader isn’t 75-80%. He is clearly our best option at QB given his experience, but when he can’t run like he has all year, that does us no good. CDRW has a very good arm and decent legs. I’m confident he can win us some games if needed.

With that being said, I still think we go 9-3 with a fun bowl game.

Oh yeah, FOCK Notre Dame. Their fans were trash and I still can’t figure out how many of them were actually ND fans or just moronic Cuse swaps.

Onward & upward.

Last edited:
Queeley is probably the most sure handed WR on the team. When do they let him get a turn?

Not sure what has happened to Alford. Every time I see him in single coverage, I just can't help but think to just throw it up for him. He's a big boy. Same with Hatcher.
Agreed, its a complete mystery. I really hope his development is like Custis. I was lost on why we didnt utilize him in 2017.

Shrader and DRW throw different balls. If you're in timing for one, switching takes a minute. Hell OG even dropped one

Shrader and DRW throw different balls. If you're in timing for one, switching takes a minute. Hell OG even dropped one
One of the “drops” was behind him. Wouldn’t even call it a drop.

No doubt, but there were drops in the first half. If you're a WR, your job is to catch anything within your radius. Occasionally, block on the outside and act as a decoy, but if the ball is thrown to you, you need to catch it if catchable... regardless who's throwing it.

One of the “drops” was behind him. Wouldn’t even call it a drop.
No doubt, but there were drops in the first half. If you're a WR, your job is to catch anything within your radius. Occasionally, block on the outside and act as a decoy, but if the ball is thrown to you, you need to catch it if catchable... regardless who's throwing it.

My HS coach taught me that if I could get finger tip on the ball, I should catch it... He also dislocated one of my fingers on a pass he threw behind me...

Point is, it's different catching balls from different throwers. I can't explain the Clemson drops though...

I really don't have much faith in any of the more veteran receivers on this roster beyond OG2. we absolutely need to bring in some help via the portal for next season. We have a ton of guys who don't have great hands and don't get separation, ie completely unreliable. Jones looks very promising, but we need to see him on the field next year and can't count on that . My kingdom for an AET or TJ from the portal

Not sure what has happened to Alford. Every time I see him in single coverage, I just can't help but think to just throw it up for him. He's a big boy. Same with Hatcher.
Hatcher has dropped a few in limited opportunities. He's talented but you can't play someone if they can't catch the ball.

Hatcher has dropped a few in limited opportunities. He's talented but you can't play someone if they can't catch the ball.
He has also had some ESPN top ten type catches. He shows promise at times. Gadsden should work with Shrader for about 25% of the practice. The rest of practice, Gadsden should be running routes and catching the balls from the machine. The other 75% should be Shrader and CDRW passing to the other receivers other than Gadsden. I would think this would help sort out who needs to be on the field and who doesn’t. I know this sounds a little irrational, but you understand what I am trying to say. We know Gadsden has “it”. We don’t know who else does. I don’t claim to be a coach considering I can’t get one fifteen year old to do what I want him to.

Hasn’t Alford had four catches on four targets the last four games, and all pretty deep balls. I might have missed it but what drops does he have. He’s not the guy pulling the trigger.
He seems dinged up to me too.

I have a hunch that if CDRW gets significant pt, that Alford's production will increase.

Queeley is probably the most sure handed WR on the team. When do they let him get a turn?
I mean we saw him for 3 years. I thought that was enough. Usually these guys are pretty sure handed. I just think it reinforces the fact that we weren’t focused and had carry over from the Clemson game. I think I’ve seen enough of Jackson as well. Adams and Hatcher have both done more in their short careers as CJ has. Cooper surprised me the most. He went from catching everything to having crucial passes go off his face mask and through his fingers. The position certainly needs a huge portal upgrade.

Hasn’t Alford had four catches on four targets the last four games, and all pretty deep balls. I might have missed it but what drops does he have. He’s not the guy pulling the trigger.

I didn’t specifically single out Alford, I just mentioned that he’s getting no targets. When a kid of that size and athleticism is in single coverage on the outside, I’d throw it to him every single time. Let him go up and get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom