sorta OT - Our neighbors to the West | Syracusefan.com

sorta OT - Our neighbors to the West

buffalorange

Scout Team
Attached is the news release for the UB Bulls signing day. Some interesting notes:
  1. Even though UB was 8-5 and went to a bowl, their class is fourth from the bottom of the MAC
  2. But is ahead of UConn (Rivals: UB 113, UConn 119)
  3. They signed the CBA QB JR Zazzara
  4. Note how the web page features "New York" in the header.
  5. No telling how athletic they are, but UB signed some BIG kids.
  6. Including an Irish lineman! 6' 7" 295 lb.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/buffalo-208

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
119, What. Diaco will have his work cut out there, going to be very difficult given their conference situation as well.

Rocco

Watching you.

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
I remember when GRob recruited a bunch of big linemen. Jon Meldrum, Jim McKenzie, Tucker Baumbach, Adam Rosner, Nick Lepak, etc.

Size can be good, but was certainly not in our case.

SUNY cortland has big fat guys on their team too. Big is nothing

MadNY3

All American
119, What. Diaco will have his work cut out there, going to be very difficult given their conference situation as well.

Diaco's benchmark I'd guess is what Golden did at Temple. Show signs of life in a tough situation and the big job comes next.

zibby

Starter
Of course you pick the site that gives the worst ranking to UB. 247 has UB at 97 (third in the MAC) and Skout has UB at 106 (eighth in the MAC, though not far from fourth, which is NIU at 102).

Far more interesting to me is the number of players who had other offers. Three guys had offers from AQ schools and five more had offers from other FBS schools.

buffalorange

Scout Team
Of course you pick the site that gives the worst ranking to UB. 247 has UB at 97 (third in the MAC) and Skout has UB at 106 (eighth in the MAC, though not far from fourth, which is NIU at 102).

Far more interesting to me is the number of players who had other offers. Three guys had offers from AQ schools and five more had offers from other FBS schools.

"of course you pick...". Don't understand the snarkiness. Not that you deserve an explanation, but...I saw the release on UB's new football class and saw some interesting items in the article that members of this board might find entertaining. I wondered how the class was regarded and googled "football recruiting rankings," R vals popped up.

So one legitimate recruiting site ranked them a bit lower than two others. What was interesting is that the UB class was ranked higher than UConn. And they signed a QB from CBA and they have a 295 pound Irish born lineman.

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
Don't forget Zazzara flipped from Cuse to Buffalo...;)