Sorry, but it is time... | Syracusefan.com

Sorry, but it is time...

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
The last few miracle runs to the Final Four and Sweet 16 have masked a terrible trend of Syracuse basketball. There have been many signs of decline -- many thought sanctions were a big part of it.

But this has been, by far, the most disappointing team I have seen since becoming a fan in 1994.

In my humble opinion, it is time for our coaching legend to either make drastic changes on his staff or to move into the retirement phase of his career.

We may make a run in the ACC for awhile, may win a game or two and still might make the tournament as a 12 seed. But this team is not playing to its potential and it is largely at the hands of the head coach and coaching staff.

i cant watch this team on offense anymore. every year its the same. pick and rolls over and over and over and over with centers who cant score.

syracuse basketball, where youll be on the bubble every year and struggle to score 60 every game. we need a change.

i cant watch this team on offense anymore. every year its the same. pick and rolls over and over and over and over with centers who cant score.

syracuse basketball, where youll be on the bubble every year and struggle to score 60 every game. we need a change.

Maddening. And people think it's on the players? Please. We have players that are plenty good enough.

The last few miracle runs to the Final Four and Sweet 16 have masked a terrible trend of Syracuse basketball. There have been many signs of decline -- many thought sanctions were a big part of it.

But this has been, by far, the most disappointing team I have seen since becoming a fan in 1994.

In my humble opinion, it is time for our coaching legend to either make drastic changes on his staff or to move into the retirement phase of his career.

We may make a run in the ACC for awhile, may win a game or two and still might make the tournament as a 12 seed. But this team is not playing to its potential and it is largely at the hands of the head coach and coaching staff.

Hate to say it, but...

...tough to argue with this on many fronts. I was of the mindset that if we could win tonight, it would offset the loss to ODU, and that the team would continue to improve as Howard regains his physical capabilities, but after another home loss this team is staring an NIT season in the face. We certainly can still right the ship and avoid that, but the way we're playing makes that increasingly unlikely.

And this is going from an unabashed Boeheim supporter. I believe that my posting track record shows that I'm not a knee jerk reactionary, but at minimum, I want to see things shaken up with the staff. Don't expect that to happen.

Wildhack can’t be that stupid and let this scheme and lack of fundmentals continue. We’re most likely NIT. I thought UB would blow us out tonight and PM’d a couple of people in private in case anyone is doubting me. Well...

Maddening. And people think it's on the players? Please. We have players that are plenty good enough.
Players make plays. Players execute plays. Players should make free throws. Players should not dribble the ball off their foot. Players need to fight for rebounds. This is not 100% on the staff. It's like people have never played sports in their life

Players make plays. Players execute plays. Players should make free throws. Players should not dribble the ball off their foot. Players need to fight for rebounds. This is not 100% on the staff. It's like people have never played sports in their life
Played plenty..the product out on the court is Sub par. Trend says CEO has to go.

how many years in a row of this though? yes we had some march runs cuz the zone is a beast in the tournament, but nothing is changing. and it needs to.

How are we WORSE than last year? It makes no sense.

When do you ever bring all your guys back and bring in a couple talented new players and get worse???

When the team doesn't know what they are doing.

How are we WORSE than last year? It makes no sense.

When do you ever bring all your guys back and bring in a couple talented new players and get worse???

yup. in a word, coaching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom