Sources: Thunder, Carmelo Anthony to part ways this summer

FRANKIEFAN

2nd String
I'd like to see him go to a decent team who could use him.

Washington, Indiana, or Portland come to mind as interesting teams he could join.

Trueblue25

Great Dungey’s Kneecap
The novelty of Lebron and Melo playing together.

Melos a future Hall of famer. He will be fine.
I agree with that, itd be nice to witness.

Melo also would walk into a starting role alongside Kuz as the go -to perimeter and mid range players.

Briancuse

Living Legend
Dc kind of near his hometown. Good team good pg to get him looks. Not sure their cap situation.

sufandu

All American
Man. Would've been nice to see him hook up with Lebron 5 years ago. It'd still be nice if they could team up to bring Melo a ring.

longislandcuse

Living Legend
Sounds like LA, Houston, Portland or Miami. None are ideal though.

Houston would just be OKC redux in terms of his role as a stand-on-the-perimeter shooter.

LA's forward spots are crowded with Melo having to be ok coming off the bench for 20 minutes a game unless he resurrects his game alongside Lebron and warrants time over Ingram and Kuzma.

Portland and Miami have zero chance to challenge GSW but allow him playoff teams with starters minutes.

I am a bit torn. Do I want to see him go to a championship caliber team and likely play a diminished role or go to a mediocre team and be the man? Honestly, I think I'd like to see him break loose and go off on a scoring run and be on a team that might not contend for a championship but at least go to the playoffs.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Sounds like LA, Houston, Portland or Miami. None are ideal though.

Houston would just be OKC redux in terms of his role as a stand-on-the-perimeter shooter.

LA's forward spots are crowded with Melo having to be ok coming off the bench for 20 minutes a game unless he resurrects his game alongside Lebron and warrants time over Ingram and Kuzma.

Portland and Miami have zero chance to challenge GSW but allow him playoff teams with starters minutes.
I think Houston is a much better fit than OKC. Chris Paul is not Westbrook. Harden can be tough to play with, but I’d say Russ is tougher.

If he could accept a reduced role, I think he’d be fine there. Unlike OKC, I think they could make better use of someone who can do more on offense than just spot up and bomb 3’s.

H

HOFCeluck

I am a bit torn. Do I want to see him go to a championship caliber team and likely play a diminished role or go to a mediocre team and be the man? Honestly, I think I'd like to see him break loose and go off on a scoring run and be on a team that might not contend for a championship but at least go to the playoffs.
Being the man on a mediocre team describes Melos NBA career for the last eight years.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Being the man on a mediocre team describes Melos NBA career for the last eight years.
Exactly. We’ve seen that. He’s going into his 16th(!!!) season. B-ball wise he is ancient. He doesn’t need to be the man and his body probably isn’t up to it more than once a week anyways. Get him on a contender that will let him play to his strengths - just in fewer minutes- rather than try to make him something he’s not.

Top Bottom