Sooo.about our ODU Loss. | Syracusefan.com

Sooo.about our ODU Loss.

I was at the game. The last 30 seconds was the loudest crowd noise I can remember since SU games at Manley (yes, I'm that old). Even though the crowd was fairly small, nobody left. The Dome would have been almost empty with a similar score. In the last 20 seconds, UTSA scored on a layup, forced a turnover, made a three pointer and then withstood three attempts at a game wining shot.
We had season's tickets for football and basketball at SU, until I left for a job in San Antonio. Now we have season's tickets for both at UTSA. This is a team that lost their first game of the year to D-II St. Edwards!

I was at the game. The last 30 seconds was the loudest crowd noise I can remember since SU games at Manley (yes, I'm that old).

Remember SU - St Johns when SJ was top 10 and had Billy Schaefer? Loudest crowd I ever heard.

I thought the thread was going to ask which loss was worse. I'm trying to focus on the positive things today though.

I was at the game. The last 30 seconds was the loudest crowd noise I can remember since SU games at Manley (yes, I'm that old). Even though the crowd was fairly small, nobody left. The Dome would have been almost empty with a similar score. In the last 20 seconds, UTSA scored on a layup, forced a turnover, made a three pointer and then withstood three attempts at a game wining shot.
We had season's tickets for football and basketball at SU, until I left for a job in San Antonio. Now we have season's tickets for both at UTSA. This is a team that lost their first game of the year to D-II St. Edwards!

why were you at a UTSA-ODU game?

that is absolutely fascinating to me that a guy on syracusefan forum on a sunday was at maybe the most random matchup possible on a saturday.

edit- lol... i didnt bother reading your last paragraph. i actually only got to "yes im that old" when i crafted my response.

By who?

Many others who seem to believe there's nothing to worry about with our program and that everything is fine. All maladies have been caused by probation and loss of scholarships. Or something to that effect.

Many others who seem to believe there's nothing to worry about with our program and that everything is fine. All maladies have been caused by probation and loss of scholarships. Or something to that effect.

Bad losses happen. Anybody claiming ODU is anything but a terrible loss, is wrong. Likewise, anybody claiming it's a sign of the end times and not impacted by the NCAA sanctions is also dead wrong.

Bad losses happen. Anybody claiming ODU is anything but a terrible loss, is wrong. Likewise, anybody claiming it's a sign of the end times and not impacted by the NCAA sanctions is also dead wrong.

I don't think sanctions had much to do with our losing to Old Dominion, but if you'd like to make that claim you can.

generally speaking the tone on here was extremely overwhelming that ODU was NOT a good loss.

scholarships definitely affected our situation but this year there is little excuse for.

we just need to win and all of our maladies will be cured. we are a team that no 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 seed wants to play come tournament time. That i can assure you of.

generally speaking the tone on here was extremely overwhelming that ODU was NOT a good loss.

scholarships definitely affected our situation but this year there is little excuse for.

we just need to win and all of our maladies will be cured. we are a team that no 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 seed wants to play come tournament time. That i can assure you of.

Unless you are playing in the NIT and no one gives 2 Sh!+s...

Everyone needs to remember ODU when they get all giddy and start asking, excuse me...DEMANDING...top 25 votes.

I have been told that ODU is a solid mid-major program that we should not be ashamed to lose to.
They are a solid mid-major. They lost a road game in conference. It happens. At the time we lost to them, they were among the top 25 in defensive efficiency and were a solid top 100 team in overall efficiency. We scheduled them specifically because we thought they’d help our NET rating because they wouldn’t be a pushover. But, yea, we should have beat them. (Whereas Buffalo was seen as more of a toss-up.) hopefully ODU will play well for the next two months and the loss won’t hurt us too much.

No Frank against ODU, and bad Chukwu. It was a clown show. Forget it and move on. The record isn’t going to change. With Frank on the floor, healthy, we beat UConn and ODU, and probably Oregon/Iowa. Frank changes this team.

Soooo. With a win today against NC Char. ODU wins the CUSA regular season.

PHEW
The way people around this establishment framed the loss, it was like losing to Binghamton. CUSA is a tough mid-major and ODU is its Champion and Jeff Jones is a very good coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom